Monday, 6 August 2018 - Tropical summer, balmy day

Morning all :smiley:

Today's lyrics: Tropical summer, balmy day

Hoping for another MLR. Sleep is very elusive.

Comments

• Morning ,

Chick I so agree sleep is hard to find in the heat!enjoy your MLR

Back after my run......
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Soak Up The Sun by Sheryl Crow.

Hope the physio can help and this week is better emzap.

That is hot chicksta. Our weather is supposed to cool from Wednesday. I felt better after my run thanks but it's not quite let go.

Hope you had a good run Poppy.

What:          short and easy/gym
    Why:           taper/didn't get yesterday
    Last hard:   tapering
    Last rest:    12/6

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again,

LMH: I hope that Dog  gets chased away by Grace:-)

What: 8.10 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Sleeping
    Lyrics: Nope

Not too bad a run considering lack of sleep!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Wet grey and cool in Orkney!
    Short loosener planned this morning then gentle Scapa loop this evening.
    Coaxing my back into mobility
    Last hard Saturday
    Lyrics highly inappropriate for here!  ;)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Am I the only one who finds sleep very easy? (just not enough of it!)

What - easy lunchtime miles / blood giving later
    Why - recovery / someone needs a spare pint more than I do
    last rest - June
    last hard - Saturday
    lyric - I believe so

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Lucky you, Dustin. Wait till you hit the menopause :D

OH: Hope back is cooperating.

LMH: Time to look forward to racing at the weekend. Hope the prospect of a good hard effort chases the last remnants of the black dog away.

Poppy: Glad to hear you had a good run.

Happy to report 15 miles at a rather brisk pace (for me). For once it was a bit cooler and my legs felt like someone had ignited a turbo. Very surprised but I take it! Next couple of days will be hot and humid again so it's back to plodding. But good to know everything works when the temps are right. Only downside: I was stung by a wasp. It must have landed on my arm without me noticing and then felt disturbed. So it stung and flew away :/
  • Haven't been here in ages, good to see some regulars still around!

I'm currently having a rest day, waiting for a gas hob & a pair of trainers to be delivered.

I logged in hoping to find out what's happened to mapometer - does anyone know?

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Great to see you, 40! No idea what mapometer is, I'm afraid! Hope all is well!

Lots of wasps around, Chick! Hope there are no repercussions. Managed to get stung on my lip on Friday at cricket: pesky creature must have been in my beer!

What: debating whether to risk another run and walk or fitness suite or both

Why: have run a little the last two days and really need to get back to it but...

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    alehouse oh no not on the lip!!! Whatever you decide on I hope it goes well 
    40 mins hi!!! Enjoy the rest, hope it all turns up, also do not know what mapometer is
    chick great running, it sounds amazing at the moment, ooh scary wasp!!
    Dustin, I also seem to be sleeping easy, it's very odd! Or is it the couple of drops of CBD oil I put under my tongue at night? Anyway, enjoy the lunch time miles and hopefully the blood goes well

OH hope your back is ok, mine was aching bad yesterday but a run seemed to sort it
    WP great run I'd say with lack of sleep!
    LMH enjoy short and easy, what is your race you're tapering for?

What:  3 miles with some spurts later
    why: did a half mile of upping the pace on yesterdays run,  as I am so slow lately, liked it!
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a great day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Wabo - Newark Half on Sunday. Glad you liked yesterday's faster bit.

Can't help either I'm afraid 40 minutes.

Do what you'd tell me to Alehouse. Not nice to be stung at all but especially not on the face.

Good to hear that you had an enjoyable speedy run chicksta - hope the wasp sting wasn't too painful. Unfortunately the dog is being fed by work which will come between me and the race but I'm trying hard to shake it off though tapering doesn't help.
  • Good morning/afternoon all. Back from festival frenzy, nine nights of mayhem and survived another year. 
    What a week you've all had. Wabo: Seriously impressed with those efforts. Benny and Mrs B, nice to see you out together and as usual always making me smile B.  WP...be careful with that Greek guy, he gets annoyed too easily. LMH..hope the taper madness stays calm. Ale: Good to see you more active, even if intermittently. 
    Chicksta: Think I have the manopause...too many hot sweats and restless nights with no one else involved :-)
    Donaldo: Looks like a tough week last week: I'd rest. Dustin: I envy your speed.
    Strav stats for July were pants after a great June but will pick up with two half maras this month and a couple of  othee races  too. Might even train in between :-). Despite being tired Sat managed a 21.12 parkrun, no wobbles and a 74.88% age grade: Fastest for a year. Helped out at junior parkrun Sat, making first appearance there as their new ambassador. 
    Lyrics: Yes
    What: Lunchtime plod
    Why: Both colleagues want to go out
    Last Hard: Saturday
    Last Rest: Yesterday

