Running Shoes

ahmed11ahmed11 ✭✭
Can you help me find good running shoes as i am a beginner in running. I am having difficulties to find on.

Comments

• go to a shop where you can have your feet looked at, your gait analysed and proper advice given. Its not a simple thing. What works for me may not work for you.
  • Apologies for hijacking this thread, but as im new I can't create new post, I've not done any running for a number of years and trying to get back into it, I have a pair of Saucony Hurricane 15's....does anyone know what the latest 'version' of these are now?
  • In 2018: I have purchased 2 pairs of Nike Pegasus 35, a pair of Clifton 4, a pair of Nike Odyssey React and a pair of Nike Zoom Vomero 12. On my shoes to buy list are: Clifton 5 Flyknit and Pegasus 35 Turbo or Bondi 6 in the triple black. I mainly stick to black/white or all black colour schemes. 
  • Please visit runners need as they will analyse how ayou are running and recommend accordingly.dont go after brands or fancy colours, functionality matters
  • Sub17ParkRunSub17ParkRun ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The least amount of support you can get away with is better than going for running shoes that over correct. Stability/motion control shoes are solutions searching from a problem but end up creating more problems. The barefoot/minimalist shoe movement challenged the stability/motion control paradigm that dominated the past. Running shoe brands are now offering more running shoe options for consumers.

Real gait analysis are expensive and more accurate than stepping on a magic pad in a running store. Less support in running shoe is better than being over corrected by wrong shoes. They are not qualified in a running store and their free gait analysis are highly inaccurate. Coincidence the stores recommend the most expensive shoes to fix issues that do not exist. Corporate greed is behind stores pushing the most expensive shoes for most profit!
  • Hello guys! I am running on a treadmill 20k per week on average I have a pair of Saucony which is ok but I am planning on ivnesting on a new good pair of running shoes. Would you recommend Asics or Nike? I am between those 2

Thanks in advance :smiley:
  • Since starting running a year ago from scratch, basically c25k I have tried various brands of running shoes from Brooks, Asics & Saucony,
    I went to Up and Running the local running shop and they said I need a stability shoe as I was over pronating, any way 18 months later I am now doubting that advice a little bit.
    Has anyone else been incorrectly set up with stability running shoes when neutral would have been ok?
  • I recently started wearing Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19, initially standard D width but they skinned my little toe so sent them back and got 2E width.

I've always worn half a size bigger than my dress shoe size but have found that my toes are stubbing when running downhill with the big toe now being bruised.

Does this mean they're too big or too small? Does anyone wear a full size bigger in running shoes?
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Carnmore - most runners I know go up a full size for running shoes.   

You might also want to look at lock lacing, tying your laces that way can stop your foot sliding to the front of the toe box on downhills.   I use elastic laces and that helps keep the foot snug and in place, thus preventing blisters.
  • Hi

New to this forum- and not sure how to start a new thread- but I have a credit note for £125 for up&running. If anybody is in the market for some new shoes/clothing/accessories and would like to buy it from me please let me know.

I currently don't need anything new- so would rather have the cash! It's valid til next June 2020.

Many thanks
  • I like low drop shoes, but it was an acquired taste.
  • <div><span>I’m looking for new running shoes and thinking of moving away from asics, I currently run in kayanos and ds gels for shorter runs. I’m probably classed as a heavier runner as I’m over 100kg although I run quite a lot. I’m looking at on but when your paying over £100 for shoes I’m in 2 minds whether to change or not so anybody’s thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated</span>
    </div>
  • @StevePritch I am also running in Kayano's but getting calf aches on shorter runs in both legs, ran about 400km in them and only recently had issues. What are the DS gels like? Let me know if you get any recommendations for other brands.
  • New balance beacons are a great shoe
  • Hiya.
    Apologies but I can't seem to find the way to make a new post.
    I have recently started running more after dipping in and out over the last few years. For the last 5 years I have only done short runs as part of workouts, wearing CrossFit shoes.

I currently have a pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire 7's. They need replacing but I can't get my gait checked at any shops because of lockdown and I don't want to spend £100+ on the wrong type of shoes. I think I underpronate judging by all my shoes (wear on the outside edge and roll into the toe.
    My question is therefore: 1/ Should I just keep training in my old shoes? 2/ Get some cheap runners for a few weeks 3/ Take a punt on new shoes?
    Thanks
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Give Andy at Humber Runner a ring. He has forgotten more about running than most of us know! He should be able help, he will also know what shoes he can actually get at the moment. I have no affiliation with the shop, just buy my trainers from there. 

