Tuesday, 28 August 2018 - Come on, who can, who can, can hear the bass drum?

Morning :)

Lyrics today: Come on, who can, who can, can hear the bass drum?

Hoping for a 10 miler but it's still pitch black out there :(

Comments

• Morning.

Winter seems to be approaching far too quickly chicksta  :( Hope you managed to get your miles in.

What:           MLR
    Why:            not running long this week
    Last hard:    waiting for my back to get back to normal
    Last rest:     19/8

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Good luck with your 10 miler Chick it is dark and not light here till around 6am where as when I was out running it was 5.15.

LMH: Good luck on MLR  wont be long for your half?

Back is achy so no crunches will look at some hand weights and knitting :)if it eases off will try 50 crunches.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were "What's Up?", 4 Non Blondes

Lyrics: not today

What: Tuesday is big stretch day

Why: Pilates session this evening. Have time to run but won't be: Achilles and calf creaking.

How was the half, SC?

And I bet you smiled, and more, during the second half, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Well it's now officially winter: dark when I get on the train
    That said I did manage a few hours in the garden yesterday after a torrential wipeout on Sunday!

What - steady lunchtime, coaching tonight
    Why - recovery, schedule
    last rest - 2 weeks
    last hard - Saturday's track I guess. 
    Sunday was 16 easy over the fields and woods, yesterday 9 miles on hills plus 3 last night recovery.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING ALL

Dustin well managed with teh garden, I also sneaked mine in on Saturday just before it teemed down, phew, enjoy your steady and coaching!
    alehouse, I watched it at my son's he made us all wear a spurs shirt, lol! So happy with that result!! not so happy with the new stadium progress. enjoy your stretching!
    WP, oh I love knitting I always want to but never find thetime, have a good day and I hope your back eases up
    LMH, your back too, enjoy your mlr
    Chick, hope you've got out for the 10!

I did another 5k yesterday, 28.42, think I'd have been quicker but I stopped to high 5 cleo and lyla and it messed up my pace for a bit. But a good strong race again and then did 2k kids run with Cleo bless her and Lyla in the buggy pushed by my mate, they both got medals!

What: 1.5 miles am, going to fit in another 2 later
    why: just keeping going
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

Off to Crete Thursday, worrying about keeping my streak going, it's not easy there, no pavements etc.  OH promises me we'll sort it ;-)
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Wabo: Another strong race, well done.

Dustin: Packing in the miles. What's next for you?`

LMH: Is your half this weekend?

Ale: Being sensible is key. Enjoy Pilates.

Poppy: Hope your back eases. My osteo told me not to do crunches as it upsets the back easily. She says abs are holding muscles, so better ab exercises would be planks (which obviously you can't do with the foot) and v-sits (in yoga it's the boat pose).

What: 10 miles done, just as it began to get light
    Why: 10 is the new 5
    Last hard: realising how much shorter the days are
    Last rest: 21/6
  • Good afternoon all.
    Hand weights and knitting Poppy? I'd rather crunch :-). Enjoy and you too with the Pilates Ale. Some good running over the weekend Dudtin/Emz/Wabo. Have fun on the run LMH. Impressed with a 100 in the dark Chicksta. Stave off the winter and bring back a warm spell please!
    Well Sunday was fun, yes, really. Sat night bit of pasta with beer and wine and couple or more beers afterwards in the interests of carbo loading. Woke up to the weather as forecast: dreich would be an understatement. Started bad and fell away. Thought about heading out for a 1.50-2.00 but it was too cold and
    wet so aimed for the 1.45 pacer and got by him at 3 miles. Knew there were a few undulates and one biggy to come so needed some spare in the tank for that. After a slow first K kept them turning over sub 4.30's until the uphills began. Snuck in a 4.59 and 4.57 before the 6.07 hill during which 1.45 man passed me by. Can't be having that, I thought so on the downhill reeled him in keeping sub 4.45's for the next 5k before 3k of gentle rise and nearer 5's. That's the thing about span bridges going up then down :-). Picked up in the last 2k by which time my gear was weighing at least three times as much as the start. (The leggings were skin tight and black at the start! I don't do cold) Finished 1.42.07 and 258/1360+ so very happy especially as no issues. Got to be happy with that but I'm a runner and 1m/m off pb so wasn't at first and I could have really run sub 1.40 but any blip and it could easily have been a 1.50. Talked to self, gave self pat on the back and let myself off gently. See below for thumbs up for club mate marshaling and taking pics for 3.5hrs!!! The speedy guy behind was in the 10k which started an hour after us but shared the last 3k to finish!
    Lyrics: Nope
    What: Wee jog
    Why: Club tonight
    Last Hard: Holding back being sensible on Sunday
    Last Rest: Yesterday

Image may contain one or more people people standing outdoor and water
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    You should be pleased with that SC, particularly in that weather!

And well done on another 5k, Wabo. 

EMZ: no tickets for Edgbaston. Went on sale at Lancashire at 9; sold out by the time I got through at 10...and I am a priority customer! Can't have been allocated many tickets. Saves me a small fortune though.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That does not look like fun SC but I'm so pleased you had an incident free race and managed superb time especially considering the carb loading and need to be sensible.

Glad you got your ten in chicksta, next Sunday for my half - the 9th.

Another race and a another holiday Wabo - nice! Has your OH recovered?

Sounds as though we had the same weather on Sunday Dustin - though it sounds as though it didn't put you off running.

Sorry your back is still playing up Poppy.

What's going on with your calf and achilles Alehouse? Have you worked it out?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Wow SC that looks tough, well battled and glad you were nice to yourself
    LMH, amazing how his hand has recovered!! He is back to normal now.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse I am at 32 or 33 races will I do it I wonder?
  • That's good news Wabo.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    well done SC - great performance
    LmH - dodged the rain on Sunday. It started the minute I got in: filled the kettle, looked out the window, and then the rain started...
  • Nicely done Dustin!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Great stuff, SC. And even better there was no episode. I would have lost the will to live in that weather...

Perfect timing, Dustin

Berlin e-mail with number just arrived - 19 days to go ...