working at it slowly

Comments

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

Yums, I am glad that your Ma is OK, and that you nursed her through pa's birthday. Also hope that NYL  nursed you through the whole thing!

Lovely photos Pods.

Crikey Daffs, you is well fast!

Not much happening here, MS playing lots of bowls and bridge, I am singing twice a week. Wednesday group do slightly older stuff, Tuesday group more modern. Mind you, anything post 1800 is 'modern' to me! 
  • LOL Pippi at winning 5-5 :D 

Sadly no, I sooooo wish that was the view from my office...........I've pinned it up on my office wall though to remind myself that I bite my tongue on a daily basis in order to stay in this job and be able to go to places like the photo!! 
  • YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Hello WAISTer chums.

Daffy, how lovely to see you. Even better to hear you're running faster that when you were 'training .perhaps that's where I'm going wrong.  We're the hungry cows chasing you when you made your record breaking run :-) 

Welcome home, Podds. Love the pictures. We're you chief bag carrier? 

Pippi, gotta love the positive outlook of that lad. great you had a good result too.   England don't appear to need your skill yet...

Too hot for running so been getting up at stupid o'clock to run before work. An additional benefit is it does improve my mood at work.  No2 came home fr9m his police specials training today with his uniform. He put his helmet on (Apparently it's called a custodian) and I laughed because all I saw was him as a pre schooler in the dressing up box. 
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Well done Mini2! I a am sure you told him how proud you are of him after you stopped laughing :)
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Afters

Sorry for recent absence - have had the big O at another school. It was challenging and frustrating but ultimately positive. 

Yay to mini Yums and his custodian - it does appear that policemen are getting younger!!??

Nice view Podds

Glad to see your hard work with the team meant it didn't result in penalties this weekend Pippi (I hate football by the way)

Maybe I should attempt your training plan Daffers - oh I did - it didn't work for me - no training means I am getting slower every year!

I am off on holiday this Thursday - we are leaving XFC home alone for a little over two weeks. I may need emergency accommodation when I return - offers on a postcard please!!

Hope you all have a glorious couple of weeks and get all sorts of PBs and lovely surprises and things
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Plenty of room for camping here DL, welcome to stay as long as you like, especially if you're willing to wield a shovel! :D 

Week 3 Day 1 of the couch to 5k today! I really need a new route - this one goes up over the moors on a 4x4 rutted track so you either have to run in the rut (full of stones and quite narrow) or on the ridge (long grass and also quite narrow). High risk of ankle breaking...

Also my first 3 min segment (uphill on said track) had a pace of 13.45mm - the last one (downhill on smooth road) I did 8.05mm... :D 

Anyway, in a fit of Daffy-style optimism and over-ambition I may be about to enter a (kind of) ultra... :D 
  • Have a lovely holiday DL - please say you're not coming to Margate though as usually after a spell of bad weather you announce you've been here!! :D:D 

I too hate football - I really hate this jump on the bandwagon type of support where suddenly everyone's a fan.........which will last precisely as long as their winning does............

I and a few friends are going out to eat this evening to avoid the match - however there are only half the number who were originally booked to come which I actually find quite rude....talking of which best I amend my booking with the pub!!
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    I'm avoiding it too. I was going to go for a ride as I did during the last match, but I woke up this morning with the room going round! It improved, but I still feel I don't need to make any sudden movements. I've been taking an anti-histamine tablet for an inflamed bite (which has improved) so I wonder if it is a side effect? I'm not risking a bike ride though ...
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    (((Pippi))) sorry you are unwell :(

As most of you know, I detest football and have avoided all matches. At least we won't have to watch the final!
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Is it not coming home then?
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Hope you feel better Pippi

The reason Britain is basking in an unforeseen heatwave is because for the first time in years we decided not to camp. You should be looking for storms in America over the next couple of weeks   We pick up a tent on Sunday!

• Ooh that doesn't sound good Pippi - deffo need to avoid the bike if you're dizzy already off it.  Hope you are feeling better today :)

Oh DL - what has the good old US of A ever done to you??

• Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    No anti histamine tablet last night, felt much better today. Seems like there could be a link. Next time they say try taking half twice a day, rather than one once a day. 
    Gutted - I was beaten in the teachers egg and spoon race ... by teachers young enough to be my children ...
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you are feeling better today Pippi. If half a tablet, twice a day, does not solve the problem you might find you will be better with a change of formulation. There are several common basic ingredients and, although they are all quite similar, some people do react differently to them.
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    Trump/DL ... Fair exchange? Come back DL!
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Pippi LS said:
    Trump/DL ... Fair exchange? Come back DL!
    Absolutely! 
  • YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Lol at trump in exchange for DL!

Hope you're feeling better pippi. Oddly enough a chum used to take a form of anti histamine for her vertigo.  Either that or have milk in your nightcap rather than whisky.  :-)

How rude indeed to drop out to watch the footie, Podds. How are tom and badger this hot weather? I know you'll be loving it.

Oh DL, I hope America is ready for your  and OH adventures. Where are you going? You do know their weather can be far more extreme than ours. As for XFC home alone...youvevseen the film's haven't you?

Daffy, your route definitely needs improving as you don't want to risk breaking your ankle. An ultra you say? I think your couch to 5k training plan must have stuck to a page from someone's ultra plan. Which one? 

*waves to sluggy*  how are you and your lovely pussies?

