Thursday 5th July 2018 - I play out my role

Morning.

Lyrics - I play out my role

Another hot one forecast for us - long may it last - though looking at the forecast it's going to be somewhat cooler next week and Whitby more so than here:-(

Hope your MiL is ok RFJ.

What:             easy miles/audit interview/jab
Why:              sanity/compulsory/needed
Last hard:      feeling so rough when I woke up (because jab is due)
Last rest:       12/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Looks as if it is going to be hot again here, also.

What: walk/helping

Why: first of club's 5k series. 600 entered! Will walk there and hopefully knee will cope. 

Lyrics: no

Hope things get better, RFJ.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    RFJ - hope the MiL's tests are positive
    Ale - good luck with the event

What - U11 coaching so easy running
    Why - Easy Thursday
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - yesterday. Feeling exhausted with cold like goings on, but battled round a 10k trail route, then coached locally so a a further 2-3 easy miles.
    At least it was a touch cooler and even saw some wet stuff fall from the sky.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

RFJ I hope things improve for you with travelling for work  and MIL.But glad you had some good runs in Llandudno .Never been but tempted in Autumn time.

Ale: I hope the 5k goes well and the walking for you.I take it the knee is still problematic

Dustin: I am exhausted reading all you do after working all day!!

LMH: Snap Jab for me as well today:-)

What: 3.5 miles
    Why: I slept in and all I had time for./because I can
    Last hard: Sleeping in and feeling too tired to run.
    Lyrics:Nope

I am just glad I ran and not had a rest  day mind you a very short run for me.Another hot day already:-( i want the rain you boys had and any puddles it left behind:-)

SC: Did you see Swansea half on TV Saturday  6.15am on Channel 4 or +1 an hour later.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    alehouse, all being well I will attend assembly league tonight, at Tottenham :smiley:
    rfj, hope MIL is ok
    WP thats a short one! Hope jab goes well
    LMH hope your jab goes well too and you feel a bit better
    dustin have a good easy thursday
    alehouse hope all goes well

what: 5k league race if the world is kind to me today
    why: I missed last and want to do this!!
    last hard: last night, only 3 miles I felt rubbish
    last rest: 31/12/16

The heat did for me last night so 5 miles didn't happen but I had a lovely evening with OH
    have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Kayaking deferred due to wind having got up
    lighting bar on trailer replaced
    telephone call to RBS MasterCard about unauthorised subscription to Spotify (dates from last month when there were other fraudulent uses and card had to be changed)
    I think my track record on lyrics here might support that I am not a Spotify user!

last hard: Tuesday
    last rest: yesterday except for 200m sea swim
    lyrics as usual
  • Hope your knee holds up Alehouse.

Enjoy Assembly League tonight Wabo.

We rarely regret a run Poppy - short is better than none.

Sounds like a productive day so far OH - shame you can't kayak.

Take care Dustin.

I felt much better for being out running, just hope that continues until at least after the audit interview.............
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear about your MiL being unwell, RFJ. Hope things start to improve at your end.

LMH: fingers crossed the audit interview goes well

OH: These fraud things suck. Hubby is currently being pestered with weekly letters from a dubious collection agency for a loan he's never taken from a bank he's never had any relationship with. Good job I work in a law firm so my colleagues will stop this nonsense.

Poppy: I was also too tired to get up early. In fact, body screamed no when I started thinking about a run. I went to the gym instead and did a really good 60 min strength workout with kettlebells, squats, deadlifts and the like.

Wabo: Fingers crossed for your race tonight

Ale: Enjoy supporting the race

What: gym session
    Why: too tired to run
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Crowded House, Don't dream it's over

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Hi all...lots going on. No WP..missed that, hope you enjoyed those reduced miles. Chicksta: Wow...take care if you are that tired! OH I have cake/tart envy. Wabo, have a good 5k. Dustin/LMH nice to see you both have easy days.
    MIA for a couple of days as I wnt to Andorra to see Cirque du Soleil's performance: Diva. Fantastic. Stunning bus journey from Toulouse to Andorra (3 hours each way). All well until we got back to the airport. Hiccoughs and storms...9 hours late home....not a lot of sleep and work
    What: Tintern Trot, playful 5.9 miler with 250m climbing in the first half :-)
    Why: Temporary loss of sanity
    Last Hard ; Branch hitting my head CWR Saturday
    Last Rest: Really
    Lyrics Yes (and looking forward :-))
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Warm here: 27.5 at present. Hope to get under a tree for my marshalling duties! 

I emailed the suppliers of LMH's magic cream in the US of A:

"Unfortunately, we do not have vendors in the UK and we don't do shipping there either.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Have a great day"

And have a great assembling, Wabo! If you see Dennis tell him I will be down for the LFoM in three weeks!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Did you get my message Alehouse? Maybe there's a business opportunity there - though I expect there would be too many hoops to jump through. 29C here!

I'm hungry now OH!

ope you have an incident free race SC.

Sounds like a sensible decision chicksta.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes thanks, LMH! Am hoping I won't need any by the time you are Stateside...but yes, there does sound like a business opportunity! And yes, I bet there will be rather a lot of red tape also.
  • Unfortunately I can't imagine ever not needing it Alehouse! A small tube has lasted me a year though, I only bring out the big guns in extremis:-)
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    thanks all - MiL pain is now under control, they now need to establish the full facts.

WP - Llandudno is lovely, a bit of flat round the bay but a few hills either side :-), content with 4.3m along both sides of the  river Taff tonight and preparations for the England India match......

Looking forwards to going home tomorrow.... then going to the Basingstoke parkrun 10th anniversary.... wow, i was there for the first one (and is only one of two course I have finished 1st at...... (doubt that will ever happen again....

strange that the US of A wont post over here......

Take care all