Options

Monday 16th July 2018 - You're so fragile tonight

Morning.

Lyrics - You're so fragile tonight

Sorry your race didn't go to plan RFJ. Hope you can get sorted quickly. I remember your daughter qualifying - can't believe she's a sister already!

Hope you can get the scan sorted soon Alehouse. 

Another lovely warm morning here but both my knees are a bit tweaky so I shall have to see how they are after walking Grace and decide what to do from there.

What:           hopefully a short and easy run
Why:            I'd like to
Last hard:    yesterday's run was harder than it should have been
Last rest:     12/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Lost by Coldplay.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: walk or rest

Why: fitness suite closed and forecast is for a wet day
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Still struggling with my heel niggle, no better, no worse.  Just a pain.  One minute I decide to take 2 weeks off, the next I want to run.  Yesterday I was adamant I was taking the time off.

Anyway, ran 6 miles this morning, quite fast (7:17 average pace) and now icing the area, as usual!! 

Will catch up on the weekends reports now. Lyrics, nope.

• Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Need a bigger bench. RfJ joining the motley crew. Ouch, but sensible decision. Great report and outcome Emz.
    Weekend away in West Wales really nice. Good course at Haverfordwest parkrun. Was heading for an sb but for some reason had a timeout and 8 min 4th K before a 4.08 5thK ending in 25.37. 30/91 4th in age category. But for the blip would have had a top 10 in theory. I'll take it given the alternative but so frustrating s no rhyme or reason. Ho hum. Cracking weather, lots of nice walking, food and drink. Up early to drive back to toil and here we are.
    Enjoy the stroll Ale. Are we stubborn Donaldo? LMH, I think your short and easy is my long and tough! Enjoy too.
    What: Short and steady
    Why: Sensible head and tkd tonight
    Last Hard: Stopping Sat
    Last Rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: Nope
  • Options
    I sense your frustration SC and think you do remarkably well to manage the condition as you do. I'm glad you had a good weekend.

What do you think it is Donaldo?

Hope your knee behaves and you enjoy the walk Alehouse - hot and dry here again today.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Very annoying indeed, SC. Still, a good PR time and you held things together well.

Don: Frustrating. Time to consult a physio or pod?

Hot an dry here too LMH/ale

What: an hour in the gym
    Why: being sensible after lots of miles last week
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: no

• Options
    Nothing so far. Feeling lazy!
    Lots of injured people on here - recover soon ...
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    chicksta enjoy the gym agree about sleeping
    sc sorry to hear that - take it easy
    donaldo how frustration for you!!
    alehouse, goodness it isnt going to be wet here, I don't think. Have a good day
    LMH have  agood short and easy

I feel I hardly slept last night, feel rubbish today!

what: 3 miles later then coffee with a buddy
    why: catch up
    last hard: saturdays 5 miler, dreadful
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Emz: Great report yesterday, loads of hills, sounds a challenge, well done

Chicksta: Great 22 yesterday also, sounds like a real challenge there with the heat and anticipation. You will do fine though

LMH: Back in the saddle now, your routine can continue, hope those knees played well today

Don: I know exactly where you are coming from, “I will get out for a run” even if a giant ACME Anvil was hanging over head waiting to fall from a fraying rope.

RFJ: Sorry to hear it didn’t go as intended, hope things pick up

Ale: Walk is better than nothing at the moment

SC: To echo LMH, with everything you have been and are contending with you are doing ace!

OH: Feeling lazy! And why not?, you have put a year effort in just one month

Wabo: Bless you! Hope you get a decent kip tonight

Just got back from work, can’t get out until later on, so it will be a nice North Bay to South Bay and back and forth tonight about 7ish when has cooled down. Might give a listen to new Johnny Marr album as my normal Radio 2 schedule goes a bit wrong then.

What: Steady sightseeing run, not sure how long, see how it goes

Why: Normal schedule knocked out

Last Hard: Having a wibbly-wobbly-wobbler on Saturday, when stubbornness prevented sensibility

Lyrics: Sounds familiar, but if it was hook-a-duck there would be no prize for me
  • Options
    Enjoy coffee and catch up Wabo.

Jo and Simon go on until 2000hrs today Benjy. Knees are holding but aren't good - I have physio on Thursday so I'm hoping they'll keep playing until then and that she can ease them a little.

Any races on the horizon OH?

Hope you sleep better tonight chicksta.
  • Options
    What: another 3 hours path strimming on St Magnus Way
    Why: needs must
    Last hard: strimming is quite hard
    Lyrics no

Stromness 10k on Saturday LMH

Johnny Marr went to my school albeit a few years below me.