Monday, 30 July 2018 - Caught up in the action I've been looking out for you

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning :)

Lyrics: Caught up in the action I've been looking out for you

Hot again :(

Still hoping back and legs will allow something medium longish. Have a good chance start to the week, all.

Comments

• Morning.

Hope everything cooperated and you enjoyed a MLR chicksta. Dull and chilly here  :(

What:            short and easy
    Why:             tapering
    Last hard:     I find tapering difficult
    Last rest:      12/6

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Chick: Great photo's yesterday and hope your body let you get your MLR in today.

LMH: You just hate easing back on the miles good job you do not race too often:-)

What: 5.30 miles
    Why: Because I got up late and all I had time for
    Last hard: This run was hard legs were slow
    Lyrics;Yes

Boy that was tough legs did not want to run and tum felt swollen and very queasy but job done so I am happy with that:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVk-bacM75Y

What: fitness suite a.m.
     Anti-grav treadmill p.m.

Why: I have time. Will take the first one very easily.

Lyircs: can I have one point for the song title? 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    What - steady lunchtime
    Why - recovery
    last rest - from running about a month ago, but two weeks off work was restful...
    last hard - Saturday's track: 4x200 off 45s, 2m30 rest, 6x300 off 60s, 2m30 rest, 4x200 off 45s

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear you were feeling unwell, poppy.

LMH: is your half this weekend already?

Ale: I wish we had rain ... Saturday's thunderstorms were welcome but it's back to being 32-34 degrees again.

Track session sounds a bit ouch, Dustin

Body was behaving so happy to report another 15 miler done. Good start to the week apart from some tosser nicking the water bottle I'd hidden in the grass. Why would anyone do this? At first I thought it was the post IM clean-up brigade but random empty crisp and cigarette packages were still dotted around.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    SINGING IN THE RAIN!! great lyrics alehouse..
    enjoy the fitness suite
    dustin have a good steady, weather bit dull now but should be nicer then
    lmh I love your comment I like to move it move it! Enjoy your short, don't go taper crazy lol 
    WP nice miles in that weather yesterday and a good start, even if late, to the week
    Chick nice quick 5k Sunday, I hope the legs and back allow something good today

oh and I both opted out of ride London, me 46 which I deferred, him 100 he couldn't defer.  Feel really bad for him as he raised money but he said it just looked to be treacherous! I did not disagree at all. He now has to find a 100 (there are loads) over the next few weeks to justify the charity sponsorship.
    Did a hilly off road 5 miles instead which was nice
    What: 3 miles with oh later hopefully
    why: he enjoyed yesterday so much
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have  a nice day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Glad you were able to get out and run despite your issues Poppy.

Could it have been the IM clean up crew and the other stuff was left as 'general litter' chicksta? Now and again some well meaning person has put a bottle I've left in the nearest bin. Two weeks until my half, I want to keep my miles down to about sixty this week and forty next. Glad you were able to get your MLR in.

I'm glad you had a good holiday Dustin.

Enjoy your run on the a-g treadie Alehouse.

It certainly wasn't a nice day for it Wabo.

The rain stopped and the sun came out as I ran which was nice, made it harder to keep the run short mind but I did and was rewarded with another speedy run.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    AWOL guys...soz..immersed in Monmouth Festival until Saturday. Reasonable parkrun at the weekend but life on hold for 9 days. Will try to lurl and see how you are all doing. Stay strong and off the bench. Best wishes
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Ale: Bloody Nora! I thought it was James Bond theme (it fits). Busy day of activity there, commendable.

Welsh: I'm not surprised it was tough, you have been putting in some long miles without time for leg muscles to refresh (would be the case for me). Good going today on top of your recent miles, truly remarkable.

Chicksta: Great miles there! And regarding water bottle, I thought it was just me that has hidden a water bottle on long country routes (where there are no shops), sorry to hear it got pilfered, but relieved that it isn't just me that does this. I'll do anything to avoid carrying something.

LMH: Top marks on a speedy run. If you say it was speedy then to somebody like me it would indeed be double speedy.

Wabo: I don't really undestand the bike event, do you have to accrue miles or time over a series of events? Top marks on the hilly 5. Love hills.

Dustin: Glad you had a good holiday break, hope the lunchtime was a good chance to get out today.

SC: Hope spirits are high.

Been super busy today, about to bob out for a run of undetermined distance/time minimum is 6 but will see if I can make it 8, just see what I get chance for, got to see a man about a dog at 7pm.

What: A run of some descript

Why: Monday is an office day, got to get out or will go stir crazy

Lyrics: James Bond theme? If I keep saying it, it might come up one day, monkeys, typewriters and Shakespeare come to mind.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Just wondering which James Bond theme starts with doo-dloo or whatever!

What: went to the fitness suite as planned a.m.
    A-g treadmill p.m. 
    1/3 mile at 8 min mile pace @ 85% bodyweight
    1/3 mile at 7 min  pace @ 85% 
    2 miles at 6 min  pace @ 90% 
    1/3 mile at 7 min  pace @ 90% i.e. a couple of minutes recovery
    1 mile at 5:40 pace @90%
    2/3 mile at 7 min pace @90%
    Total: 4.68 miles in 30 mins. Comfortably hard

Why: fighting the flab and injury

Spent a good deal of time moving things and then some decorating. Back now aches!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Blimey Alehouse - I don't think I could run a mile at 5.40 pace even minus 10% of my body weight!

Hope all goes well with the festival SC.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Goodness me Alehouse!!

SC: I hope the festival goes like clockwork:-)

Benjy:I hope you got out of the office for your run and enjoyed the freedom:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I think the figures are pretty meaningless on the a-g. Don't think you can really compare with the real world!
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Doo-Dloo-Doo-Doo-Doo (up a couple of octaves) Doo-Dloo-Doo-Doo-Doo, Wawh-Wawh-Wah-Waaawh, Wah-Wawh-Waahw
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hi benjy, ride London was just a 100 mile bike ride that was on yesterday. we've entered a new one now, 22/9 chiltern , I'm intrigued to see if anyone knows your bond theme.   Ah I see now re the bike thing, basically he has raised money for Scope and so people who have sponsored him now see he hasn't done anything.  Thats why he wants to find another ride, make sense?
    wow alehouse, i dont get the a-g but even so!!!!

I did a lovely forest 3 miler with a mate tonight
    2 races this week lmh....
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh I'm going to have my highest mileage in july since recording on fetch!!!
    And it's the hottest. Be about 89 
  • SMW strimming then 5k loop this evening.
    Payback time
    5k loop felt hard after strimming
    Last rest yesterday
    Lyrics no
    (But fully empathize d and understood Benjy's thoughs!)