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Good run today chicksta.

SC, nice parkrun, great running.

4 easy recovery miles for me this morning.  Gentle run with some off road sections for a bit of variety. Legs tired but not as bad as expected, which is nice!

lyrics, nope.

I’ve known a lot of the songs in the past wee while but have been unable to identify the lyrics from them the day before.  Must be old age.

Assignment due for University next Monday, better get on it.
  • 9k with a casual pb of SVT 252bpm at 8....it was going so well :-(

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    sc, oh my goodness!!! Thats blooming high!! Did you settle it quickly? you must have as you did the next 1k I guess.Jodie off to private appt tomorrow - good timing as she is not feeling so good the last couple of days. So you 

LMH sounds good - the half I mean!
    I h ave two races again this week, alehouse you'll be pleased. 5K on the rides over Epping on Weds then back to the same place different course for the final forest 5, hope I'll improve!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • AWOL at weekend, nothing to with mentions of Yazz or Ch$&@*ma$, was doing car boot sale (for fundraising) and other Summer activities with my girls, not being at computer.

Had a rubbish run yesterday late afternoon/early evening, shameful pace and was knackered out, distance only half a mile above my allowable minimum achieved, think over-egged the pudding a bit recently and heat is chipping away at me.

Sorry at work, only a quick check in.

What: Gym session and stretching after work

Why: Going for a long run tomorrow so want to save my hairy pins for that

Lyrics: No

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Wabo 3-4 mins. Was 1k from the factory so no big deal and could have got a car to collect. Tad unfortunate but...
    Hope Jodie gets some answers tomorrow.
  • Must be even more frustrating after your great parkrun SC.

Benjy - if you don't want to link to Mrs B's fundraising page on here would you message me with it please? I'd like to support her efforts.

Sounds positive Donaldo - what are you studying?

I hope that the consultant can help Jodie Wabo.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    What: was going to go to running club, but after having fallen asleep twice today I think my body's trying to tell me to rest
    Why: I am apparently very very tired
    Last hard: being so tired (though Dustin, I also have no trouble sleeping, think it's the heat knocking me completely sideways).
    Lyrics: nope

Wondering at what point taking it easy is going to become detrimental to the hard work I've been putting in on marathon training.  At the moment, I know for sure I'm doing more harm than good by running today.  Hopefully will feel better enough by Wednesday to do an easy 12 km.

Have a lovely day all.
  • It doesn't sound as though you have much choice at the minute emzap - running yourself into the ground and needing more time off is going to be more detrimental to your marathon training than taking an easy week.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Nice to see you, 40!

LMH is right, em. Listen to your body. When is your marathon?

Brilliant parkrun, SC. Sorry to hear about the episode. You're coping so well. Had to chuckle at manopause :D

Hope your long run goes well, Benjy. You're a busy man.

Ouch, ale. I'm a bit scared of stings in the face or inside the mouth. Arm is no prob. I'm not allergic.

Fingers crossed Jodie can get some help. Must be distressing for all of you, wabo.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    LMH, studying for a Masters in Educational Leadership.  This is year 2 of 3.  I enjoy it.  
  • Back improving but not 100%
    4 miles this morning then 3.1 miles this evening.
    Swam round the Juniata wreck at 2pm once then another swim buddy arrived so we swam round it again.
    Weather improved with the day.
  • Sleep not generally a problem (except when I want to through the day!)
    When I came back from NZ I had become accustomed to going to bed when it got dark and waking up with the birds. I continued the same pattern when I got home except that it was December and the north of Scotland!  ;)