Wednesday 1st August 2018 - I've been here before

Morning.

Lyrics for Benjy - I've been here before

Hope you feel better today emzap.

A dry start to the day but it's notable how dull/dark the mornings are already. At least we're forecast some warmer weather again after today though I don't think we're getting up to heatwave heights.

What:             short and easy
Why:              Wednesday/tapering
Last hard:      remembering it's only Wednesday having worked yesterday
Last hard:      tapering
Last rest:       12/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning!!
    Must be bond then LMH... I know how can Cleo be 7!! Her and Lyla went in bunk beds last night, bad night for Jodie 
    Emzap Sorry you had such a bad run
    CHick and pops what miles!!!

I did 88 run and 81 bike
    LMH have a good short and easy

What: 5 k race later
    why: elvis
    last hard: yesterday morning 
    last  rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Wabo Great miles almost equal running and cycling:-)
    Chick: Fab miles you must be over the moon:-)

SC: Great run you sound exhausted enjoy the festival:-)

LMH: Enjoy your dry run today:-)

What 12.50 miles
    Why: Because I can no better reason.
    Last hard: Running at 4.45 legs did not want to behave so a very slow run/sleeping
    Lyrics: Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Lyric - haha good one, and yes!
    Wabo - I always used to laugh when people said "ohh they grow up fast don't they", now we're Uni visiting for my youngest. I swear she is still only 7.
    That said her text to me yesterday when I was at training was "girls over, pls get a bottle of Jaeger on the way home"

What - easy running & coaching
    Why - routine
    last rest - 02/07
    last hard - Yesterday, 7.5 miles including 8 x250 hill reps on a rutted field

• Lyrics: Ha ha ha well I never di in all my ever has beens

Just had 4 cups of coffee, and my mate has text to say fancy getting out for 9 for an 18. Got to get out the door, will post later.
  • Hope you had a good long run Benjy - that's quite an increase from 14.

Any races planned Dustin?

Hope you have a good race Wabo.

Nice miles Poppy.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Go well Wabo

Great July miles from many, notably Chick, particularly compared to a year ago. I seem to be heading in the opposite direction.

What: 2 miles run and it was a struggle. 

Why: I've spent a lifetime running and am trying to get back to it! Also it was 2 miles as I have a new Garmin and didn't realise it was set to miles rather than Ks! Had a stroke of good fortune: was looking for a second hand Garmin 310XT as mine finally packed in: found one on Gumtree for £45 and discovered that the seller only lived a couple of miles away. Got there and found it was nearly new! Bargain!

Enjoy your day everyone!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Welsh: You have to change your name to Mecha-Poppy or Poppytron2000 (or any other robotic/mechanical name) that is really impressive miles for a month, you are like a machine, well done.

Wabo: Get what you were saying now about the bike event. Great total Wabo, but more kudos from me for doing every day, I always need a leg rest day, hence the gym sessions.

LMH: Sneaky lyrics trickster, hope you had an enjoyable one today and the weather was pleasent.

Dustin: I know what you are saying about growing up quick, my eldest daughter is 9 (almost 10 youngest in school year) and youngest 8, I am going through the phase of t-shirts with unicorns and rabbits on starting to being second choice and not first choice, it's truly heartbreaking!

Ale: Bargain! I'm jealous I'm still musing over a new garmin with my cold-war era GPS no longer connecting to Connect, I can't get my monthly totals. The 2 mile struggle is a massive difference from six months ago. I know it must be frustrating, but it is appreciated your advice and encouragement you give on here from your own experience and I know it must be the case with the marshalling you do also, so still very much in the game, it's just overcoming current events without pushing it. So with regard to all this said, I'd like to say thank-you.

Emz: Sorry to hear about yesterday, these happen though, I've just come back from a less than intended run, but I think it was about three weeks ago I went out for a 7-8 miler and returned after 2, I think it was just pure exhaustion catching up (and pig-headedness on my part).

SC: Great to hear from you, learning Do-San at the moment.

