Will update with race report later 

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes 

What: fitness suite this evening

Why: knee limits training, as does work

Looking forward to the report, Emz! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Now then chaps

Emz: Hope it went well esterday evening

What: Going to do an hour gym session after school drop off

Why: Before I start 'werkin, got a 14 miler tomorrow so want to rest legs

Lyrcis: Certainly do
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Em: I hope the race went well and look forward to report.

Benjy: Enjoy the gym today and glad you had a good run yesterday;-)

What: 7.11 miles
    Why: Because that was all the legs wanted to run
    Last hard: Today's run infact all week has been hard
    Lyric: Yes indeed I do

All runs this week have been tough legs heavy and tired so not done as many miles as I would like but hey ho miles in the bank:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Hope you had a good one emzap.

Not too long until you break up now Alehouse?

Sounds sensible Benjy. We are thinking of driving out to RHB again later and walking the coast path that I didn't dare to try to run on yesterday. I think my knees will manage the walk down to the Bay..........

I get weeks that feel like that Poppy, keeping on keeping on is the best thing to do.

What:           easy miles
    Why:            I'm on holiday
    Last hard:    choosing my ice cream flavours yesterday
    Last rest:     12/6

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: completion on sale of my father's house ending 62y of occupation by the Fay family.
    Why: the cycle of life goes on
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics yes

Activities today as yet undecided
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

That does sound a bit sad, OH  :'(

Feeling a bit sorry for England but hey, it's a game.

Poppy: What LMH said. An I'm sure you'll feel loads better when this heat is gone.

Looking forward to your race report, em. Hope it went well.

Has the weather improved, LMH?

What: 5 mile recovery
    Why: did MLR yesterday
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: yes

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's lyrics were Keep on running, The Spencer Davis Group
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning again

Chick that's what I needed yesterday!

Tuesday's lyrics were Beatles A Day in the Life

So Droitwich 10km yesterday.  Got there just over an hour before it started as I knew it was a 20 min walk to the start from the registration and I needed to register still.  Last race in the series we'd pushed it by getting there an hour before so decided to leave a bit more time.   Registered (there was no one there!) and drank some water.  Although no sun it was still pushing 27C so knew I needed to hydrate.

Walked to the start.  I reckon there were maybe 100 runners there.  Many fewer than other races in the series.  Was one of 2 females in my club.

It's a road race with many undulations making for a beautiful if slightly challenging course (I'm sure I'll repeat this statement on Saturday when I have my next 10km road race).  The humidity was getting to me from the walk to the start.  

Race starts with a gentle downhill, and is on the country roads.  Out and back course with a 4 km loop at one end.  Normally I'm a similar pace to my club mate, but she exploded out the start and I couldn't catch her, even on the downhills where I'm normally flying.  As soon as I realised my legs weren't working downhill, I knew the 16 miler from Sunday was still in my legs so tried to ease off a bit.  Decided then to bin my sub 50 attempt and go for a sub 55 instead.  First km in 4:54, knew I could slow down a bit more.  2nd km in 5:01, that's a bit better, though as there was quite a hill in that km surprising.  just before km 3 there was a water station.  I took some as I knew I'd need it before I got back round the loop.  3 km 5:01.  At 3.85 km there was a marshall who told me "nearly half way".  Did not help as was flagging by now, my legs had turned to jelly.  Tried to keep up the pace telling myself that I had a km to go till halfway.  At this point the scenery helped me, there was a section along the canal and some beautiful lakes, and the houses, wow, they were incredibly beautiful!  4km 5:07.  If I kept this up, I'd go through 5km in 26 min or so, and be well on for the sub 55.  Big hill before the 5 km mark saw that km slip to 5:47 as I had to walk up some of the hill.  My legs just weren't playing and I knew I'd be better off pushing downhill and flat than uphills.  Knew I only had 2 km till I was back at the water, so tried to push, but this bit was mostly uphill so was struggling a lot.  Managed not to walk again until until 6km (5:32), then a huge hill to 7 km (5.43) and finally water.  Took a quick sip and carried on pushing with my lead weights attached to my feet. Pretty much downhill (figuratively not literally) from there.  The undulating section on the way out had definitely more ups than downs leading to next splits of 5:47 and 5:52.  Finally with 1km to go I tried to push on and just couldn't do it until I saw the final hill, where I put everything into it for a 4:31 final km and a finish of just over 53 min.  Was very pleased with the time considering the course, heat and the non-ideal prep.  Now have to hope my legs recover for Saturday which is an even hillier course!

Definitely gave it my all yesterday as really struggling today.  Nice to know that I couldn't have pushed more though.

OH that's sad.  But good it's finally sorted I guess.

