Friday, 27 July 2018 - I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Morning :)

Lyrics today: I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone

Impressive cycling, Don. I'm dead scared of MTB descends ...

Ugh, unruly neighbours, em. Send some heavies over to shut them up ;)

What: LSR
Why: have the day off
Last hard: coping with the heat
Last rest: 21/6

Comments

• Morning.

Enjoy the day off chicksta - hope you have a good run.

Sorry you won't get your kayaking weekend OH.

School holidays eh emzap?

Very disturbed night here, hot and then a thankfully short lived thunderstorm with the loudest claps of thunder I have ever heard just before midnight. Woke with a sore throat and coughing around 0420hrs so I think I'm going to be struggling through today a little. Roll on wine o'clock!

What:           short and easy/baking/work
    Why:            not up to much else/guest for the weekend/need the money
    Last hard:    sleeping
    Last rest:     6/12

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Don: 50 miles mtb that sounds excellent, and mackerel too, a lively fish to land.

Emz: Frozen water bottle, ha ha a top idea. Hope you got your sleep.

OH: If you fancy more weeding, about 350 miles south of you on the east coast is where you want to be. I'll leave the gate and garden box unlocked ready.

Ale: Being active is admirable with the problems you have been enduring.

Chicksta: Don't envy your conditions at the moment. Is it humid as well as hot?

Huge thunderstorms yesterday, started downpour about 35 seconds after I had finished cutting the grass. James Arthur (?) open air concert was cancelled here last night due to lightening. Was supposed to be going to fun pool in the next town down today, you have to book a session online the day before, their website went down, phoned to try and book but can only do online, flooding and lightening had affected their technological trickery that lets you book, so it will be the local Carillion-esque pool instead. Can hear distant thunder going on at the moment, but no signs of the cause. Due again later.

Really wanted thunder to clear the air, but feels just as muggy. My running this past week has felt rubbish, really sluggish wed/thur due to the humidity and air pressure. Might forego running this afternoon/early evening and do a constructive leg session at the gym.

What: Taking daughters and friends swimming this morning, then I think do some leg work at gym

Why: Mix it up

Lyrics: Oh my giddy aunt, it is another no.

LMH: I have a timed vault that opens Friday 6:45 PM with a selection of lager bottles. Can't wait.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Peter Skellern with Our Jackie's Getting Married: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdL41dfPVm8

What: nothing

Why: London for the day. Probably a fair amount of walking not least when watching LFoM 5k. And to an alehouse. Or two. 

Not a good night's sleep here, either, and nearly started the thread around 3, only to find Chick had got there first. Kept waking with sneezing fits. 

Enjoy your day!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Apologies but not had a chance to read back yet but will catch up with everyone's exploits.
    2 weeks in Lanzarote, some volcano trekking and of course a wine tour!
    Ran every day, mostly on the sides of volcanos or on the coast paths, I'm guessing an average of 5-6 miles a day. 
    Phone largely in the safe and only fleetingly checked. Happy days.

Today will be back on the roads of Canary Wharf. Sigh.

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Em : Frozen hot water bottles are the best at keeping you and bed cooler I have 2 every night and a chill pillow which also goes in freezer.

Don: WOW on bike ride hope you are not too sore today.

Dustin: Sounds like you had a great holiday,shame you are back at work today.

Benjy:Enjoy today I think most of us have suffered with slow runs with heat.

Chick: I hope LSR goes well in the heat:-(

What: 12,10 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Not being able to run in woods so alternative route is a little more hilly
    Lyrics: No

Oh boy my legs knew I had  run more hills especially last 2 miles uphill home but first time 2@12 miles in a week so job done-yay It was warmer than of late but we had heavy rain for 2 miles then drizzle for another few miles very welcome and there were puddles:-)-I may have a nap later;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Wow Poppy, you're certainly putting the miles in. Respect. Frozen hot water bottles, brilliant!

Welcome back Dustin.

Enjoy London, ale.

Hope you feel better, LMH. Take it easy.

Timed beer vaults, Benjy :D. You do make me smile
    Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit rough. Heat over here is very dry so it's kinda ok if you don't move around much.

Thunder is forecast for Saturday. Sunday is Ironman Hamburg. I feel for those guys... Likely to be hot again and possibly humid if we really get rain. The bike route goes past our house so we shall be watching.

