Wednesday 15th August 2018-When the going gets tough

Morning,

Lyrics:When the going gets tough

Chick: Great photo you look strong and happy .Glad the Big girls pants helped with run.How are legs today?

SC: What a great weekend  did it all go okay no incident?

Benjy: thank you I have put together a weights programme which I started yesterday only hand weights and will build on it.Swimming is no good with boot and I hate swimming:-)

Em: Glad things are improving;-)

Ale: I just hope it is near that date I can resume running again

Have a great day:-)
ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Lovely pic Chick!
    What - steady lunchtime, coaching tonight
    Why - training again
    last rest - yesterday. Canned a run at lunchtime as legs heavy. Much needed I think.
    last hard - Sunday
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: I know two songs with these words!

WP: I have had too many false dawns so I don't put dates on things! Hope you can stay motivated to do your exercise routine: motivation and consistency are the keys, and both are hard work when injured! 

What: short run/walk plus fitness suite

Why: a winner never quits (and we are all winners!)
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Great pic, chick! 

Bit of a step backwards at the club last night.  Warmed up, did my drills and strides, everything seemed to be fine.  Had a 5 minute break before the session started and just as I started jogging for the first 30s, my sore knee completely seized up.  I limped the first 30s effort, tried to stretch but it was all too sore, so just came home for ice and ibuprofen, same again this morning.

Will see how things go today with a dog walk but very likely to rest from running. 

Lyrics, surely a yes from all today! 
  • Morning.

Focus on what you can do Poppy.

Sounds like a good packed weekend SC.

I didn't realise your knee was still troubling you Donaldo - you're doing some heavy training if you're not 100%. Has your term started again yet?

Hope yesterday's rest sorts you out Dustin. I thought today was going to be a rest day but felt better after waking Grace so settled for a very easy run instead.

I can only think of one song with these lyrics Alehouse - you've made me doubt myself now.

My back/shoulder was the most painful it's been for a very long time last night, a consequence of my DIY I guess (though I feel that what I'm doing is very little) so I wasn't sure what I'd manage this morning but fortunately it had settled a bit.

What:           short and easy
    Why:            I could
    Last hard:    managing back/shoulder pain and spasms
    Last rest:     12/6

Lyrics - I thought I did until Alehouse's comment.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Take care, Don! Not sure that track work a day or two after a couple of back to back long runs is the best way to go! And I, also, was wondering when you are back at work? Presumably you will be in for exam results? 

Glad that the back and shoulder eased for your run, LMH. One of mine ached this morning: almost certainly from ironing yesterday afternoon!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Exam results were out in early August up here.  All good this year.

Back at work officially next Monday but in and out all the time.

Not made it out a walk yet! 
  • Donaldo: What Ale said
    Ale: Fastine lente as we know. Agree re-false dawns.
    LMH: Hope it eases soon and enjoy the short one
    Steady as you go Dustin
    WP: Episode free weekend but...
    Race report: Rose Inn 4 mile series
    Set off looking for sub 28 as had done 28.30 last time and managed a 6.30 in the spring mile
    1st K felt good at 4.07 and settled down to keep an eye on club mate ahead. He stretched so I did to for a 4.02...bit brisk and eased to 4.09. HR being well behaved and sub 165 but climbed to 170ish so pulled down to 4.18. Found a small group to hang on to and went through 5k in 4.16 keeping all under control. HR climbing again so pulled back to 4.26in click 6. Last 400 went for a wee increase in speed and in last 50m pinged to 252. Quick lie down at the finish, legs in the air, couple of valsalvas and back under control to celebrate respectable 27.32 and 9/22 category, 81/210 overall. Definitely not a race for non-runners, very clubby, and lots of sub 24's (26) with the winner in 19.05.  Not bad after a busy weekend methinks but need more base miles to keep HR down and must remember not to get carried away
    Lyrics: Indeed
    What: Recovery run
    Why: See above
    Last Hard: Last Night
    Last Rest: Monday
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon
    I promise you this is true... I was just doing a boxing up job quite randomly and I was singing the song of today's lyrics!!! I come on here and think - ooh spooky!! So yes I know them...
    SC wow well managed I don't know how you do it!! know what you mean about clubby runs!
    LMH hope aches and pains ease up, Oh maybe I am singing the wrong song!!
    donaldo, sorry to hear about your knee! Hope it eases up
    alehouse, hope the run walk was good
    dustin enjoy the steady lunchtime,e, you probably have by now!
    Poppy, hope you enjoy the weights programme