Same old thing here mother, work and running when I have time/can be arsed/ not too hot.  Read my pension statement. How depressing. Working until 67 for me unless I win the lottery. Gawd knows how our kids will manage. 
    Mini no 2 has his attestation for the specials early August. 3 people can go so he's inviting his dad. Joy. No doubt it will be one of the few occasions he will make himself available to the minis * rolls eyes *

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    *waves back at Yummy*

We are fine thanks. Sky was poorly yesterday and I was worried this might be a recurrence of whatever she had last year :( However, she seems back to normal today, eating and coming for cuddles :)

My choir are doing the round of the local carnivals, it is the last one today. The problem is that we have to arrive very early to avoid the road closures for the parades - but have been told we can detour and get through today. It was like a sauna on the stage 2 weeks ago, hoping a bit cooler today!
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    ps Sorry that you will have a nasty smell of fish under your nose at the attestation - but you must be incredibly proud of the min!
  • Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Afternoon Waisterinos :) 

DL, don't you go creating havoc in America as well now. Do wave to XB while you're over there! (of course, you might be further apart than you would be if one of you was here...)

((((dizzy, sniffly, hot and bothery waisters))))))))))) 

Couch to 5k still going strong - this is possibly the first time I've stuck to a training plan in my life :D Week 4 day 1 today, a new route avoiding rutted tracks but sadly not avoiding hills... Apparently I gained 181ft in this morning's run, and in a cruel twist of fate there WAS actually more *up* than *down*, as I had a set workout plumbed into the watch, and it finished before I did the last downhill stretch home. Grr. 

Still, I ran all the run bits (not super speedy this time, ranged from 10.04mm to 11.27mm) but not too bad for me on hills.

Ultra is entered :D God I'm an idiot :D It's the sunrise to sunset challenge, so out and back trips of 9.4 miles (4.7 each way) until you fall over from sunset at 4.16pm to sunrise at 7.30 or something. I reckon even I can do four of those given 15 hours!! Could even have a nap in the middle!! But even doing three would technically be an ultra so we'll aim for 3 with a not-so-secret aim of four and see how we get on :D 

Anyone fancy joining us?! Running through the night in the middle of November?! It's off road and flat!

http://codrc.co.uk/sunset-to-sunrise-challenge/
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    Oh, Daffs, that's my bath night ...  :'(
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Sorry Daffs, that just happens to be when we are away with SB! Thank dog!
  • Morning All

The end is in sight - what a blessing.........and then Mother Podds descends on my next week now she's back driving again.........

Tom and Badger are ok thanks Yums - only having 1 shorter walk in the morning and thankfully our house can be kept quite cool.  Poor old Elvis would really have hated it though.....he never could tolerate temps over 20C bless him

Good singing Sluggie

And bring back DL............please...............
  • hello my lovelies

back into work today. we had a lovely week in cor-phew! and then I was working at a different office for a couple of days. came back to the news that my boss is leaving, I'm not his greatest fan but better the devil you now and all that...

Mr FF is plodding about on his walking boot - we were in a quiet place on holiday so we hired a scooter for the week - it was fab and meant we could visit some lovely beaches and have some nice luches out :)

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Welcome home Jenni :)
  • mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭
    hi all

sorry, not going to manage to catch up

broken up for the summer - hurrah!

unfortunately mum has gone downhill quite rapidly, the cancer has spread everywhere including lungs and brain. We have had an awful time in the last week where she collapsed on the stairs and we had to call the ambulance, in a& e they thought maybe she had had a stroke but a scan revealed a cancerous mass in the brain - I really thought she was going to die that night it was awful. She is home now, on steroids and anti-epilepsy meds to control symptoms. She isn't allowed upstairs so we have had to make up a bedroom downstairs - luckily they have a downstairs loo. I have been struggling to accept it all, although she basically seems to have accepted it and is busy making arrangements etc. Managed to get her in to Nottingham today for a family meal that she was determined to go to. She really enjoyed it. 

I am hoping to get to Outlaw next week to do the big swim and the bike feedstation. 
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Mc, I am sorry that your mum is so poorly. Such a difficult time for you all :(
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    Oh dear MC, what awful news. I suppose it is good at least that you have broken up so have time to be with her and also time for yourself. Thinking of you. 
  • YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Good morning good WAISTer folk. 

((((((MC)))))) Sorry to hear that your mum has deteriorated so significantly. It sounds very difficult  for you all and hard to come to terms with. I love your muns determination to get out for the family meal and lovely she enjoyed it. 

Daffy you are definitely potty. Timed ultras are good as you can stop/go to your own ability but in darkness in November? I'm struggling to see the attraction :-) 

Lol at it being pippi's bath night. :-)

JFF I have this image of Mr FF on his scooter and his boot. It sounds as though you it was just what you needed. I hope your new boss is better than your current one and you manage a better work life balance. 

Sluggy you must have posh carnivals on Dorset. I've never heard of a choir performing at a carnival. I think it's a lovely idea. It must be pretty unpleasant in this heat if the stage isn't shaded. I saw a car with Emess services on it the other day. I couldn't quite work out what he offered. 

It's fab you can keep your house relatively cool, Podds.  Yesterday evening a large mastiff plonked himself down across the road and wouldn't move for about 15 minutes. I took a bowl of water out and made a fuss of him. Boss is 11 and very sweet. He only moved when another dog came along. Now school is out I bet you're more relaxed? Fair skipping into work?

I'm off work this week which is a blessing as I am not enjoying it on loan. I am so bored. I had lots of straightening the house plans but they'll need to be reviewed in light of the heat. Mother is...fine but always moans about the small kitchen in her apartment and how hot it is. Neither of which I can do much about.  I am indeed very proud of both of the minis. No2 has gone from being the brawling/ swearing at teacher type to joining the Specials and being responsible for air passenger safety. No1 still struggles but he seems to be doing ok with Tesco and he definitely works hard and he's such a gentle, innocent young man