18 miles done. It was dark for the first hour. Bliss. Temp. was 22 degrees so not too bad. I just ran very slow again and most of my water was poured over me rather than drunk by me.
    Left leg went a bit numb though and back is tight. Probably won't run this WE and rather do yoga and stretching exercises. I don't want this to get bad again :(
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    chick I agree re descents! Did a mtb experience with the other half years back in Wales, I got off and walked down while he and the girl taking us whizzed down!!! She did race that kind of stuff, me I am just a wuss
    So donaldo hats off I am in awe
    emzap empathise re screaming but mine was adults drinking lol! You have to have doors and windows open so can't even shut it out can you
    wp seriously you are a machine! Well done 
    chick enjoy the lsr
    OH that's a shame about your weekend, I am sure you will find stuff to fill it though!!
    LMH had a lovely - busy day!
    Benjy, enjoy the pool sounds brilliant, shame about the one you couldn't book.  The timed vault sounds great!
    alehouse have a great day and enjoy London
    Dustin, wondered where you were, having fun it seems!!

What: will be a little run later
    why: have to collect ride London number later (46 for me 100 for OH)
    last hard: last nights 14 mile bike commute
    last rest: 31/12/16

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chick cross post, sorry to hear about leg and back, what a pain!
  • Glad you had a good holiday Dustin.

Hope you're enjoying your day out Alehouse.

The storms haven't cleared the air here at all Benjy. Mark is out this evening so I will raise a glass with at 1845hrs rather than drink alone:-)

Hope you can keep on top of your back issues chicksta.

Nice to get two long runs in one week Poppy.

What's the weather forecast like Wabo? Ours is pants for Sunday.

Sounds as though you enjoyed the excursion Donaldo. Is it something you think you'll do more of?

About three miles into my run there was thunder (fortunately no lightening) and torrential rain, in all I was soaked through and dried out three times! No sign of any rain at work which is only seven miles away and hot, hot, hot here again.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Just popping in today to say nickname meeting you at last Alehouse 

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH I am seeing rain now for SUnday, I hope not I really am not a fan of cycling in the rain! wow sounds like an eventful run you had!! 
    Volunteering at park run in the morning so I need to get an early run in!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening...or is it still afternoon, as Pammie might say? Good to meet you today and hopefully will get to speak longer another time! Met up with several people from the over 60s thread that I hadn't met before plus many others that I know from previous visits. Now seem to know more people at LFOM than I do at local races at home! No rain until a few minutes ago.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: rest
    Why: planning 30km tomorrow
    Last hard: trying to get 50 bricks from 400 m away to here.  I have a plan, but let's see if it works (no car!).
    Lyrics: nope

Looks like the heavens may open in time for my brick moving!  
    Ale glad you got down to London.
    Dustin glad you had a nice holiday
    Wabo we had the adult's last time and the children yesterday. Today has been blissfully silent, amazing!
    Chick Goettingen had horribly humid heat, it was awful.  Oh I think there may be thunder (or someone moving their bin inside!).

Have a lovely evening all.
  • A wheelbarrow emzap?

Sounds as though you had a nice day Alehouse.

Are you running at the minute Pammie?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    The heavens certainly opened here, Emz! Thought I got a glimpse of Noah. Was going to say something about bricks and slow building but you know that: don't rush things!

Another hour before my train: the penalty of going for the cheapest ticket...and going to the alehouse to spend more than you saved. And it isn't even 18:45 yet: enjoy your drinks LMH and Benjy, and everyone else of course.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Not at moment Lmh. Injured shoulder in a domestic domestic incident. Can't move arm much waiting for steroid injection at hospital. 

Hopefully there will be another day Alehouse 
  • Oh, not good Pammie. What have you done to it? I hop you don't have to wait long for the jab and that it works for you.

I may be about to start early Alehouse  :)
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    6 weeks they say this is week 2. Inflammation. Bursitis and some other thing big words 
    I'm thinking positively though not looking forward to it. But some things have to be done as its not getting better on its own
    The rotating red light has started flashing, the sound of a hydraulic system has engaged, a satisfying mechanical clunk has happend and oodles of dry ice is drifting out of the vault...

LMH and everyone else: Cheers!

Managed to get to the fun pool in the end, loads of slides action. Then gym for intense leg routines and extreme stretches (just need to check I haven't another double hernia, phew! all ok).
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the bike ride but will stick to blue tracks if I ever set wheel on a mtb track again!  I like wide rough roads, or tarmac!  

Thunder here forecast tonight.  Some of you have had it bad, hope the electricity stays on up here.

Home now, rest day today, happy to be back on my own couch.

Lyrics, inkling.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    150 kg bricks moved 500 m. Who needs a gym. I can hardly move my arms of legs now though. My run tomorrow will be interesting.

Lmh couldn't find one. Canvas bags and backpack...