what: 5k race later, hoping to maybe be a tiny bit quicker and definitely not slower than last week
    why: why not
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • 5 miles done and dusted. Bit jaded. Thinking about a rest day tomorrow as have a 10k on Friday night with parkrun Sat morning...decisions. Maybe do Friday as a fun run
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Poppy: I don't blame you for hating swimming. I'm not too keen myself although it has helped me on my long road back to recovery. Upper body work with weights should definitely help. At least you have a really strong base with all those miles of late.
    Legs are getting there I think. Although I was incredibly tired this morning and went back to bed instead of running. I did go to the gym at lunchtime though.

Dustin: Enjoy coaching

Ale: A winner never quits - I like that

Don: Sorry to hear about your knee trouble. Hope it settles.

Ouch LMH. What DIY did you do? Glad you managed a short run despite being in pain.

SC: Phwoar, that's some superfast ks. I've said it before but it's just great to see how you manage running and racing with your heart condition. Just brilliant. THUD for the winning time of 19 mins :o You're racing a lot ;)

Good luck, wabo

What: half an our on the TM at lunchtime
    Why: feeling too rough this morning
    Last hard: waking up
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: I think so but some comments make me think I'm barking up the wrong tree ...

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Short run completed. May do some gym work later: need to stretch my Achilles if nothing else. 

Chick: a fuller quotation...
    A quitter never wins
    A winner never quits 

Possibly an even fuller quotation tomorrow!

Well done, SC: you seem to be going well at present, incidents apart! I have never been able to race as often as that!

And go well, Wabo!
  • What: An Sgurr (Eigg)
    Why: we're here and it's there
    Just waiting for boat back to Arisaig now
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest Saturday
    Lyrics sound familiar but no

Well done SC (bet you told the first aid guys you were "just fine" too!)
  • Nice racing SC. I think a rest day to freshen up for the weekend would be a good idea.

Race well Wabo.

chicksta - we are having a new kitchen, new suite in the downstairs loo and all the walls downstairs skimmed and floors replaced whilst we are on holiday (from the end of September). I have to do all the prep work - empty the downstairs, remove dado rail, strip wallpaper, take tiles off in the loo etc. I can only manage half an hour or so at a time so it's slow going - hence starting early. I've taken the day off it today to let my back settle (plus it was my long day in work).

How does your knee feel after your walk Donaldo?

Glad you managed a run Alehouse.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That's a lot of work LMH. I'd probably put it on MyHammer and have a strong young man do it ;)

Forgot to disclose yesterday's lyrics: Sweat, David Guetta feat. SnoopDogg
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    WP sorry to hear about your foot

Chick, nicely airborn there in your pic :-)

KOP today again, all went well and yes in a lot of pain..... so will now no longer be doing race the train on Sat as 10k off road is too much according to the KOP, but am allowed to do parkrun..... so a new Welsh parkrun on Sat for us, will be my firsts run of the week too as having a mini break as well....

Looking forwards to hols for a long weekend

Take care all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    So happy
    Did quicker again this week, 28.57, last week was 29.43. I didn't feel so great as Saturdays 5 but I just didn't want to do a slower time so I kept an eye on the pace and didn't let it slow! They did it in reverse as well which i usually find harder. I did a mile warm up, think it helped. 
    Rfj, enjoy the Welsh park run
    Lmh great way to get house done on holiday

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can