Saturday 11th August 2018 - We can plant a seed

Morning.

Lyrics - We can plant a seed

Great result chicksta, hope you're still smiling! Taper hasn't been too bad if I'm honest, too much else going on.

emzap - just an easy effort if you go to parkrun eh? Don't want to set yourself back.

Hope you have a good race Wabo and a safe trip to the seaside.

What:            short and easy
Why:             taper
Last hard:     the first two miles yesterday felt much harder than they should (post physio legs)
Last rest:      12/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Turn It On Again by Genesis.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning lmh

Yes definitely. I'll be happy to get round without stopping. Hoping to do a long run tomorrow but I'm allowing myself to walk as much of it as I need to. 

Chick. Great result! I miss my Urkunde, never get them here. Got a pile of them that I don't know what to do with!

Ale, 7 here this morning . Hope they play some more cricket today.

Have a lovely day all
  • Morning,

LMH: Enjoy short run today:-)

EM: Do be careful it does sound like a virus that has knocked you out.

Chick: Great result last night well done!!

Foot is  still painful but eases off then comes back later in day maybe the painkillers I am taking are helping.
    I am making soup today in new soupmaker and knitting .....the things we do to keep us out of trouble;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: 5k d&d

Why: took the bull by the horns and decided to test my knee, and everything else (!) on an uneven off road parkrun, running progressively. First k was 5:42; the last was nearer 5. Total time, 26:10 approx. Will see what the total damage is tomorrow! No issues during or immediately afterwards, so cautious optimism! Found 5k a long way: by far the furthest I have run for 8 weeks. Shows how much easier it is to run with others. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Excellent Alehouse - I really hope there is no adverse reaction.

Sounds very industrious Poppy.

How did it go emzap?
  • Fingers crossed AH
    Well done chicksta

Sitting in cafe in Beauly.
    On route to Fort William.
    Last hard Wednesday
    Lyrics no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sounds positive Ale, hope no repercussions for you.

Did Worcester Pitchcroft this morning.  Chatted to a guy the whole way round to make sure I was going easy.  26:40ish and 7.5km total with the jog there from the train station (was good and walked back to make sure I didn't overdo it).  

I am sleepy now but not too bad.  May nap later.

WP what are you knitting?

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. Still quite chuffed actually.

Good parkruning em and ale. Hope you got away with yours, ale. Fingers crossed.

I usually throw them away, em. But there were no medals yesterday so I might keep that one.

Hope your race goes well, wabo.

And best of luck for you tomorrow, LMH.

What: 4 mile recovery jog
    Why: ran fast yesterday
    Last hard: yesterday  - my legs are not accustomed to speed
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: no
  • Chicksta: Tiptop! You Chicked it! Well done you, great to hear

LMH: Hope you had a good one today being taper season

OH: Be careful there is something in the water there...

Emz: Sounds like a great run/day out. Hopefully feel better soon.

Dustin: Horsemen of the Apocalypse over Isle of Dogs then

Ale: That is great news, fantastic, hopefully not too much too soon

Welsh: I'm feeling guilty going running when you are injured, and new shoes to just rub it in. Do hope you improve soon

Wabo: Have a great time, hope it went well if now done

Two things to report:

Got a new to me Garmin, Vivoactive HR, a friend said she got it but doesn't use it, prefers smart watch for footstep recording, said I have done a lot to help recently and to have it. Well it is great, I can now log my runs again, stripped it of all sensory nonsense, footsteps, bluetooth, heart rate so it is just a basic distance/time/pace and watch face, don't have to take it off straight away can keep it on to tell the time. Just christened it with a 10 mile run. Faffed around with Garmin deleted old account, created new, uploaded old Forerunner with a borrowed PC. Downside I have lost everything from early 2016, but that's life, so long as I can be back how I was.

Second thing, did a steady 10 miler, nice views on cliffs, but then got stabbing pains around my hernia mesh repair around mile 9. Quite painful. Hope it is temporary. Will have to keep an eye on that one.

What: Nice 10 miler for 9 miles

Why: Saturday is runday

Lyrics: Well, hell no
  • I'm glad you have a new Garmin Benjy, sorry to hear about the pain though, I hope it disappears as quickly as it came.

Glad today went well emzap - do you think it's a good idea to go long tomorrow though, even if you're planning to walk as required? If you felt like you could nap this afternoon I'm worried you'll wipe yourself out again.

Thanks chicksta. I think I may need it.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh yes I'm currently thinking the same as I'm cream crackered and struggling to even cook dinner! May just head out for short and easy. I've got time and my miles so far have also been quite high so I'm not too worried about missing things at the moment.  I think having done 19.5 miles with 9 weeks to go leaves me some wiggle room.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Ouch Benjy. That doesn't sound good :( hope it's nothing serious. Nice 10 miller with the new Garmin :+1:

Look after yourself em. Really sounds like something is not quite right. Maybe have your bloods checked?