Sunday 8th July 2018-Watch him turn his collar up against the wet

Morning,

Lyrics:Watch him turn his collar up against the wet

Ale Thanks for advice re achilles

What: 8.3 miles(i think)
Why: Because I can
Last hard: Yesterday and the heat

Garmin has frozen whilst transfering data so hope it sorts it self out or  I will be garminless tomorrow!
ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Was just going to start the lyrics! At least I knew mine. 

Yesterday's were, "Starting over," John Lennon. 

What: probably fitness suite, perhaps a walk as well

Why: not quite ready to start over running

Trouble with my Garmin too: have lost one of the rubber button covers on the side of my 310XT. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning all.
    Sunning it on the coast of Menorca, in Es Castell at the moment.  Very nice it is too!

4 miles yesterday and 4.4 today, all early runs cause I can’t take the heat at other times.  Eating too much, drinking too much.

Great result for England yesterday, was delighted.  Looking forward to Wed now.  

Lyrics, nope.  
  • What: rest I think other than swim maybe
    Why: tired (3 X 5h+ exercise sessions this week is probably sufficient for a pensioner)
    Last hard yesterday
    Lyrics no

Enjoy your deserved break Don

Hope you are able to run again soon AH
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Busy couple of days, daughters school fair Friday, helped setup in morning and did tombola afternoon. Had a 1.5 hours at lunchtime so managed to squeeze in only a six as had to get home, changed, run, shower and back to school. Early morning gym session yesterday, then out for day back in at 2AM. Head hurts.

Heat really taking its toll on me, no rain for three weeks now, the town looks whiteover thanks to the seagulls. Need rain to give it a good clean.

What: A run at some point, but not sure when and for how long, most likely early evening
    Why: Having a garden party do, (gazebo up)
    Lyrics: Absolutely not

• That was a long day yesterday Benjy but unless you are having better weather than Whitby this isn't hot! Quite a few degrees cooler here than Derby - though nice enough today.

Sorry to hear about the Garmin Poppy.

Sounds as though you may need a few more days work to have a rest OH:-)

I do hope it isn't long before you're running again Alehouse.

Hope you continue to have a good holiday Donaldo.

I had a lovely early (though not Poppyesque) run, beautiful morning, not many folk around, down into town and over the swing bridge, up the Khyber Pass, down onto the prom, along to the golf course, up the hill to the road, back into town and on the cinder path, over the Larpool Viaduct and home. My knees were fine on the ups and downs but my right knee objected violently to climbing the steps to get on to the cinder path and I thought I was going to have to walk home from there. Fortunately a good rub and a tentative hobble son turned into being able to finish the run. Have walked over six miles already today too and it's fine though my left knee is swollen, I may have to stick to flatter holiday destinations soon:-(

What:             short and hilly
    Why:              there aren't any flat routes
    Last hard:      deciding which ice cream flavours to try yesterday
    Last rest:       12/6

Lyrics - no, and we'll have no talk of wet weather thank you!
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh wow it's pushing 30 here again today

What: 26km this morning
    Why: it was too hot to do it later
    Last hard: the arguement I had with a dog owner who refused to move his dogs off the path, instead telling me I'm a f*****g Runner, I can jump over brambles. I'm too busy picking up my dogs' $hit to move them out of the way.  I must shamefully say that the words I spoke back at him weren't my usual language...
    Lyrics: nope

Terrible night's sleep due to neighbours celebrating the football till midnight. When I'm up at 5 due to the heat it would be nice to be able to sleep...

Hubby away this week and need to go food shopping but the walk to the shops is not filling me with joy right now!

Lmh hope the weather improves for you.
    Ale and poppy hope Garmin woes are fixed soon
    Dustin have a nice holiday
    Oh you make me laugh
    Benjy good juggling

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Good running in the conditions, Emz! Sounds like some dog owners around here. Once took a photo of an owner and dog and took it to the local police station after the dog had scratched my legs; the owner had got there before me to complain about someone infringing his privacy by taking photos of him without permission! Police were not interested of course and suggested I looked into taking a private prosecution out and I shouldn't be taking photos without permission. Apparently taking photos of someone breaking into your house or car is different though.

Hope the knees cope this week, LMH. And it definitely looks cooler on that side of the country. 28 here again already.

Don: hope you are doing the exercises! Enjoy your holiday and good to keep ticking over early in the morning. 

Benjy: you sound busy as usual! Enjoy!

What: fitness suite, mainly bike again. Then 40 minutes walking. Knee felt fine on waking up as soon as I started to work it knew that walking was going to be my limit.

Why: ticking over. 

Off to cricket shortly with eldest son. Will be sitting in the shade!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Survived my party. I know why I don't do this often.... It's such hard work. But a good time was had by all. We managed to sit outside until the 2nd half of the Russia vs Croatia game. Then I  piled everyone into the lounge as it got too cold outside. The boys watched footie and us girls drank Prosecco. Everyone watched the penalty shooting though.

Missed most of the England game as too busy preparing but very happy they got through.

That's unbelievable, ale.

Nice long run, em apart from that inconsiderate dog owner.

Be careful with those hills, LMH. I mashed my legs pretty badly why hill training. Relax and enjoy your hols.

My head hurts too, Benjy ;)

Hope the achilles is behaving, poppy.

What: 5k in no the midday sun
    Why: no energy left to do more
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: no exercise yesterday but being on my feet for 17 hours must count as xt. I did over 11000 steps and my right foot has a slight plantar fascitis in the making
    Lyrics: no

Friday's lyrics were Ready to run, The Dixie Chicks
  • Sorry you had the run in with the idiot emzap. Weather isn’t bad just not the Harry Boilers I’ve been enjoying. It’s warm enough for another ice cream this afternoon ?

I’m glad you enjoyed your party chicksta.

Lots of walking for me too Alehouse - over nine miles so far today.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Sun not yet seen here today and no longer warm.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    It is boiling here over 32 degrees I am melting!! I want rain!

Sounds a great party Chick:-)

Garmin is fixed after a soft rest.I hope your find your button Ale.

EM: Sorry to hear about that idiot!!

LMH: Enjoy the Ice cream and hope it heats up for you!

Benjy: what a busy time it is for you at the moment.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Poppy here too. I'm dying!
    Hope you haven't melted at the cricket ale.
    Forgot to use my paw paw cream when I went out this morning and the chafingc is bad :(
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Evening! 

Managed to sit in the shade at cricket...and then melted getting back...and some when was cooking.

No chance of finding the Garmin button WP: fell off when walking yesterday. Glad yours is fixed.

Well partied Chick!