Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Everyone at home has come down with "my" virus. Now I know how Typhoid Mary felt.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Even my farts are poorly.
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44851363

You're little heart melts to read the story, poor innocent couple, mis-sold a mortgage, poor health and now having to live on benefits, ahhh

Or, pair of idle gormless feckers, too dim to understand how a interest only mortgage works, contracting a make-believe illness and now living off the state for evermore - still at least they're not starving to death by the looks of them.

Which scenario is the more accurate? I leave it too the kind consideration of the forum to decide.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I live in a suburb undergoing whatever the opposite of gentrification is. 20 min trip to the local shops:
    - Topless Jamie Vardy lookalike riding a mobility scooter, loaded with I assume someone else's stuff, down the middle of the road.
    - Nicked handbag and contents strewn across a grass verge.
    - Three separate incidents of people walking straight in front of moving cars and telling the driver to "fuck off".
    - Quad bike riding down the pavement.
    - Three shoplifters chased out of Lidl and running away. To cheers.
    - A general surrounding misshapen cast of feral fuckwits that looked like a Tommy Robinson rally without the placards.
    It's nice to be home and behind a locked door.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    I read that story senidM.

They bought their house with the same mentality that the middle classes had when they bought them fifty years back.

They assumed that there would be restrictions on the lending that would somehow save them from themselves.

Different world today I'm afraid.

They played the conventional middle class game, without realising that not only has the game changed. It's been stopped, packaged up and sold on to people whose modus operandi is extracting a lifetimes productivity from others, while leaving them with nothing.

In this case, the banks got ten years out of them.

A loan on a house is actually a liability. It used to be a sign of status.

Lose the means of keeping the banks at bay (a paid job) and it's game over.

🙂

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    JT, what part of hell do you live in?

🙂

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    RicF said:
    JT, what part of hell do you live in?
    Central well of Malebolge, about 10mins from Greggs.
    It's not always like that, but I get genuinely estranged and upset when it is. Would be nice if it was like a Mike Leigh cast of characters, but it's not.

I think there's a running slant to this. With running I'm used to always being out and about and having the world kind of to myself. In this prolonged heat every undomesticated prick is outside and I'm stuck sharing my world with them.
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    "Central Well of Malbolge" 'kin Hell JT, there are Literary allusions and then there's that, if you'd just thrown in a reference to the Duckworth-Lewis chip shop I would be completely in awe!
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Central Well of Malebulge is the pet name for my underpants.
  • It's 30 degrees in a heatwave that doesn't seem like ending and you've got a sign up for Christmas!!!!! It's five months away. I'm stuck in a traffic jam with no air con and feel like I'm melting into my seat and you are torturing me with images of snow and tinsel!
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Too warm to sleep last night. My brain filled the time by revisiting a possible slight by a former housemate from over 20 years ago. I started to play out an imaginary scenario, confronting him about it, arguing, a fight. I was absolutely livid. I thought about finding him on Facebook, someone I haven't seen for two decades over a row we never had about something he maybe never did, and telling him to go fuck himself. Couldn't remember his name though. I need to buy a fan.
  • GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭
    350 quid to clear up the gardens to include putting down weedkiller so they don't grow back. The house is being sold, why should I worry if they grow back?
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Natural history films that go on about animals urge to sire the next generation. The urge to shag is what it is. It took humans long enough to figure out cause and effect between mating and babies. I'm pretty sure everything else from trout to deer don't know what the fuck they're doing.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    What is Tommy Robinson doing on the main news? Why is he being given credence as a public figure? Why are the shuddering fuck nuts of the international alt-right calling the tune here? Why do I even know who this febrile racist bell end is? I'm less than happy with having Dr Alex forced into my consciousness, I drawn the line at this hyper wanker.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Every single Labour activist should be sent a copy of Life of Brian with a note saying, "all the bits about the People's Front of Judea, that's how it ends if you don't pull yourselves together."
  • If I'd known I had to pay 20p to use the toilet, I would have pissed in the bushes.
  • 100 mile ultra races in the height of summer. Idiocy.

• ^^ Tw@t...

Anyway. Why don't you get any veg with your dinner in most restaurants these days? If they even have them at all, you have to pay extra! £4 or so for a piece of brocolli, a bit of cauliflower and some carrot pieces. Mad!
  • GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭
    Am I scared? Yes I am. Am I excited. Absolutely. 
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    It's been lovely staying for a couple of days but I really need to go home now and have a poo.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Guarddog said:
    This was very much my sentiment when I had an aubergine lodged up my arse.
  • GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭
    JT141 said:
    Guarddog said:
    This was very much my sentiment when I had an aubergine lodged up my arse.
    The standards at Waitrose are falling a bit.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Yes, brings added meaning to the expression, 'shit a brick'.

🙂

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Ben Stokes has been found 'Not guilty as hell'.

🙂

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Fucking fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. People. There is nothing more detrimental to the concept of humanity than finding out what is in the heads of so many people.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Know what you mean JT.

Hard to believe that people can function at all, when they have shit for brains.

🙂

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    It always makes me uneasy when Ric agrees with me.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    £60 for an outside cat house to keep the ageing cat sheltered from the elements and the first time it rains the bastard sits on top of it and defiantly gets wet.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Actually not everyone is good at something. It's closer to not everyone is shit at everything.

🙂