Don't buy cheap trainers! 
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Hoyboy - were you happy with the Wave Inspire, did you feel they were right for you?   

Wave Inspire are for mild overpronators, other shoes also for mild overpronators are Brooks GTS Adrenaline, Saucony Guides, Asics GT1000 or GT2000.   There are others of course, but these I am familiar with.

It's not reliable to look at the wear pattern on the outer soles.  A wet foot test is perhaps more reliable.  
  • Can anyone advise me what shoes to buy? I’m starting up running - new year resolution and all that. The problem I have is that my big toe nail wears through the upper of all my shoes, and I mean everything I wear - doc martens boots even. A pair of trainers with a fibre upper have a hole after about a month of just walking around. I need a shoe with a toe protector across the upper. Is there one I should try? I see someone recommended NIKE TRIAX. Is there anything else, preferably entry level price wise?
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    CArchibald - many of the bigger online retailers of running shoes have online chat, why not use that and ask, they should know.
  • Hi,

I have bought running shoes (New Balance Fresh Foam 1080) one and a half years ago from a specialized store where they also did an analysis of the way I run.

After 800+km the shoes feel a bit worn. I uploaded a picture of the back of the shoes here: https://imgur.com/a/6FSkyD0.

Based on this, can anybody make some recommendations on what shoes would be good for me going forward?

Thanks.
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Nation - 800km is a decent amount of mileage for a shoe, that's 500 miles.   I haven't looked at the photo, you should paste it not put up a link that doesn't work and requires a copy and paste.

I've recently bought 2 pairs of the NB1080v10 and love them, the v11 has just been released but the reviews say it's much the same as the v10.
  • Hi Shades,

Thanks for your message. I have uploaded the picture of the soles of the shoe.

N
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Nation - thanks for the pic.

I'm not surprised the soles are showing signs of wear, the sole of the 1080's feel quite soft.    But although the outer sole is worn what matters is the cushioning, if you feel that has reduced then time to look around for some new shoes.

This is the website I use to help me choose shoes.   If you scroll down it will also show you shoes that are similar to the 1080's if that's what you want.   There are so many shoes to choose from now it's a time consuming task.

New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 v10 - Deals (£106), Facts, Reviews (2021) | RunRepeat
  • Help... I've been running for about 5 years now. Run on the road 5/6km 3 times a week. I always buy New Balance but I fancy a change in brand. Because of covid restrictions I have to buy online. So I ordered a pair of Brooks Adrenaline in wide and they're still to narrow. So I was looking at the Hoka! My feet are very wide and I have a small bunion, not painful but I don't want to aggrivate it. Anyone here have experience of Brooks or Hoka please?? I'm lost surfing the net! TIA
    PS I love a well cushioned shoe... 
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    I run in Adrenalines and I find them quite wide already without trying the wide fitting.   Hoka do a wide fitting in the Cliftons, I have a pair of those and I think they might not be wide enough for you.

Why not go on an online retailer's website and use the live chat, they should know which shoes/brands have a generous wide fitting forefoot that should fit you.
  • I'm also looking for shoe advice.

For several years have run in Nike vemero and been happy enough. Finding my new pair tight and possible narrow, I do have a wide, but small foot (male 6). I need a neutral shoe as I use custom made orthotics. Mileage is about 1200 per year. Any suggestions as an alternative to Nike. Any thoughts about New Balance?
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Donnie - I'd give you the same advice, use the live chat on an online retailer's website.
  • Hello all...I’m bran new here but have been trying to run for a few years. Yesterday I did a local trail 1/2 marathon it was tough, my £100 new trail shoes have given me issues and I’m quite cross about it...so the heel cup is very stiff with zigzag single line of stitching on the inside ( from heel collar to sole of shoe) this rubbed very well and blistered both of my heels...the top lace holes are metal which I think gave me hot spots and for the depth of the shoes from heel cuff to the sole was so stiff and restricted it bruised my foot ( so all round the ankle sock line ) making it very pain full running on uneven surfaces ....what do I do now, they are used so I don’t think I can send them back, and don’t want to sell them for someone else to have the same issue... they are a top brand too x
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    GoJo - presumably you'd done a few training runs in the shoes and they were OK then.

I would suggest you get some well cushioned socks and just use them for shortish training runs.

Frustrating as you'd paid a fair bit for them.  If they are Hoka and you bought them direct I think they have a 30 day trial period.
  • <div><span>I’m looking to purchase the shanghai endorphin speed running shoes for my wife. Unfortunately they only have them in men’s but the colour way is a lot nice than the others. She is a woman’s size uk 6…. Do they size the same as men, would a men’s size 6 fit? </span>
    </div>