Friday, 6 July 2018 - When the train rolls by

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
MORNING

OH, I'm shouting.  sorry ....

Lyrics:  When the train rolls by
I'm gonna be ready this time

That's some seriously yummy looking cake OH.

Magic cream won't ship to Germany either. Maybe we should set up a global European business together :)

What: LSR
Why: busy weekend ahead and won't have time
Last hard: waking up
Last rest: 21/6

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Long Hot Summer by The Style Council.

Would your Florida friends not post some for you chicksta? Hope you've had a good long run.

What:          easy miles/packing
    Why:           no work/off to Whitby tomorrow
    Last hard:   deciding what to pack (it's going to be colder than I've become used to!)
    Last rest:    12/6

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics yesterday I had to google
    and today is a no
    I have family in USA I might have to have a word.
    LMH where you off to?
    Chick enjoy the LSR

Race was so hard last night, a 5k became 3.65 miles and 4 laps of hot running! what with my warm up and cool down I was close to the 5 I wanted the day before...

what: just biked in 16.5 miles, bonked a bit and the tarmac was making strange sounds!! Run commute later
    why: to get home in time for footy, bike wont do it
    last hard: this morning
    last easy: 31/12/16

have a great weekend all, I'm park running then 10 k race sunday and of course I'll watch England tomorrow with the girls!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Well done on pinning a number on, Wabo! Hope you go well over the weekend too. Had forgotten about football this pm! And can I be your first customer as an importer of magic cream?

LMH: jealous of Whitby...again!

Chick: hope you got the LSR in.

What: more fitness suite work

Why: knee, Achilles, back and the rest of me need it. Walked probably 7 or 8 k last night to and from the race. Knee, whilst not perfect, coped quite well and there is little reaction this morning. Won't be thinking about running on it quite yet though.

Lyrics: of course not

And it is going to be hot again here.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Wabo: All comes to those who wait :-) Nice biking and you are still going to run too?
    LMH enjoy Whitby and more easy miles. Chicksta: eat up and enjoy the miles.
    Race report: Tintern Trot. 6ish miles with min 250m ascent off road race. 250/278 entrants this year completed. Start 19.30 and a tad warm at 26 degrees. Had distance sun specs. Wrong choice. Set off on the flat bit and ran to HR pleasant going but running through wooded area complete canopy so specs off. 2.5k in start the ascent. Not so bad. Shorter strides and lower cadence keep the boy under control and let a few people pass. Bit of down and then another climb to a bend and loop back at 5 on a hairpin hold on halfway and still climbing same gradient and then : Oh Bu&&%$. I'll walk this bit. 200m of interesting slope but dropped into yomp pose swung arms and found I was overtaking runners...hmmmUp and up and then on the top undulating  rolling path single file in places so no way to pass. Then came the downhill. Sheer in parts slippy in many and almost suicidal I thought as all on rock/flint/exposed root and trail. Sweep round and then down over an open field. That was fun. Last click was back on trail and had an incline...up. Made up a few spots and ended sub 53 in 75th spot and 6/23 in category. Winner was sub 39 - Mountain goat. Tough run but pleased and waited until finish for SVT episode so fair result...oooops. 
    What: Not a lot
    Why: Drive to Coventry for parkrun conference F/S/S
    Last Hard: Above
    Last Rest: Technically Wed
    Lyrics: Nope
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    18 miles done. Wild and windy out there. Hope it improves for my party tomorrow (belated 50th, postponed due to hubby's heart attack) I have 22 people wanting to be fed, watered and accommodated. Plan was to have BBQ on the patio. So major food shopping spree now and a ton of stuff to prepare.

Safe travels LMH. There's too much hassle with customs for shipments from the US. We just have to visit them again :) although it might be a problem for hubby going long haul. And being let into the US why his suitcase full of heart meds.

Always tough to run in the heat wabo.  But you did it :+1:

Good news ale.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Xpost SC. That sounds downright dangerous. Very nice result.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wow chick! have a great  belated
    alehouse 100%
    SC nice that the svt waited.. sounds like a great race!!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    sc I have to run 1.5 miles to station near work, get trains to woodford, then run the uphill 2 miles to Chingford...then have a beer ;-)

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Chick: Great running  this morning and good luck for your Birthday party tomorrow:-)

LMH: Enjoy the run, packing and everything else you will do today:-)

Wabo : well done on race with all that has been going on!

Ale:I  am also envious of Whitby and I have never been but looks a lovely place for a holiday.

SC: Well done on race it sounds......Challenging and not good for Achilles!Glad the SVT did not happen till after the race.So lots of Billy Goats were in the race :)

What: 12.05 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last hard: Yesterday and the heat
    Lyrics: Yes

Last time I ran 12 miles was 4th January as been sticking to 10-11 miles so nice to see this run although slow was fine with no issues and a week early on my schedule:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I'm glad you didn't have any episodes during the race SC - sounds as though there was enough to contend with terrain wise! Long drive for your parkrun conference.

I hope the weather improves for your BBQ chicksta and you're not too busy looking after everyone else to enjoy the party. I think your husband should be fine to fly long haul and taking meds into the USA isn't a problem - I usually travel with a copy of the prescription or a letter from my GP but have never had to produce them.

Well done Poppy.

Enjoy the footie Wabo.

Sounds promising Alehouse.

I'd prefer it if Whitby was going to be a bit warmer - temperatures are only forecast to be mid teens which is going to feel cold to me - 26C here again today and I'm loving it.
  • 5k around Scapa loop
    getting back on proverbial horse and trying out Brooks Ghost 10s
    last hard: Tuesday's cycle
    last rest: yesterday - cheesecake went down well with cousin and family
    lyrics no

well done on the race SC
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Great report and sounds like a classic run Stray, my kind of thing!
    Well done Wabo!
    Excellent mileage Chick, and hope the BBQ goes well
    OH - cheesecake: always a good idea

What - 7 miles up to Victoria Park. Sweltering today, rarely do I need to wring sweat out of socks!
    Why - lunchtime (s)miles
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - possibly today

• More fraudsters

Els received texts from iFitness and Mobile platforms (UMElimited.com) in April claiming she had enrolled to their "service" and stating they were going to charge her £3 and £4.50 a week for this "service". As she had taken no action to enroll in any such services and cancellation was to a premium rate text number. She assumed this just spam.
    Unfortunately however they did succeed in both making a regular charge to her mobile phone account since then.
    Now all stopped and blocked but not unsurprisingly these companies are resisting requests for refunds of monies dishonestly taken.
  • Blimey OH - that's stressful. How on earth have they got hold of all of these details?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    OH that sounds horrible.  Hope you can get it all sorted soon.
    RFJ glad things are looking up for MiL

What: rest today, 5 km yesterday
    Why: it's too hot
    Last hard: yesterday's 5km, I had to stop for a breather at 2.5km as I thought I was going to be sick
    Lyrics: nope (but knew Wednesday's!)

Was going to do a 26 km tomorrow, but now we are going to the local countryside show which we were going to go to after my run, until we saw the programme.  It looks amazing!  Starts at 9:30, so we will be missing parkrun to make the most of the day.

Have a lovely weekend all.