Tuesday, 7 August 2018 - I'd like to coo with my baby tonight

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in Training
Morning :)

Yesterday's lyrics were The heat is on, Abba.

Today's are: I'd like to coo with my baby tonight

Another rubbish night but since I'm awake I might as well run. Will report later what that body was up to.

Comments

• Morning.

Should have got yesterday's lyrics! Hope you've had a good run chicksta.

LOL OH - are you prone to a nana napping?  :)

I think you need to enjoy it especially when you're doing it alongside a full time job Donaldo - hope you continue to do so.

What:             short and easy
    Why:              taper
    Last hard:      tapering
    Last rest:       12/6

Lyrics - I don't think so.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: not today

What: Tuesday is usually the big Pilates type exercise day but not sure about today

Why: may do something different like go and watch cricket
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Good luck with the assignment Don.
    SC -  frightening stuff but sounds like you're managing it well
    Emz - listen to the body. I'm certainly more fatigued running in the heat so much (was out at midday yesterday). Good training though. Struggle to hit "normal" pace too.
    Gave blood yesterday after work (so one of the last to be seen) and the nurse said they had had quite a few fainters over the day, much more than usual, a symptom of the heat they reckon.
    OH - sounds a great training day yesterday!

What - club night, not sure what
    Why - Tuesday usual. Will be not going full beans though
    last rest - June
    last hard - Saturday

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

I'd be one of them fainters, Dustin. I faint even when my GP practice takes just a small vial for testing :D Nobody wants my blood anyway as I'm usually borderline anaemic :(

Enjoy the cricket, ale.

Apparently we're due some thunderstorms on Friday. Till then it's mid 30s every single day B)

Managed to coax a lacklustre 9 miles out of rather unwilling legs today. Combination of fatigue from yesterday's 15 and the return of the heat methinks. Anyway, all miles in the bank are good miles.

• Morning,

SC: I was very excited to read about parkrun for you no episode, then wham you get on yesterday:( I hope you are feeling okay today?manopause I like it:-)

Chick: Sorry to hear about the heat for you:-( we are cooler as of today and rest of week-yay.I can relate to a slow run this morning as well but I had not run 15 yesterday.

Benjy: Glad you are doing okay sounds like fun at carboot sale at weekend.

Dustin: I am glad you were not a fainter and did they give you a biscuit;-)

What: 8.26 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last hard: the pace
    Lyrics: I think so

I had to be out early as I had a GP appointment first thing and find without me knowing they had move me to later time!! oh well never mind.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh blast!!!lost my whole post
    emzap, hope you are less tired
    donaldo agree with LMH about studying well done you
    LMH enjoy short and easy
    Chick my my that was early! 
    Alehouse have a great day
    dustin I can imagine lots of fainters! Enjoy the club

My poor OH, he got a massive deep wood splinter into his left hand and he is a lefty.  he was told this morning it needs an op under general and he will be out of action for 3 weeks. As he is self employed and we go away in 3 weeks, not good.
    He says it will be beans on toast and super noodles on holiday! I don't care about that just hope there is no permanent nerve damage or anything
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    WP good running but how annoying about doc! Still got it d&d sooner
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Jodie has been seen and should be having an ablation 18/9/18. Nice doc and he would have done it next week but we are off to Ibiza for 3 nights from 18/8so can't do.
    It's all go.....
  • LMH: Thanks, I'll forward link in next day or two, she has only just set it up, fundraising has been old-fashioned methods coffee mornings, work/cake events, car boot etc (and doing well), the just giving webpage for friends and family credit card payments have been leaving for the last month as they gave generously only very recently for my VLM2018, so wanted to leave the big ask again with a gap. She has also waited until now so it was post-op for her dad's prostate cancer. It has more resonance to ask friends and family after his ordeal. I do feel sorry for her, the cause and reason was for running GNR for Cancer Research was for her mother that she lost to cancer 18 months ago, only a couple of weeks after signing up for (the challege) of GNR for her mum, her dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer. She hasn't been able to do any where near the training she intended as she has been looking after her dad a lot and ferrying to and from Hull regularly. Thankfully it didn;t spread to bones they have managed to cut it all out only three weeks ago. Recovering well at the moment.

SC: Bloody hell! You are having it rough, you do cope well

Dustin: Were the Spinners there giving blood also? I remember them in their aran jumpers being the face of Give Blood when I was a kid. Your post has guilted me in to getting my myself down to give blood.

Don: Got to enjoy it, I thoroughly enjoyed my Masters until I got to 75% through, then it got really long in the tooth and I just wanted it finished, I would say mentally prepare for that possibility in case. Did mine over two years around work instead of one year full time. Worth it though in the end.

Welsh: Can I have some of your miles? You have loads and it is only the 7th. Tiptop.

Wabo: That is rough going for your OH, I do hope it heals without problem.

Ale: Cricket sounds like a plan. Cricket season is now on borrowed time being August, lap up as much of it as you can.

What: A decent run, thinking 10 miles then TKD tonight. Was supposed to be doing 17 today, but work has dragged on and training mate can't make it, he said possibly tomorrow early evening instead. Works better to be honest.

Why: Need to get out

Lyrics: Nope! Intrigued.

• Do you mean power naps, LMH? ;)

8 coastal miles with Els
    last hard - that was as back still not 100%

hope recovery is faster than anticipated for you husband Wabo. Hopefully good news for Jodie.
  • Benjy - don't go for ten this evening if you're planning seventeen for tomorrow. Happy to support Mrs B's fundraising, sorry to hear that she's had so much to deal with but good that things seem to be going well for her dad.

Wabo - it's difficult being ill/injured and self-employed, a whole new level of stress I'm afraid. I hope that it doesn't spoil the holiday too much and that the ablation works for Jodie - didn't the NHS offer that?

I think that's what I meant OH  :) Good to hear that Els is running again.

I can't imagine they'd have been too pleased if you'd turned up late and told them that you'd changed the time Poppy!

chicksta - miles in the bank are definitely good. I hope you get the break in the weather you want, we are due to cool down from tomorrow  :(

Although I'm banned I always feel bad about not giving blood - thank you for making the time to do so Dustin.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH the NHS did offer it and she turned it down only to find out the next day she had no platelets.  So that was good.  But then she had the worst SVT yet and the NHS new appointment wasn't till October.  So her partner decided to book the private one. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    busy boy benjy!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

King of pain - Physio visit tonight..... looks like sitting down and posture is poor (not aided by secondment and 2.5 hours on a train every day) ... hips uneven and glutes not firing.... he put me in a world of pain, but says I can carry on running short with high kneesat present.... exercises and stretches to do and back next week......

onwards and upwards....
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

9 hours sleep and a bit less tired today. No power nap today and 3.8 km done.

Wabo good news regarding appointment. Bad news regarding oh.

Rfj oww
    Ale how was cricket?
    SC just saw, sorry to hear that :(
    Dustin thanks for your comments regarding heat, exactly what's happening to me.
    Have a lovely evening all