Thursday 2nd August 2018 Remember me to one who lives there

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Remember me to one who lives there
She once was a true love of mine

Once again these are for Benjy, plus I suspect that LMH may well know this and I imagine that Emz has the album!

What: fitness suite, but a gentle session

Why: easy day, plus helping at part 3 of the club's 5k series

Thanks for the kind words!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Sam Smith's Bond theme - Writing's On The Wall.

I do indeed know these lyrics Alehouse.

A lovely day forecast for us, would be good for a MLR but taper stops play. Was planning on a gym visit this afternoon but the battery has gone in my car key fob (at least I think/hope that's what's wrong) so need to sort that really and the garage is in the opposite direction so that may provide a good excuse not to go. I've been for the mandatory session this week so am less motivated to make it happen regardless.

What:           short and easy/possibly gym
    Why:            see above
    Last hard:    tapering
    Last rest:     12/6

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - that is truly good news
    Benjy - ah my youngest is baby of the year too (literally: 31st August)
    LmH - races you say, well hoping to do a fast 5k in 3 weeks time (midweek series), have a mile 2 weeks later, then the Southern relays (again about 5k). Local town half is first week of October, but I may be pacing at that one. The way the legs have been the last two days I'm not going to be setting any records. Won't stop me trying though.

What - U11 coaching and some easy running for me. With my holiday as Thurs-Thurs, not been for 3 weeks. I actually miss the little blighters. Must be going soft in my old age.
    Why - back in the groove
    last rest - July
    last hard - Tuesday
  • Probably just a swim
    Stiff back after slashing overgrowth on SMW
    Last hard: that obviously was
    Lyrics: yes (and correctly guessed the poster before opening thread!).

• Morning

Ale: That is really good to hear!

What: 8.35 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: how slow it is and achilles has been most bothersome for past 2 weeks.
    Lyrics: Yes

A very slow run but big girl pants pulled up and got on with it .It takes 2 miles for achilles to settle but using winter route which is hilly for first mile.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about Achilles woes, Poppy. Be careful.

Enjoy your swim, ale.

LMH: understandable re. gym. I really don't like going in the summer. Gyms are a winter thing for me ...

Ale: that was an early thread start!

Dustin: that's some short and fast races coming up.

What: 14 miles
    Why: nice morning so I ran into work
    Last hard: This heatwave. Sleep is still elusive although last night was marginally cooler. It's forecast to heat up to 32 again today though.
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: yes
  • I bet they've missed you too Dustin. A shorter/faster summer schedule then?

Not that it would deter you but I hope you have a nice day for your swim OH.

It doesn't take much to put me off the gym I'm afraid chicksta. Nice miles there.

Take care Poppy.

A lovely morning for a run here and another enjoyable speedy run. Maybe there's something in this running less business  :)
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Sounds great, LMH. My pace will hopefully come back when these silly temps drop. You probably run faster than I cycle ;)

I wrote nonsense earlier (nothing new there): I meant to say enjoy your swim OH
  • Therapeutic swim to the Juniata (wreck) between surgeries. Lovely day here.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    AFTERNOON
    Alehouse oh yes to the lyrics, sang it at school! Hope last night was a good one, have a good day
    OH that sounds good!
    LMH glad your running  is getting speedier, mine isnt!!
    chicksta nice miles!
    WP well done on pulling up the big girl pants lol!!! Take care though
    Dustin ah that's nice and I bet they've  missed you!

What a tough hilly race last night's was, but so nice! 1 lap, hills pleasant scenery. Had a runner in front of me early on who I always expect to beat but as I say, I am not getting faster.  Anyway when we hit two miles and had done a few hills I spotted her and saw she was tiring, so I passed her on a long stretch downhill and got some momentum. Beat her. With under a mile to go I now spot the  man from the previous hilly Elvis 5 miler in front. Doing battle with another female runner it was funny to watch!! Every time she got near he sped on.  She eventually passed him, so now I'm trying so hard to get to him but thinking he must be better at this distance I need further to catch him. BUT turned a corner 200 metres to go I was getting so close and as soon as I saw the finish line I just went for it and beat him :-) I tried to say well done or something but he was in no mood to even look at me!!

What: on to Assembly league, 3.5 miles tonight
    why: need a medal ;-)
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Great report Wabo! Made me smile! Say hello to Dennis for me! He didn't go to LFoM as was helping on registration for last weekend's big ride. Enjoy tonight!

Sent from a nice cool fitness suite. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ah lovely sounds nice Alehouse, I will say hello!   
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Excellent Wabo - I bet you're still grinning  :)
  • Great report Wabo:-) Cheshire cat grinning going on today:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Ale: That is good news, improving, and ha ha yes, those lyrics are somewhat familiar… now where have I heard them before…

LMH: Activity pickle, must be frustrating for you the taper, when you know and feel like a long run. Good gym get out.

Dustin: That really is the outer limit of the academic year 31st! A range of short fasts there, good luck with those.

OH: Sea swim I’m guessing. Watch out for jellyfish, they are in abundance now, pesky blighters.

Welsh: Great miles again, sorry to hear achilles being bothersome and I know what you mean about easing off after a couple of miles. I’m like that with my left ankle and right knee. Advice to me would be rest it, but I think “it’ll be right after a mile”.

Chicksta: Cracking miles! Especially with your continental heat.

OH: Noticed now in the thread you have done your swim, sounds impressive. Going to Google Juniata.

Wabo: Excellent! Ha ha you Waboed him! Enjoy tonights run.

First to report, got 27 points on round 1 Popmaster today, I was reeling with pure joy, then round 2 got 30 points! Can't believe it, I mark myself strictly, don't allow paused answers. Never hit 30 mark before.

Was 'werkin this morning/early afternoon, just been and done an intense gym session in addition to extreme stretching. Today is a non-running day, my daughters at sleep over so having a supportive run to help Mrs Benjy train for Great North Run. Really needs some coaching, the charity gig is fast approaching and really needs to get up to speed. So think it will be a 5 miler without stopping. Easy for us running folk, but not for those that are fund-raising first and foremost for a personal cause and see it as a massive challenge.

What: Gym/Stretch/5 Mile

Why: Well it would be a hat trick

Lyrics: Imagine if I said no

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Nice one Wabo, brought a smile.

Starting to feel a bit more normal, did some speed work on Tues for the first time in a while, definitely aggravated my wee niggle on Achilles or heel.  I know now that speedwork causes it, while plodding along is fine.

So it was 6 miles yesterday, quite speedy in less than 44 mins and then 12.7 Miles this morning in 1:40. Decent run but so muggy and warm that I finished as if I had been through a rainstorm although all the moisture was my own!  Ewww!

Now comtemplating the Dunoon Half marathon on Saturday.  

Lyrics, oh yes.