Was intending 18 but it ended up being 16, not disappointed, both my mate and myself just got to a point that was too close to home and the direct sun didn't give up that the loop back out for two miles was just a bit too disheartening. Hills and sun had done it's work and we were both knackered. I'm guessing you are right there LMH that 18 was just a bit too much of a jump. We said next 18 attempt we may try and find a flatter route, although it can be quite difficult round here other than the cinder track, but it means double-backing. We might go for being dropped off 18 miles up the cinder track so we run back.

What: Sunny and hilly 16

Why: Oppurtunity to run with somebody else

Lyrics: Doo-Dloo-Doo-Doo-Doo

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hope you're feeling better today, em. These things happen.

Nice impromptu 16, Benjy. I find it incredibly hard to run an extra loop around my house.

Ale: Thanks :)  I hope that things take a turn for the better soon. Was your 2 miles a struggle because your injuries were playing up again? Congrats on that Garmin bargain though. I bought my 610 like that. It was brand spanking new. Owner had issues with his and Garmin swapped it for a new one. He then decided he wanted something with Bluetooth connectivity and sold the 610.

Wabo: Enjoy your 5k blast tonight.

Poppy: Epic mileage again. Wowzers.

LMH: Lyrics choice made me smile

What: 5 miles in 40 mins on the TM
    Why: Thunder and lightning this morning - too treacherous for running. I don't want to get killed by lightning strike.
    Last hard: sleeping and looking at the forecast. No end in sight to this heat. This morning's interlude only brought humidity
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: yes
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Alehouse: What a great bargain on your 310xt.I hope your 2 miles has not set you back?

Benjy: Epic mileage well done on 16 miles and a great idea for next time to be dropped off and run back on easier course.Hopefully you will find a new to you Garmin soon keep looking.
    Might be worth a look...https://uk.webuy.com/search?stext=garmin forerunner&superCatId=5

Wabo: I missed you were racing tonight so go well with Elvis:-)

Chick: Great job on treadmill sometimes it is safer indoors than outside.Shame about the humidity:-( but great bargain on your garmin.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hope there are no repercussions from the longer run Alehouse. Glad you found a new Garmin.

I think 16 was probably a much more sensible distance for today Benjy and you'll be fine for 18 next time. Treat yourself to that new Garmin! It was lovely for my run thank you though the run was shorter than I'd have liked. I don't enjoy tapering.

chicksta - when it started thundering when I was out for my run a few days ago I was trying to find a route to stay under the trees so as not to be the tallest thing around. Not worth the risk when you have an alternative. We are due to warm up again after today but not to your heights.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Afternoon!

Glad to say that the poor run was not injury related, Chick! And hopefully there are no repercussions, LMH!

Felt quite exhausted this morning, probably mainly down to poor sleep, plus I actually did four training sessions of different sorts on Monday and Tuesday (1 x a-g treadmill, 2 x exercise bike, 1 x stretches). But feeling considerably better now having just returned from the Christie Hospital: having fractured my back in January all sorts of concerns were raised. In short, blood tests suggested initially that there were slightly raised paraprotein levels, which are one indicator of possible blood cancer. A PET scan was ordered a few weeks ago and the results today showed that there was nothing sinister, whereas I was convinced the writing was on the wall. Now discharged by the haematologist who smiled and said he never wants to see me again. I replied that I might bump into him at a parkrun in the near future (he runs as well). To say I am relieved is an understatement! Hope the prostate consultant is as positive in October!

And thanks for the kind words, Benjy!

Wise decision re the lightning, Chick: have had two friends struck down and killed, one on a golf course and one climbing in the Dolomites. Pretty well the only thing I wouldn't consider running in. 

Emz: not sure about this match going to the 4th day!

I will be visiting the alehouse later. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Great news Alehouse - enjoy your evening.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    To that I raise my glass, ale. Brilliant news.

Yep, thunderstorms are not to be messed with. As much as I like to run in the summer rain.

Forgot to reveal yesterday's lyrics: Helen Schneider, Hot summer nites
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Great news alehouse, good to hear.