Tuesday 11th September 2018 - You're ruling the way that I move

Morning.

Lyrics - You're ruling the way that I move

A rest will have done you more good than trying to do a session for the sake of it chicksta. Hope you have your bounce back this morning.

What:            short and easy
Why:             recovery
Last hard:     not doing more
Last rest:      19/8

Yesterday's lyrics - A Friend I Call Desire by Ultravox.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Blimey Ultravox, would never have got it unless it was Vienna.

Ale: Not John Shuttleworth by any chance?

Quite a speedy (for me) 7 last night, was quite surprised.

What: Not sure TKD tonight, either gym session or run before 'werkin

Why: A 22 planned for Friday, so don't want to run Thurs, but ran yesterday, always like to run two days in a row with a gym session to break it up, my week schedule has all gone to pot... I think it has to be gym today then a 10 tomorrow, no run Thurs... yep, I've got it sussed now.

Lyrics: Blimey no.

Isn't it dark on a morning now?
  • Morning! Dark and wet.

Lyrics: no

Benjy: Graham Fellows/John Shuttleworth and most importantly Jilted John. 

What: fitness suite plus short run

Why: being careful
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That sounds like a sensible plan Benjy. Yep, taking ages to get light of a morning  :(

I was about 20m from home with Grace when the heavens opened Alehouse. I think my run may wait a while.
  • Morning all, 
    LmH - I totally understand your reasoning. Many of the spring marathon guys race XC at least until the new year (County Champs are usually first week of January), then cut back racing xc a bit. Obviously I'd know nothing about the distances you'd need to travel, but I think in the Hampshire league, furthest is about 50 miles.
    I usually race the Saturday then run long on tired legs on the Sunday.

What - Club session , hills
    Why - routine
    last rest - 8 days
    last hard - Sunday or yesterday (Queen of Pain)

• When I did run x-country the fixtures were on a Sunday Dustin which made it worse - didn't want to long run Saturday as that increases the risk of injuring myself racing tired on the Sunday. I should still be able to get a long run in during the week but it would drastically reduce my mileage and affect domestics for what a five mile race? I've just had a look at one of the clubs I was thinking of and they are in two Saturday leagues - but the start times are 1100hrs in one and 1325hrs in the other - which would write off Saturdays. The club I was previously a member of is still in a Sunday league though.
  • Morning again!

I prefer cross country on a Saturday so that it has less of an impact on the long Sunday run...although like all races it will have some impact. Manchester League is on a Saturday, LMH, if you want to sign on the dotted line. 

Still pouring here. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

lmh our races tend to be 2.30 saturday, no good for me if spurs are on!! enjoy the short and easy
    dustin enjoy the club and hills I did a couple of hills this morning 
    alehouse, have a good un today
    benjy glad you got it all sussed! 
    what: 1.6 this am, 3 off road pm
    why: wanted to
    last hard: the scales lying to me this morning - got on them before they were ready and oh my gosh!! reset and oh thats better
    last rest:  31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Wow, busy on here yesterday and today. Bring it on :)

1:45am, Benjy! Blimey. Almost time for me to get up to do my long run on a hot day :D  OK, I'm exaggerating a bit but I did get up at 3am on a couple of occasions to avoid the sun (and heat).
    You're packing in some nice mileage at the mo :+1:

Wabo: I'm never brave enough to jump on the scales post holiday...

Dark here too. I've switched to running around my workplace (and possibly the gym) again. By the time I get here it's no longer dark. Added benefit of no traffic at 5am.

LMH: I hear ya. I'm questioning my sanity every time I'm going to a race thinking why am I doing this. I'm quite happy with my training runs but at the end of the day we train to race at some point. I think it's us girls lacking testosterone that makes us less keen on racing. I also like to keep my weekends more or less free for stuff to do with other half and friends. I spend enough time away working long hours so the weekend is our together time which means a lot more to me than the odd race.

Legs surprisingly bouncy today. I ran way too fast but it felt good. Must reign myself in for the last couple of runs though.

What: 7 miles
    Why: legs said yes
    Last hard: slowing down
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no
  • I'm glad you scales saw sense Wabo.

I might be interested if race entry and accommodation were to be thrown in Alehouse  :) 

chicksta - I just let the pace be what it is when running in the taper and expect it to get quicker for the same effort as I freshen up. As long as you aren't trying harder you'll be fine and it's a nice confidence boost to see the pace coming down with the miles.

Just six miles for me this morning, legs definitely ease as I go but there's a fair bit of residual fatigue - must have tried hard.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Decided on another rest day yesterday as I was so tired.  Was worried about doing more harm than good.

What: 3km and physio in a min
    Why: coming back slowly
    Last hard: that 3 km was tough!
    Lyrics: nope

have a lovely evening all
  • Remember you ran a marathon a couple of days ago, Emz...in distance at least!
    Tense at the Oval!
  • A rest from running and swimming today. Bit of a cold and legs tired
    Badminton later.
    Cleared a lot of shrubbery from front of house in preparation for builders doing repair work.

Lyrics no