Monday 9th July 2018 - I got a job with Stanley, he said I’d come in handy

LMH: Whitby! Yah! Hope you are having a great time.
Welsh: 32 degress, bloomin Nora!

I sombre start to the day here today, quite a relief for work and run, not for holiday though LMH. Yesterday cloud cover, pleasent, 7.5 on cinder track and cliffs. Marathon training starting again Friday.

What: Pleasant 7 or 8 after work

Why: It’s Monday

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Benjy: Is this your first  time starting the lyrics  well done;-) Enjoy your run today I hope it is cooler for you.

What: 7.25 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Sleeping/the heat/run was tough as legs were dead
    Lyrics: Oh yes indeed:-)

I wanted to run 11 miles  but legs they said no so I listened to them they hate the heat as much as i do;-)

Yesterday's lyrics were Raining from the Rocky Musical:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Grey start here too Benjy and a 'high' of 17C forecast! If you start at your end and I at mine we could meet in the middle:-) Mark is planning to cycle to Scarborough and back this morning. Enjoy your run after work.

Happy Birthday Poppy!

emzap - I used the paw paw cream to treat chafing rather than prevent it - Body Glide is good for that.

Hope the rest of you aren't too hot - waft it this way please!

As I said Mark is planning to be out for  a few hours on his mtb so I have a window of opportunity for a longer run though unless I go out and back on the cinder path myself probably not the terrain (and it's supposed to be an easier week) so I think I shall just see if the knees will allow a longer run, probably out to Robin Hood's Bay along the cinder path (and via a new footpath I've found) and back along the Cleveland Way.

What:            easy miles
    Why:             knees/a rest is needed
    Last hard:     everywhere else being hot
    Last rest:      12/6

Lyrics - of course.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Another busy weekend kept me largely offline.
    Saturday was day 3 of coaching course, and working through we finished at 4 to watch the second half.
    Had decided to run home which was just over 8 miles at 5pm in 30c+ temperatures with a backpack.
    I believe they call it character building.
    Sunday was 13 trail but went out at 6:30am, even so it was still muggy and warm by the end. 
    Rest of the day was spent stripping and painting the downstairs cloakroom: it's being refitted this week.

Today - vets league match 4 (Aldershot). I said I'd do the 2k walk again if no-one else wants it. I'm hoping to give the 800 a good go, play in the sand (triple jump) and if I'm still alive, pace a 3k at 4min/k pace to round the evening off.
    Why - it's the league and it's what I do
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - Saturday
    lyric - yes! (I own this on 7" purple vinyl)
    Off to Lanza for a fortnight later this week. I'm not sure how often I'll go online (if at all). The phone tends to go in the safe and get checked once a day for messages...

• On ferry waiting to depart for morning surgery on Rousay.
    May do something later

Slightly brighter day here but will be lucky if if it gets over 15°C.

Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Yesterday

Vague familiarity to lyrics but no

Lots of training going on.

Impressive discipline with phone Dustin ( we just holiday in places with no signal!)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Happy birthday WP!

Lyrics: no

Sounds a tough weekend Dustin: enjoy this evening!

Hot here again! 

What: unsure. Perhaps a walk

Why: visiting friends/relatives, looking for new settees etc. May squeeze a visit to the fitness suite in late afternoon.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all 
    benjy enjoy the pleasant Monday run!!
    Alehouse, have a good day, nice walk and visiting - sounds busy
    oh like you the lyrics are vaguely familiar - have a good day
    dustin, wow that's a lot of disciplines you have going on!
    lmh that all sounds lovely, have a great day
    Poppy happy birthday! nice miles on your birthday!

I had a blooming fall on Friday on the way, home, just after a wood pigeon sh*t on  my head from a tree!!! It stunk so bad I stood and washed my head with my water bottle, carried on running think will that be good luck and crossed the road then flew through the air and hit the ground with my nose, forehead and knees, oh and hands. I was pretty shook up, used the rest of my water bottle to wash my hands and face :-(
    So I only managed a mile Saturday but did do my 10k race Sunday and am so happy I did.  It was great well organised and I took it really easy. I did it in 1.07 and my club mate who was doing the 10 miler finished with me, sprinted me to the finish bless him.  He started 10 mins after me!!! So 57 mins for 10m, wow.

