Wednesday, 5 September 2018 - When you gonna stop breaking my heart

Morning :)

Lyrics today: When you gonna stop breaking my heart

Yesterday's were Zucchero- No more regrets

It has a line about false dawns in there so I picked it for ale :)

What: 6 more sluggish miles
Why: taper
Last hard: taper
Last rest: Monday

Comments

• Morning,

Chick I guess tapering is going well?

I forgot to post yesterday but nothing  exciting just some hand weights.

SC: Tartan cap off course should be even easier to spot:-)

What: Hobbling around Supermarket for some bits
    Why: saving myself for tomorrow's walk
    Last Hard: Foot
    Lyrics Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chicksta lyrics no, hope the 6 miles aren't too sluggish. 
    WP, how you doing? 

What well oh is going to run with me he says. Also the sea looks so calm so a short sea swim is on the cards
    Why can't keep eating and drinking without exercise!!! 
    Last hard yesterday's swim tbh
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Loving this holiday. Not really loving the run here though. It's the same one every day really and can't be helped. Not looking forward to going home but the thought of Epping forest run and the family helps
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Sorry didn't post yesterday was a bit manic, building website with new software, links refused to work, (on a learning curve with new system), wasted loads of time, but guess not as learning new process, then swimming for eldest, taekwondo for youngest and taekwondo for myself.

Welsh: It is great to see you are still moving, I was thinking while I was away how you were doing.

Chicksta: Jogette, like it, you devise your own lexicon, (cocky runners getting chicked was a notable one). I might start adding ette to most things now. I do tend to find to add drama to a person's name I add 'and the lost city of gold', try it take a name it makes them sound exciting 'Roy Cropper and the lost city of gold' or simply (namehere)tron2000 for a robot like demeanour.

SC: Did you go to the Derby TKD competition, our instructor Matt spent the day umpiring and two of our members came back with some bling, they are some weighty medals.

Ale: Love the ferry pic. Motion of a treadmill and a ferry, good chance of seeing breakfast again.

LMH: Mrs B had to defer to next year I’m afraid (GNR), just wasn’t going to happen. She originally did it for a her mother she lost to cancer the previous year and a bit and to raise funds. But then the double-whammy of her dad developing prostate cancer in May put everything in life in to disarray, taking him for the 80 mile round trips for appointments, home/evening care and surgery recovery care at home and follow up appointments, whilst holding down a secondary school teaching job. She met her fund raising target but knew it would be a sponsored walk. Spoke to Caner Research as worried, they were more than happy to defer as they get another year fundraising, which means she can raise more for them. Her dad’s surgery went well (as can be) about 15 incisions for the removal surgery about two months ago, has been able to take himself for walks the last two weeks. We were unsure if we were going to be getting away originally. I did suggest we could get the place transferred to me,  but wouldn’t be the challenge it is supposed as she really wants to do it  for herself.

Dustin: Manchester looks good, I might look in to that for next year. I don’t know if I fancy York for a fourth year in a row.

Ale: Good to see still moving, and yes Scarborough was a blazer Sunday, now it is murky, I should be careful what I say as the tourist board spin is that it is sunny all year round.

What: 13, 14 or 15, whichever time permits after school drop off

Why: Need to be 13 and above, 18.5 Saturday

Lyrics: Disappointed in myself

• Morning all
    Treadmill on a ferry, like it. You can tell we're getting old, as the wife and I were talking about a river cruise next year. Naturally I said there will need to be a gym (treadmill)!
    Benjy - sounds like the right thing for the missus to do, that's an awful lot of support she's given.
    LmH/Chick - The only time I've been to Berlin there was still a wall (would have been 1985 I think). Was also the first time I went on an aeroplane!
    Ale - Thought of you yesterday when I saw the cricket scores: couple of old mates had gone to Kent - I used to be a member when I lived that way - where 18 wickets fell, then I saw that 22 had fallen at the Somerset/Lancs game!

