Wednesday, 11 July 2018 - One fine day I'm gonna be the one

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning :)

Today's lyrics: One fine day I'm gonna be the one
To make you understand

Sounds wild at the coast, LMH. Don't get blown off those cliffs!

Looks like more rain out there. I guess nature needs it but I'd rather not get too wet :)

Comments

• BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Chicksta: Those lyrics are so familiar, but I have to go with no, 'tis the rules

What: Meeting a sub3 marathon runner for a run this morning, fingers crossed my Scottie dog legs can keep up. Distance unkown at this point

Why: Well it seems like a good idea

Its murky here (got to say murky in a pirates voice), overcast and muggy but cool air if there is such a thing(?!). I've either developed hayfever late in life after many decades or have a Summer cold.

Have a top day chaps.

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

OH: Can i come to stay  if your weather is so cold just what I need...LOL

Chick: Do you have heavy rain?

Benjy: I am sure the sub 3 hour marathoner will run at your pace as she is not used to hills;-)Enjoy your run together

Wabo: any updates form your council as yet?

What:  8.1 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Yesterday and the heat and lack of sleep
    Lyrics: Yes

I felt a lot better than yesterday thank goodness  mind you don't think legs are keen on the early starts;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Hope the weather isn't too bad for you chicksta. It's not bad here really the wind was just gusting a bit when I was exposed on the top of the cliffs, it turned into a pleasant day for walking.

Grey here but less wind than yesterday, positively chilly by my standards but then I'm a wuss  :)

Quite possible to develop hayfever as an adult Benjy, hop you haven't though - more annoying than a summer cold. I'm sure you'll have a good run  :)

What:           easy miles/running with company
    Why:            easy is the way to go/makes a pleasant change
    Last hard:    not having an ice cream yesterday (too cold in the afternoon)
    Last rest:     12/6

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Morning!

Lyrics: wish I could!

What: perhaps a walk

Why: knee not ready for running. Fine in a straight line but twists and turns can be uncomfortable. Wouldn't cope with coming down the 199 steps from Whitby Abbey. 

Enjoy the run, those running together! Another mid-20s day here.

C'mon England!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    What - easy running at lunchtime, coaching at 6, England winning at 7
    Why - recovery, routine, amazed
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - Yesterday: club session of long hill reps 600m with 200 easy down recovery x6
    Found it a bit of a struggle after Monday's track
    lyric - nagging away, but not obviously apparent as yet
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    You all know today's lyrics. It's the third line as the others would have given the title away :-)

That's a lot of hard sessions in a short space of time, Dustin. No wonder it was a bit of a struggle.

LMH: if ice cream is a no-no it must be really cold! And yes, we have torrential rain :(

Benjy: Lots of people at work have colds at the moment. I wonder if some summer bug is making the rounds.

Ale: Sorry to hear about the knee. When are you expecting the scan results?

So my run was something else... I started in a mild drizzle which soon turned into a massive downpour. But it was 17 degrees and only slightly windy so I kind of enjoyed this although it was more a swim than a run. There was a dry spell of about half an hour but then the heavens opened again.

What: MLR
    Why: was up for it despite the inclement weather
    Last hard: seeing the Red Devils lose last night - they were my favourite underdogs.
    Last rest: 21/6
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds a fun run, Chick! Not had scan results yet because not had a scan yet! Keep thinking it will get better and only pay for a scan when necessary! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Ale: That is really frustrating, I sympathise so much with the knee issue, I know when I had something similar two years ago  I made it up in my head it'll be ok, if I run in straight lines (like a Tron lightcycle) only to end up setting myself painfully back and worsening the situation.

Dustin: A compacted set of events there, I'd be knackered. And yes 7PM will be victorious.

Chicksta: I love it when the weather is kicking off, that sounds like an ideal run for me. If you can see an Ark with loads of noisy animals heading in my direction, that to me says "This is a top run".

Welsh: Good going, don't worry it will t-shirt and shorts weather soon (Oct/Nov/Dec), I'm with you on the heat, but then my ideal is a log cabin on the Artic Circle.

LMH: Thanks so much for the run, it was so great to meet up and a lovely morning out. Just so everyone else is aware LMH had a short easy run, I had a medium fast run, seriously though thanks again.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Glad the meet up went well! Shame I couldn't join you. 

Walked around 5k and briefly tried to jog...30 metres was enough to tell me that the knee is not ready to run. Just emailed physio about a scan.
  • I really enjoyed the company and the run Benjy - thanks for making the time.

Sorry to hear that Alehouse.

Sounds like a fun run chicksta.

Hope you kept it easy Dustin.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    like benjy the lyrics are familiar, tip of tongue but no
    alehouse sorry to hear about the knee
    benjy and lmh that sounds great
    wp, the email bounced back! I'll look into it again, but not today my head is all over the place - nice miles by you btw!
    chick sort of sounds an amazing run!

what: leaving work shortly so I think a very short run round my neighbourhood then shower and get ready for a certain game, so nervous
    why: didn't manage it this morning 
    last hard: yesterday bike part way home
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day and evening all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    C'mon England!! Can't wait. Just necked my first beer ;)
  • Am I the only one who won't be watching?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Go Emz! Make sure you win!!! If you are quick you might catch the end of the match! Droitwich 10k for Emz tonight. Meant to wish her all the best.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all, watching the football and getting nervous

getting odd runs in here and there, intervals tonight (8 x 2 mins), Frome Half will be interesting on Sunday :-)

Work continues in Cardiff and have been given a 3 month extention....

Take care all
  • Sea swim then 400m intervals at track session
    lyrics familiar but no

hope knee gets sorted soon AH