What: only a mile again this morning
    why: feeling a bit jaded today
    last hard: this morning was
    last r est: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Poppy: penblwydd hapus and nice miles. (((Wabo))) ouch. You'll find something Ale and OH Iam sure. Busy as ever Dustin. Benjy: Pleasant in this heat? Enjoy the cinder path and views at the bay LMH.
    Well that was an interesting and liquid weekend. Great conference. Poor old Leamington parkrun became UK's 2nd biggest on Saturday as several coach loads of ambassadors and staff rocked up to give them a record attendance. They handled it very well. It's a nice, well organised event and the route could be very quick when there's less than 700 running round the perimeter of a sports field and golf course. One small incline and a fairly wide path but blisteringly hot. Managed 92/764 in 22.47 and was 5th in age group so happy enough with that, especially as Tintern was still in my legs and clear evidence of DOMS. :-)
    What: TKD
    Why: It's Monday and recovering ready for tomorrow
    Last hard: parkrun Saturday
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Lyrics. Absolutely
  • I like your attitude to the phone whilst on holiday Dustin. Are you planning to run whilst you're away?

Sounds like you enjoyed the weekend SC. The views were amazing though I had to stop to enjoy them - too worried about falling over otherwise!

Hope you haven't done any damage Wabo? Good to hear that you enjoyed your 10k.

I hope you get your walk in Alehouse.

Catching the ferry to work sounds so romantic - though I'm sure that isn't necessarily the case OH!

Perfect running conditions here really and I enjoyed a MLR. Started back along the coast path but there has been a lot of erosion and the path is very uneven, right knee was especially unhappy with any steps and there was no one around (unlike the cinder path which was quite well populated) so I decided that it wasn't very sensible to run back that way and came back via the cinder path too. I think the coast path will have to be a walk.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday poppy :)

Sensible, LMH

Ouch, wabo. Hope it's just superficial damage and dented pride. Bloody pigeon :angry:

Nice weekend, SC

I'm usually on a digital detox diet too when on hols, Dustin. Enjoy your track exploits.

Thanks for starting the thread, Benjy

What: 12.5 miles
    Why: not enough running at the weekend
    Last hard: hot and windy that so it was hard
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: no although purple vinyl makes me think of mid 80s music
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Poor Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH sore nose head and very sore right hand.  Left knee is bruised but luckily above the knee cap! Have no idea how I must have landed.  There is nothing that hurts to run and my back is better lol!!
    Dustin, my oh has told me phones are a no no on our holiday
    sc what a massive turn out for a park run!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wabo oh no hope you feel better soon (though lol for the back, maybe you jarred something back into place!).
    Happy birthday poppy :)
    LMH sounds sensible
    OH interesting commute!

What: running club but will probably run the lanes with a friend rather than do intervals
    Why: 2 races this week.  Droitwich midweek on Wednesday and Timerhonger 10km on Saturday
    Last hard: sleeping.  The burglar alarm went off at 3 am.  I had to go and find out what had set it off then was terrified the bogeyman was in the house all night :(
    Lyrics: nope

27C here although there is cloud cover...

Have a great evening all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening from the fitness suite!

Emz: you may well win on Wednesday....you might be the only person there!

24 here...and dark.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Emz: you may well win on Wednesday....you might be the only person there!

:smiley:

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    That is indeed our plan!
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Welsh: Happy Birthday! Cracking! (Second time for lyrics, it was a while ago now but it was a Smiths anthem that time). Can tell LMH is away.

LMH: Blimey it seems strange to hear my well known areas talked about as possible run sites here. Just picked up your message, this morning was a hurried out before work post. I wouldn't have been able to tonight, I had to squeeze run in quick, daughters school open evening, then another school art exhibition to visit. If you are still around Wednesday daytime I'm free daytime to head up to ravenscar or Bay, but don't worry or feel obliged if you have things on.

Dustin: Purple vinyl, interesting that as I have one of there more well known 'hits' on pink vinyl from years ago, just don't have a record player anymore.

Wabo: Bloody hell! that is a right carry on, it is supposed to be lucky they say, but clearly not. Hope you are ok.

Emz: Two races that's great, but you are not having much luck with sleeping, neighbours partying and then burglar alarms.

Chicksta: 12.5 miles, great going in heat, hmmm... I've got to start upping my miles again now....

SC: Hey now that's great to get that ranking, enjoy the DOMS, a reminder it went well.

Tiptop chaps, sorry was brief this morning had to get out the door