What - steady lunchtime run, depending on how the legs are, I may have a wander up to Olympic Park.
    Why - Paarlauf run/coaching yesterday
    last rest - Monday
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - nope

• Morning!

Yes, hardly a four day pitch at Taunton, Dustin!

Thanks for yesterday's lyrics, Chick...and I don't know today's either. 

Will be thinking of you tonight Wabo when I am out with my mate from Watford!

What: half an hour on the anti-gravity treadmill

Why: have bought ten more sessions. Aiming for a progressive run at 90% bodyweight.

Back later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Busy here this morning.

Strangely I thought I started the thread earlier - no idea what happened there, technological fail on my part I expect. Ah, mystery solved, posted it in the wrong section, was obviously not fully awake.

I'm sorry to hear that Mrs B had to defer Benjy but sounds like the right decision and hopefully she'll be in a better place to run it next year. Hope your MLR goes well.

It's just the taper chicksta, keep the faith.

Enjoy the a-g run Alehouse.

Got to keep on moving Poppy!

Do you have a hire car Wabo or is there a bus you could take to run somewhere different?

That made me smile Dustin. Maybe you could just run alongside the boat instead?

What:             short and easy/gym
    Why:              taper/trying to prevent age related muscle loss
    Last hard:      this wallpaper is proving to be stubborn
    Last rest:       19/8

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon!

What: decent progressive 30 minute run on the a-g treadmill with 5 miles in total...
    5 mins @ 7:30 mins per mile
    5 mins @ 6:40 mins per mile 
    5 mins @ 6 mins per mile 
    5 mins @ 5:27 mins per mile
    5 mins @ 5 mins per mile
    5 mins @ 6 mins per mile

Why: adjust bodyweight to 90% to reduce injury risk. Strange warming down at 6 minute miling!

Lots of cross training here with cutting back hedges. Not that you can see where I've been there is so much to do. Pleasant sunny day; won't last.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Wow Benjy that's an awful lot for Mrs b hope she's ok. What a busy day you have
    Alehouse that running sounds amazing it must feel strange!! 
    We do have a hire car lmh but the trouble is you want the run  early preferably. We aren't getting out really early tbh! Plus I am keen not to let my streak be a pain to oh. He's great though. It's lovely where we are but there is a really busy road we'd have to take for me to run somewhere else. I just know I get it done somehow! Not on the beach though it's way too hard, we tried today. So it was just a mile today, more tomorrow plus another epic swim planned
    Alehouse oh dear Watford, well deserved tho

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    So I can run down to the beach and along a mile out and back then come back up. Roads have no pavements, and tbh you have to be cautious running alone right? 
    But I'm getting it done . Oh has walked along the same road or even driven so we've worked it out
  • That looks stunning, wabo. Wow. Small sacrifice to trade in running comfort for a holiday place like this.

Poppy: I don't like tapering because I always feel crap when I do and rubbish runs ahead of my goal marathon just mess with my head. It's normal for most of us but I just can't get used to it :wink:

Hugs to Mrs. Benjy. What an awful lot to have on your plate. Great to hear that Cancer Research are granting their runners enough flexibility.

Dustin: being stuck on a ship is my idea of hell ;) I need to be able to move around freely.

Ale: I want a portable anti g treadmill for Berlin so I can get around at 6 minutes miling :D
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    What: 5 km
    Why: mini tapering ahead of Saturday
    Last hard: feeling like I'm coming down with something and my legs hurting, oh must be coming up to a big run then!
    Lyrics: nope
    Wabo stunning pic
    Benjy that's a lot to deal with
    Ale envious of the anti-gravity treadmill!

Btw, cake eating counts as carb loading right :tongue:, baked 3 cakes now from Sunday's fruit, plus crumble every night.

Have a lovely evening all
  • We feel your pain Wabo, it must be so hard! ;)
    emzap of course and one of your 5-a-day too!

What: lunchtime swim around wreck (between surgeries) then 400m reps at track this evening
    Why Wednesday is track day and nice day for sea swim (again) with friends
    Last hard: commute run to track
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics: no