Monday 23rd July 2018 - I play out my role

Morning.

Lyrics - I play out my role

Yesterday's lyrics - Breathless by William Prince.

It's hot already here this morning and we're forecast to hit 28C, it's going to be a warm one this week if the Met Office are correct.

What:           short and easy/lunch with P
Why:            ran long yesterday/he wants to talk about what went wrong
Last hard:    I'm not doing hard
Last rest:     12/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yesterday's lyrics, far too modern for me, I think... If I just think for a minute... I think I may be becoming an adult. My goodness my parents will be pleased.

Broken cloud here, awful hot and muggy. In work today,not working from home, will be hot in the office.

What: 7 after work around north and south bays

Why: Squeeze it in after work and before teatime, (then taking daughters for a walk and chippy tea down the north bay).

Lyrics: Bizarrely this is the current selection in my car MP3 when I parked up home yesterday evening. How weird as washing is that.

Have a good one today chaps, take a trip to a supermarket and loiter around the firdges to keep cool.

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

LMH: I hope it is cooler for you that predicted:-(

What: 5.25 miles
    Why: Because I can and all my body wanted to run
    Last hard: The heat/sleeping
    Lyrics; Nope

Boy that was an awful night so that made for a shorter run as body tired and air quality was awful so humid at 5am!! I feel I will need a nap later!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Not a good forecast here: grey and cloudy with thunderstorms...and 26 degrees. 

What: short run/walk 

Why: because I think I can. I know I was going to do alternate days but today fits better and tomorrow won't be a run day.

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Hot here too. Today will be the coolest of the week with 29 max. Then it's up to 35 degrees for the next couple of days apparently. But as we can't do much about it we'll just have to grin and bear it I suppose. I'm hoping for a magical pace improvement if it ever gets cooler again :D

LMH: Enjoy lunch with P.  Did he run a marathon that didn't go to plan?

Benjy: sounds stressful. Hope you get the planned 7 in.

Poppy: It's all good miles in the bank

What: a laboured 10 miles today
    Why: I was awake and had the time so coaxed my unwilling legs around
    Last hard: that was harder than pace/HR would indicate -- sometimes it's all in the head
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: yes

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Chicksta: Good effort. Ale: have a good one. Benjy: You didn't miss much this weekend. Been to better championships and had to work too hard then get too bored when it was hurry up and wait time! British in November should be better! Have fun on the seven and earn those chips
    Ale: looks like steady improvement. Hope it continues. Try and keep smiling
    WP: Sometimes a wee bit shorter is good. (Your short being long for me these days)
    LMH: I'll be on an easy too.
    Looks like Emz and I conspired to join second largest parkrun in Britain on Saturday as Cannon Hill jumped in attendance this week. Fairly sedate and easy course. Talk of a hill at the start turned out to be a very gentle incline in Welsh terms :-). 2/3 of my last parkruns I've finished in a position my home run rarely sees :-)
    What: Short and gentle
    Why: Recovery from tiring weekend
    Last Hard: Staying awake last night
    Last Rest: Friday
    Lyrics: No bells ringing
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

I might know the lyrics???
    SC sounds like a good park run! Enjoy short and gentle
    chick, nice one to get 10 miles in early doors, even if its is laboured!
    alehouse, lovely to see you can!!
    popps still nice mileage in my book, well done
    benjy, hope the office is not too uncomfortable, enjoy the 7
    LMH intriguing, what went wrong?  hope you and P enjoy today 

I enjoyed Mile End park run Sat, 2nd my age out of 4. I was slow ish but all good and strong again!
    what: 1.5 miles near work this morning
    why: out tonight to some Bob Marley tribute night
    last hard: this  morning
    last r est: 31/12/16

have a good day all, gonna be so hot!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I'm sure you will chicksta. I don't worry about pace when it's hot though I had a surprisingly sprightly run this morning, definitely wasn't expecting that after yesterday's faster LSR.

Too hot here for a chippy tea Benjy - hope you get a bit of a sea breeze.

Enjoy the run Alehouse.

Yes P ran a marathon yesterday trying to get his new GFA but he hadn't put the training in basically (which he's acknowledging). You can't blag a fast marathon.

Keep it easy until you get over the weekend SC.

I'm sure you do know the lyrics Wabo.

Sorry to hear you're still struggling in the heat Poppy - I think I must be acclimatising.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh I see! Oh if only you could blag a fast marathon! 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ps LMH I like very much the song that you did yesterday
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon from a sunny Old Trafford. Weather forecast wrong so far and I hope it stays that way.

What: 3k earlier, in two parts with about a k walk in the middle

Why: not rushing things
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Not my kind of thing usually Wabo but it's been played a fair bit on Radio 2 and has grown on me. The singer has an interesting history too.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Hello!  Managed 15 miles this morning, just shy of 2 hours.  Chuffed I can do that just two days after my 21 mile run.  A bit sore all over but I'll live.

Lyrics, nope. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    LMH not sure hes mine either but same as you, heard on radio 2 and it does grow on you
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Gentle, hot and sticky 5m done and dusted. No broken colleagues so all round good result. In awe of anyone doing double digit in this heat! Ale: enjoy OT. Not sure I can blag any distance let alone a mara. Done 3 or 4 without adequate training and paid every time.  Ho Hum
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Go Don!, that's superb!

SC: It's a shame the championships were lacking lustre, it's a good job some of ours didn't make the journey. November gives time for planning, might look at considering it. It is quite a journey though.

Wabo: That is great going on the PR, great to see the positive effect it has had

Poppy: You really would not like it here, although I'm sure it is the same for you there, cloud cover but really hot muggy, break out in a sweat just breathing. It has the forbidding atmosphere of thunder.

Chicksta: Can't believe 29 is the coolest. Ouch.

LMH: That is a result after the long one!

Right, off for me little run, fingers crossed the weather starts to kick off and have a thunder storm. Want to be out in the thick of it.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    SC Welsh hills are  hills;-)  if a Welsh race states it is slightly undulating it means mountains:-) 

Benjy good luck I do not  fancy your run in the heat!!

I don't think you can cut corners in marathons ever in fact any race I have to work hard to get slow results :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression