Wednesday, 4 July 2018 - There's freedom within

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning :)

Today's lyrics: There's freedom within, there's freedom without

Yesterday's were Break my stride, Matthew Wilder

Em: must remember to put on clothes next time I go hiking in Switzerland ;)

LMH: Glad that cream works for you. It does sound a bit snake oil-ish ....

Blimey OH, that's a serious bike ride.

What: probably 10 miles
Why: is a beautiful morning and 10 is the new 5
Last hard: yesterday's MLR was harder than I liked
Last rest: 21/6

Comments

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That footie game last night nearly killed me. Please no more penalty shootings!! Glad England were cool enough to pull this off. Those Colombians played a little too dirty and should have seen red early on. Ref should have gone to Specsavers ...
  • Morning.

I know chicksta but it works for me so I don't care! Hope you managed your 10, it's going to be a good morning for running here too.

That was a bit of an epic ride OH.

Will you be off to your holiday home soon Donaldo?

What:           whatever the knee will allow
    Why:            it's not happy
    Last hard:    keeping the knee working
    Last rest:     12/6

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

OH: What an epic ride I bet you maybe a wee bit sore today?

Chick: Ihope the 10 goes well for you today

LMH:I hope the knee is happier today to allow you to run on it.

What: 7.18 miles
    Why: Because I  can
    Last hard: This morning's run was harder than I would have liked
    Lyrics: I think so yes

It was to be 11 miles but i knew from the off it was going to be slow and hard so downgraded run.
    In other news no puddles left:-(
    Garmin arrived back and.......does not work will not switch on or charge.......
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Wabo: So sorry to hear of everything of late, thoughts with you there. To echo Chicksta some good luck is due.

Chicksta: 10 miles is the new 5, like it

LMH: Lotions, potions and medicinal compounds, you are the team doctor. Hope that knee gives you some ease today.

OH: I'll say it again, you are a machine

Don: Good going in the heat

Welsh: Banked! Knowing how much you love the heat that is damned mighty fine from my view.

Ale:Fingers crossed things happening with referral/physio

Emz: Pic... I'll get on to it

Tuesday's bit manic for me, work (with last mintue urgent request flying in), managed to squeeze a 7 at lunchtime on cliffs, then one daughter to swimming club, other to Taekwondo, a good stretch session for me in the gym whilst they are busy, getting pretty flexible now, foot above head with total ease, then my TKD class. So hot yesterday evening we had a dress down t-shirts TKD class instead of suits.

What: Gym session today, pyramid routines I think

Why: Got to mix it up

Lyrics: Oh aye

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chick - racking up the miles there!
    Wabo - hope the show was good!
    Footy - was it ever in doubt? 
    what - easy recovery, and coaching tonight
    why - wasn't hills yesterday, it was 3x1800s. Not a brisk pace given the temperature but still ~6:40s. 
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - keeping world cup expectations in check
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: of course not

What: undecided. 

Why: Wondering if my knee can cope with a walk or whether it will be the fitness suite again. At least it is cool in there. Hot and sunny again today, although temperature is forecast to be down to 26. 

Don: hope you are not pushing too hard after your niggle...and I fully get the headteacher working in the holidays bit. Been there, done that!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    oh I know what i know these lyrics

Alehouse enjoy whatever you do decide
    Dustin, oh the show was so good, but we crept in at an interval before Cleo danced and the main show started, so we could watch 30 mins of the game - it felt so naughty!! Cleo was a brave munchkin, it was wizard of oz she was areal munchkin bless her
    benjy enjoy the gym, last night was somewhat lucky  but I know what you mean

WP I am in awe of your miles I really am
    LMH hope the knee behaves

Chick I love your post match analysis! Enjoy the ten!!

what: well, I am going to attempt 5 miles later, music on nice and easy yes!!
    why: I hope like WP cos I can
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hot and sunny again here too

what: making cheesecake, maybe swim
    why: see below and family of one of my many cousins visiting tomorrow 
    last hard: the virtual baseball between my buttocks ( yesterday's unaccustomed cycle ride)
    last rest: Saturday
    lyrics: no
  • It brightened up nicely here and was a lovely morning for a run, magic cream applied and knee was happy enough.

You are getting it hotter than we are Alehouse.

Hope the good weather stays your way for next week Benjy.

Orkney fudge cheesecake OH?

Some days less is more sensible Poppy.

Hope you enjoy the longer run Wabo.

I'd call 1800s at 6.40 pace brisk Dustin!
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all!

alehouse, heading to work again tomorrow but then signing off from it all for two whole weeks! I even delete my email account from my phone and iPad so there is absolutely no temptation to look at work stuff!

Term doesn’t really feel like it’s ended this year - kids are all away home but loads to do and leftover guff to deal with.

LMH, I don’t have a holiday home, we are stuck at school, the school house is our home for the time being.... saving though, for retirement, in maybe 10 years, nice and early.  Off to Menorca in a couple of days though, can’t wait for that.

6 easy miles in blazing sunshine again.  Not feeling it, I don’t think I am pushing it at all alehouse but the general ache in the heel/ankle/Achilles area is still hanging on, although I do feel it is more manageable now.  First time I have run for 5 days in a row for a long time!  

Lyrics, yes definitely, but it turns out I was wrong about yesterday so bang goes my streak! 

Happy running/gyming/swimming/baking/biking everyone! 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    aha lyrics just came to me, I knew they would!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

No Assembly League, Wabo? Mind you, not surprised with all that's going on! And well done for being naughty and watch some of the football and well performed Cleo by the sound of things!

Decided to a gentle session in the fitness suite rather than a walk as knee was niggly mid-morning.

Warm out there again and it is indeed the 26 degrees as forecast which represents a drop, not that you would notice.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That looks lovely OH.

I thought you had a croft type place on an out of the way island that you usually spent some of the summer holidays at Donaldo?

I hope the air con was working Alehouse.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    The air con was indeed working and as it was empty I placed my mat directly under a vent: a shock to the system when I came out into the heat...which has now gone up to 27!
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    LMH, ah yes, the family have a wee tin shack on Skye, it’s been a wee while since we were there, kind of outgrown it I think. Or too old to put up with no hot water!  

Alehouse, thanks for the advice you pm’d me. ??

More mountain biking magic tonight, nailed a KOM too which is always nice! 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    No worries about the message, Don: hope some of it helps. (Advice re Achilles and calf strengthening: if anyone else wants some thoughts on this message me!)
    Had forgotten about Skye...and can happily forget about most forms of biking, also. Exercise bike apart, of course!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Enjoy your Hols Don

Well a rarity, Im posting.... also it was raining today in Cardiff... clocking the train miles, been in North Wales for the last two days in Llandudno, got some running in..... now back in Cardiff. all 4 nights away this week (sucks). not aided by MiL 84 being rushed in to hospital with severe chronic back pain....all sorts of tests being done....

Iife goes on, so does the weight it seems..... I have no pace at present.... generally down and tired.... but ok other than that.

Will try and post more I promise... :-)

Take care all