Morning
Lyrics - I read the news today oh boy 

What: rest
Why: been running/will run hard this week
Last hard: last night though it was meant to be easy 

Have a great day

Comments

• BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    (Added today's comments to yesterday's last night)

Emz: Enjoy rest, well deserved, (just pipped me to today's lyrics)

Yesterday's lyrics: Squeeze - Up the Junction

What: Gym after school drop off, then TKD tonight
    Why:'Werkin from home, leg rest day
    Lyrics: Classic

Have a good one chaps

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Morning!

Just beat me to the lyrics too...and today's are indeed a classic. 

What: Pilates type session

Why: Tuesday. Needs to be done before the "other" semi-final. Work first though.

Cooler here this morning...but unlikely to last long.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

No worries Benjy - your life does seem to be particularly hectic at the moment.

Hope you had a better night emzap?

Any progress with your knee Alehouse.

A chilly, grey, breezy start to the day here and not forecast to get much better. I thought that Mark was going to run with me this morning but he's decided he'd rather ride his bike again so another solo expedition. I think I might risk a short section of the coastal path, the bit that runs in to Whitby Abbey from a mile or two out as I expect that to be the best maintained and populated then it will probably be a descent of the 199 steps (walking) and over the swing bridge, up the Kyber Pass and a repeat of Sunday's route though this may change once I'm out and see where the prevailing wind is.

What:             short but hilly
    Why:               I'm in Whitby
    Last hard:       shorter, hilly runs are harder than my usual mileage
    Last rest:        12/6

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
    LMH: LMH the hills have hills round here.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Hope Wabo is OK after the fall.
    Benjy - cool for cats on pink vinyl? I have that too.
    LmH - plan to run every day on holiday. Mileage will be lower, but effort greater: hills, heat and terrain. 

What - club session, short hills, 
    Why - I'm coaching
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - last night probably. Vets league, scorer in the 2k walk, lopping 5s off my early season PB. 20 minutes later I'm in the 800m. Team manager names me as the v50 scorer, and apart from the other 7 clubs, I have 3 of my club mates chasing me to justify my selection. Surprised to be 3rd/4th along the back straight but feel comfortable through halfway (75s). Try to keep momentum but as anyone who has ever run the half mile will know, legs start to feel it around 200 to go, A couple of guys come up alongside going into the home straight and had slightly more left than I did. Manage to keep in touch and comfortably finish 3-4s ahead of my club mates in 2:33 and justifying the manager's faith in me...
    Absolutely wiped me out. Missed the triple jump (started during the 800s) and missed the 3k as the prospect of running after the 8 held no appeal whatsoever. I can't believe that at the age of 51 I finally make a sensible (running) decision. 

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Thanks for Birthday Wishes yesterday:-) I was hoping to be whisked away to Iceland as they are having worst summer ever but sadly not so I had to swelter back in Wales!

Looks like many takers for starting thread today well raced Em;-)

Benjy: What a great song your chose yesterday.I have a record player you can get them still and I love listening to records.
    Enjoy TKD:-)

LMH 199 steps WOW that will be some run  today I hope your knees behave and you enjoy:-)

Ale:I hope there is news on your knees/back etc soon.

What: 4.65 miles
    Why: All i could manage in the heat
    Last hard : Today
    Lyrics: Yes a pure classic song

I got up as usual but felt ill it is the heat and lack of sleep so no choice back to bed so it was late by the time I got up and thought rest day as feeling queasy.But I rather try a run but it was way too hot for me:-( Miles in the bank so job done:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    dustin I'm ok, tough old gal!! I'm loving your sensible head,comes to us all at some point... 800 oh man!!
    emzap enjoy the rest day
    benjy you too and the tkd
    alehouse enjoy your pilates!
    LMH it was a lot cooler this morning, enjoy the hills
    lyrics yes
    I ran to station this morning and saw the pavement where I fell, I took photos I am not surprised I fell!!

What: 3.9 miles commute 
    why: I want to cycle back home later
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    poppy! I forgot you.. hope you get your wish one day  
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Wabo just a thought if pavement so bad worth aletter to council? Sorry about your fall:-(
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Poppy I did think that when I took the photos, I'm going to check which council it is then get in touch
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Cool and breezy here. Trying to send something your way, poppy.

Wabo: Deffo write to the counsel and sue them for compensation :)

LMH: LMH the hills have hills round here.

That made me laugh out loud :D

LMH: Hope you managed a run without challenging those knees too much. Blimey, 199 steps!!

Talking of knees: Any improvement, ale?

Impressive 800 time, Dustin. No wonder you were cream-crackered afterwards.

What: 8.5 miles
    Why: wet and windy morning but I liked it. Would have done more but decided to be sensible after having done a medium long run only yesterday
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: yes

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I have just emailed the Councillor regarding the pavement with photos etc.  See what he says!!
  • What: domesticity and a pool swim
    Needs must and summer now over here :(
     (yes - no need to go as far as Iceland WP - drizzle and 13°C high yesterday, much the same today)
    Last hard: Saturday (kayaking)
    Last "couch potato" rest: yesterday.
    Lyrics: yes of course

• Dustin - sounds like my holiday running here - about from the heat  :) Nice racing last night.

Sorry to hear you're still feeling poorly Poppy.

Too true Benjy - and I'm a real flatlander - though I've been pleased with my performance on the hills as I don't usually run any (purely because of the naff knees and orthopods advice of course................)

More delicious baking OH?

chicksta - I used my knees as an excuse to walk the steepest ups and downs.

Wabo - good to see you managing more than the minimum mile. How is Jodie doing?

My run wasn't quite as planned this morning - I do love to explore and having had a good look at the OS map before setting off I ran some footpaths I hadn't previously and eventually popped out in Hawsker Bottom where I had to take a minute to orientate myself. Headed for the sea and was tempted by the prospect of an easy run back along the cinder path when I crossed it but eschewed that in favour of the coastal path - straight into a headwind. As mentioned above I walked the worst of the ups and downs (safety and knee preservation), was nearly blown over by a gust at the top of one of the steepest set of steps down which was quite er, exhilarating, great fun and eventually popped out by the Abbey having run eight miles so I walked down the steps and home from there. Once I had got clean and had second breakfast Mark and I headed out for a walk along the beach to Sandsend and back along the road (as the tide had come in too far to walk back along the beach) and home for a late lunch - twelve miles walked so far today.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
    Dustin: Certainly is Cool For Cats! Great report.

Wabo: Good call to send some form of complaint in