Wednesday 12th September 2018 the rain is gone

Morning! And a late start!

Lyrics: the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way

And I hope the rain has indeed gone. Very wet overnight.

What: a run/walk of some description

Why: slowly building

Need to pop to opticians to get new glasses tightened otherwise it is probably an ironing and cleaning day.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Good morning 
    Double whammy this morning of rain and train cancellation. 
    Does make me laugh - there is an action group for local rails stops (SouthWest are trying to cut services) and it's page today is awash with comments about it's awful service. Strike days aside, the early train has run every day this year and the longest 'delay' was no more than 10 minutes. Annoying when you have to hang around for half an hour but it's a rarity, and it also means I can read all the cricket/football write ups rather just the main stories...
    I digress
    What - easy lunchtime, coaching tonight
    Why - legs mangled, routine
    last rest - 9 days
    last hard - last night. Opted for the track session last night: 3x800s off 90s recovery (3.03/3.01/3.01), 4x400s off 75s recovery (81,80,82,80), 4x200 off 60s (37,38,37,36)
    Times approximate, but definitely battered.
    lyric - possibly

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: rest
    Why: I have bruises from physio and ache all over!
    Last hard: guess!
    Lyrics: yrs
    Last piece of exciting news: Steve Cram's coming to pitchcroft parkrun on Saturday!

Have a lovely day all.
  • What work then track this evening
    Heavy rain here to today
    Relative rest yesterday with just badminton
    Lyrics no
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Chicksta: Echo your post yesterday, did a 7 Monday and was feeling really spritely and quicker than usual. Would have gone further but time was against me.

Ale: Tiptop on the John Shuttlworth (Graham Fellows), sometimes Tracks of My Years can be a bit rubbish, but last week when they said it was John Shuttleworth got quite excited. One of his most notable moments for me was when he had his home keyboard and was booked to do a gig for his world tour in Iceland, you knew what was coming, the punchline was expected and that in itself was the gag, the predictability of it,  and when he was sat outside a dreary Iceland supermarket with his Bontempi-esque Yamaha it was legendary.

Wabo: Result on the scales reset! Huge phew I imagine. Reminds me of the rationing story my gran used to tell me when a piece of bacon would be applied to the underside of the scales out of sight to create an imbalance by unscrupulous shopkeepers.

Emzap: You do right to have a rest, you must be knackered after all your great outcomes.

Dustin: I remember South West trains back in the 90s/early 2000s, they were ok then, maybe everything is just busier and more ‘streamlined’ these days, I hear it all on the news. Except when you got a Permit to Travel as no ticket office open and then the guard down the line starts accusing of fare dodging. Do they still do them? I imagine they are phased out these days. Great track sessions there, you must have jelly legs.

OH: Heavy rain? My favourite running conditions, send it down here.

Sorry lots of tangent talk there and not enough running. It’s as though I’m in a pub having a pint.

What: A 10 at lunchtime, up the railway track to the pub gate as it is 5 miles exactly, and then back.

Why: Want to run a straight line with out stop/starts with road crossings, junctions etc.

Lyrics: Oh yes! Phew!

• Not sure why there are huge spaces between lines, been happening with recent posts.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ha ha lyrics a big fat yes!!
    oh I love that your rest is with badminton, that would not be a rest for me lol! I'm rubbish
    emzap, bruises not so good, Steve cram very!!
    dustin, it does make you wonder about people always moaning! Have an easy day
    alehouse have a good run walk, tell me about glasses, one pair loose the other pair has lost the nose cushion bit!!

What: 1 mile done this am, tuck another one in later before I look after Giselle all alone
    why: her 4th birthday Friday and they want to go get her some pressies
    last hard: this morning 
    last rest: 31/12/16
    my good news, I put on just over 3lb on holiday and 1.5 is already gone :-) 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Good news on the weight Wabo. I like it when it falls off like that!

Some people don't know they're born Dustin - if a ten minute train delay is the worst thing that happens I think I'd call it a good day.

I like Steve Cram emzap - and my physio usually leaves bruises too.

I couldn't think of any lyrics this morning Alehouse - hence not starting the thread.

Tempted to pop in for a swift one at half way Benjy?  :)

Heavy rain here when I got up but it had gone through by the time I took Grace out so we had a dry walk and I had a dry run. Legs definitely getting better by the day though the left piriformis is still a PITA.

What:             short and easy
    Why:              recovering
    Last hard:      the headwind in the last mile on Sunday (you should see the pics)
    Last rest:       19/8

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning, morning.
    Weather patterns a bit mixed across the country it would appear. Clearish here. Glad it was dry LMH. Rest well Emz and allow yourself to recover. Enjoy the 10 Benjy. Hope you double up Wabo. Dustin: Imight get out to join you for an easy otherwise I'll drop back with Ale. Enjoy the track OH.
    Autumn mile was fun last night: End of lap one spiked and thought to drop out when I dropped back again. CStarted at the back of the 6-7 min group and was stilk there lap two. Lap three felt a bit more confident to push and believed I would beat the spring time. Two in fron had beaten me then and I could see signs of them weakening. Check of HR and reeeled them in halfway round three bfore taking on the last 100 and ready for lap four. Quick check and still sub 160 so time for some fun. Caught another two and finished mid pack in 6.13. A bit of an improvement although still disappointing as legs and lungs were fine. Little spike at the end but back under control in about five mins so no drama. On reflection, happy enough and with solid winter training should threaten sub six in the spring...then I'll be happy.
    What: Easy lunch miles
    Why: Still processing latest update
    Last hard: Long conversation with cardio on Monday night
    Last rest: 2nd Sep
    Lyrics: yes
  • Nice racing SC. Did the chat with the cardio make things any clearer?
  • Well done, SC! And what LMH said!

Looked for pics but couldn't find them, LMH! And the general consensus seems to be that the last 3 miles were indeed windy! So definitely more to come on the right day!

Gentle easy run and walk today around Chorlton Water Park. Sun was out but a bit breezy and just 11 degrees. For some reason my back and both hamstrings were really tight but at least the tightness was even. And got on the scales to find slightly better news than I had hoped. Had put on 20 lbs in the last 14 months; that is now down to about 15. Will feel happier when the "to lose" column is down to single figures! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • You're doing well with the weight loss Alehouse. Pictures were on the VoY HM FB page.
  • I forgot - yesterday's lyrics were Cherish The Day by Sade.
  • Well done on the weight loss, Ale.

Impressive mile time, SC.

How is Giselle doing, wabo? I love her name btw. It anyone asked me for a baby girl's name I'd say Giselle.

Hope your 10 went well, Benjy.

A parkrun with Crammie sounds exciting indeed, em.

What: 5 miles
    Why: taper
    Last hard: my left hammie is niggly - it's been like that for a few days. Still hoping it's all in my head and taper related
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: positive
  • I have the same spacing issue, Benjy. An Android thing?