Have a lovely day all.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics yes, I wish I could say I move too fast ha ha 
    emzap wow well battled, great report. On to the next one then!
    Chick hope your 5 mile recovery goes well
    ale enjoy t he fitness suite
    Benjy have a good gym sesh!
    LMH that all sounds wonderful, especially the ice cream
    OH i agree it sounds sad, but necessary i guess
    WP my legs feel like that with only 2 miles, nice miles you do
    Can't talk about the football except to say I have so enjoyed it!
    What: 2 miles done before work
    why: its all I fancied
    last hard: that was
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Emz: Good report and well toughed out.
    OH: Sad/tough day.
    Nice and early Wabo and I too enjoyed the football. I'd hate to be either team on Saturday playing for 3rd place. I'd just want to go home!
    LMH: Two breakfasts and lunch yesterday..great effort. Ale/Benjy..enjoy the gym
    AWOL because: Tuesday burpday so wee celebration. Born in 59 and was 59 etc. etc.
    Wednesday had to go to Bala instead of today as today was cardio review:
    Fittest peron he knows...blah, blah, shouldn't be me etc...aorta stable, less worried about that than SVT/Bradycardia (When it goes too slow) probably need a pacemaker at some stage...carry on doing what your doing until it gets too much...see you next year.  I'll take that
    What: Short and easy
    Why: celebrate being allowed to for another year :-)
    Last hard: Waiting to see cardio this morning
    Last Rest: Yesterday I think
    Lyrics...oh yes
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    SC:Belated Happy Birthday for Tuesday I hope you had a great day! 59 and born in 59 same as Alun although his birthday is November:-)
    But Great news you are able to run for another year -YAY worth celebrating:-)

OH: Oh that is so sad:-(

Em: Great report and well toughed out:-)
    Chick nice mileage how is training going for Berlin?

Wabo:Well done on your miles this morning always hard in the heat or legs do not want to play ball:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

SC belated birthday, that is great news for you I bet you are the fittest lol! 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    6k dnd in 36 and it was a tad warm. Nice and gentle, slow and happy. No music, just the sounds of nature and breathing and the helicopter and the fire engines putting out the fire on the hill above the factory :-)

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Great report, em and well toughed out. That was a mega-fast last k!

Happy belated birthday, SC. Another year of running is a great birthday present! Run sounds romantic ;)

Training is going well, poppy. Thanks for asking. Week 3 of a 12 week plan which I'm making up as I go along. I'm too crocked to stick to rigid plans so doing what my body allows me seems to work. Hoping to match (or better) my 2008 Berlin time which was 3:54. Actually, a 3:45 would be sweet :D

I'm not going to get anywhere near my 2013 PB again (3:24) but that's OK.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    look at this guys, reply from councillor

Although I do not represent the Woodford area I used to live in Horn Lane so I know the area around the Castle well. I am forwarding this to the Highways Team so this area can be inspected and dangerous trips repaired.

ICW Highways

Please inspect the area of footway in High Road Woodford Green alongside the houses close to the Castle. Please repair any dangerous trip hazards. Please inform me and Ms Watson of the repairs carried out. Please inform Ms Watson as to how she should go about making a claim should she need to do so.

Thank you in advance.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    how good is that?  If you ever need to do contact councillors.  It seems to work!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Good result Wabo!
    SC good news :)
  • Belated Happy Birthday SC - sounds like as good news as it could be on the cardio front.

Hope you recover well emzap.

That is a good response Wabo.

End of an era OH.

chicksta - I find that listening to my body and doing what I can works well - I hope you surprise yourself in Berlin. It's not been very warm today - high of 17C but it's been still and dry apart from a little bit of mizzle. Good running and walking weather which we've made the most of with a walk to a seal colony this afternoon - lovely to see them bobbing around in the water and basking on the rocks. It's come out really bright now - but that's good as we will soon be walking into town as we're going out for dinner this evening.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

24 or 25 here most of the day...and it rained for around ten minutes not long ago. Not seen that for a while!

Happy Unbirthday, SC! We must note down 10th July 2019! And if the consultant is fairly happy then you must be as well!

Great report, Emz! Surprised there were more than just the two of you!

Remember the good times at Cavendish, OH!

Seems a good reaction from the councillor, Wabo

re breaking up, LMH, the school finishes a week tomorrow, but how much work they want me to do next week is uncertain. Enjoy your remaining time in Whitby!

You are now an experienced runner, Chick, and am sure that you will listen to your body rather than be a slave to a particular programme. I think that the key to success is progressive consistent consistency, with an increasingly long run and an increasingly long medium length run...but you know that anyway! And cut back weeks too!

Looking forward to your half marathon report this coming weekend, RFJ!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.