Thursday 6th September 2018 You got me runnin'

Morning! Just!

Lyrics: You got me runnin' goin' out of my mind

What: fitness suite plus short run

Why: consistent consistency. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

I feel much the same emzap - headache, sore throat, wondering why my legs don't feel bouncy and I'm not running faster despite the reduced miles and no excuse to carb load as it's only a half. Give me a marathon any day.

No adverse effects from your longer run then Alehouse?

I think you're right not to let your streak get in the way of enjoying your holiday Wabo. I guess I'm fortunate with Mark running too as when we're away we like to find different places to run. I'm counting down to Florida, we're going to a different part this year so some exploring to be done.

What:           short and easy/physio
    Why:            taper/maintenance (hoping she can sort my back mostly)
    Last hard:    not putting on lots of weight this week
    Last rest:     19/8

Lyrics - feel I should but can't say yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

What: a hobble along the seafront max 3 miles
    Why: To earn my lunch
    Last hard: Broken foot
    Lyrics: Yes

Looking forward to the fresh air and watching and smelling the sea and seaweed.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning all
    what - Easy Thursday - junior coaching a couple of miles max for me
    why - recovery. Longer lunchtime yesterday: Olympic Park loop, just over 9 miles. Coached in the evening but still managed to chalk up another 4 miles.
    last rest - Monday
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - I want to say yes...
  • That sounds lovely Poppy - enjoy.

A good day's training yesterday Dustin, you're still cranking out the miles - what's next race wise?
  • Chicksta: It is a weird thing taper, I don’t like it, it makes me think why have I done all these long miles, I’m taking a step back, so know what you are getting at. Regarding Cancer Research, they were really happy with her doing another year, after everything it generates more income for them and the gusto of another dreadful instance in her life. She was determined to run it (well more like run-walk) but it was myself that suggested she defer, the original idea was to raise funds and have a goal to work towards and get in to running as regular thing thereafter, I could see that this would have been something she would have done and then thought this running lark is crap I’ve done the run now instead of being actually ready and then keeping it up thereafter. Best getting back in to the routine of the local running club, they are marvellous folk.

Wabo: Know what you are saying about the roads, that was the same for me in Ireland, felt like I was trapped on an island of the small town I was stopping in. Major difference though was the weather, looks mighty fine where you are enjoy that aspect!

Emz: Cake certainly is carb-loading, especially carrot cake and hazelnut cake, don’t know about blancmange though.

Ale: That looks great going on the AG, must be pretty uplifting on the spirit to do that.

Welsh: Great stuff! Keep it up, inspiring.

LMH: Enjoy the short run today

Dustin: Good extra mile scoop there!

Yesterday did 13.25, time was against me as had stuff to do, but then half an hour later after getting home thought damn! why didn’t I just do an extra 1.75 and make it 15, it’s only another 15 mins in the grand scheme of things. But then again we all know that feeling.

What: Just a get out at lunchtime today, looking at 7 miles with running partner Jeremy Vine

Why: break from home working

Lyrics: Sean Bean says yes

• Morning, again!

Still a slight niggle to the right calf, LMH. Foam roller d & d. Will repeat later.

An hour or so of cutting back ivy also d & d. Now pouring. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sounds promising Alehouse.

Benjy - better to do slightly less yesterday and be recovered for your long run. 

Short but not easy run this morning, felt good in my bouncy new shoes so did a fast (for me) four miles.
  • Benjy: No officiating since world's but may do Welsh in December. Bit of  aharsh start back with those milesGood progress Ale and WP. The joy of taper LMH/Chicksta. I've given up as never allowed to run hard so every race entered is now a glorified training run :-). Relay was a bit of a hot with our team 45/116 and times of 13:02/13:07/12:45(me) for the 1.91 mile lap. I even managed a couple of stops for schoolboy errors(Loose laces). Recovery seven yesterday. I think we upset some people being so old and running in Kilts!Image may contain 2 people including Alan Robertson people smiling people standing shoes and outdoor
    What: Club run
    Why: Finally getting to one
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: Yes
  • I love your running kit, SC :D  Bloody brilliant. What happened to the poor girl in the pic? She looks like she's about to throw up ...

Poppy: You got me yearning for the sea now. Oh, the smell of seaweed. It's just wonderful.

Em/LMH: I wonder what's the physiology behind feeling so crap during taper. Or maybe it's just psychology ... and it's all in the head. I felt really sick last night and thought I was coming down with a stomach bug. Finally went back to sleep in the early hours, woke up and felt fine. So weird.

Benjy: Well done on your 13+ miler.

What: mile reps (3 of them) on the TM
    Why: Leg speed
    Last hard: those were but chuffed with my paces (6:23, 6:21, 6:16). Finally splits with a 6 in them although I'm conscious that TMs can't be relied on. But I worked hard and had the incline set to 2%.
    Last rest: 3/9
    Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were Edward Mayo - Stereo Love for no particular reason. I couldn't think of any lyrics and this was played on the radio.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Lmh, hope it's no serious lurgy!!
    WP how's the foot I hope the hobble was ok?
    Chicksta I honestly think you picked a song I have never heard of. Hope TM was good 
    SC love the photo!!! 
    Lmh bouncy new shoes got to love them! 
    Alehouse enjoy the fitness and short run if you do
    Good news today, Jodie's platelets are remaining good after being off steroids!!

What run done this morning, phew! 2 only
    Why keep streak alive and holiday lovely
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 31/12/16
    We've both had an amazing massage on the beach -me feet and legs oh back
    Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    That's what a back massage on the beach does 
    ??
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Your miles were faster than mine chicksta!

All in the head I think Wabo, at least I'm hoping it's just taper madness. How long do you have left on holiday?

Nice pic SC - I expect there were some unimpressed at being beaten by those they didn't consider to be 'taking it seriously'  :)
  • Mine were eyeballs out LMH whereas 6:20 ish is probably your HM pace,  right?
  • Great photo SC I love it:-)

Benjy: Is JV a good training partner...LOL

I am happy to report 3.89 miles walked at 24mm pace an improvement on Sundays 30mm. No lunch out ah well never mind next time which will be Sunday.Coffee overlooking the sea was amazing;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Great photo and kit SC
    Sometimes there is a prize for "1st in tartan" or "best tartan outfit" in Scottish races!

2 swims and a funeral (surgeon emeritus) for me. 2nd swim being a little wilder.
    last hard: commute to track last night
    Last rest: friday
    Lyrics seem familiar but no