Thursday 13th September 2018 Count the days into years

Morning...just!

Lyrics: Count the days into years
His eighty two brings many fears

Yesterday's lyrics were, "I can see clearly now", Johnny Nash. Sponsored by Specsavers. (Other opticians are available). 

Benjy: enjoying the Graham Fellows "Tracks of my Years" and each day is bringing back lots of memories. First knew him as a teenager not long before the Jilted John hit. No blue plaque outside the house, and nor is there one on the house opposite where our friend George Melly lived. 

And I am having a problem with spacing also. 

What: fitness suite plus a short run

Why: consistent consistency

And as I don't do facebook can't find any photos, LMH

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

I don't do it either Alehouse but Mark has a log in.

It's taper madness chicksta and even if it isn't you'll be fine on the flat at MP. Keep giving it a gentle stretch and maybe a little bit of heat. Do you have a sports massage pre-race? I try to have one on the Thursday before target races, give my legs time to recover!

What:            probably short and easy/maybe gym
    Why:             legs don't seem to want to do much more/haven't been this week
    Last hard:     it's taking a while to recover from the half
    Last rest:      19/8

Lyrics - not sure.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: probably 5 km depends how legs are feeling
    Why: taking a while to recover from 8.5 parkruns
    Last hard: 8.5 parkruns!
    Lyrics: not today

Have a lovely day all.
  • Morning and hi 

What: some run walk description
    Why: finding my inner runner self
    Last hard: last evening physio work on shoulder shoulder muscles and biceps very tight geez and abit of straightening shoulder out 
    Lyrics: No 
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Ale: Blimey Ale you have a royal flush there, went to see George Melly twice at Ronnie Scotts, then when I moved back up t'north he came to Scarborough and did a gig not long before he passed away, stopped for chat with everyone afterwards. Real character.

OH: Radio 2 Folk Show last night a band called Poozies had their new song 'Soaking in the Bathtub'. Really liked it, had a look at their website to see if they are playing anyway near in the future, but no, however tomorrow night they are at the Gable End Theatre, Orkney. Worth a pop along.

Pammie: I invested in a foam roller about 2 to 3 years ago for exactly the same reason, gone through three of them now, use it most days and works miracles. If you don't have one I'd reccomend one, not a short one but a wide one 70cms or more as the short ones go off in all directions.

LMH/Ale: I have in the last few months started a Facebook account just to promote my self-employed work, resisted it for so long but found it is the only way to get work in my field, so created a work page. Can't say it is a life advancement, this sounds miserable but life worked nicely before it. It is also the only way information is disseminated now for daughters clubs, swimming, dancing etc.

SC: Great going there, they seemed pretty mighty fine times to me. Shows you won't be held back.

Emz: 5k might be a nice limber back up recovery.

Chicksta: Thought it was just me, but I think we are all getting a little spaced out. (line spacing).

Got 22 miler tomorrow, so forcing a rest, although will be doing my stretching routines.

What: Stretching, pull ups, will probably pick up a kettlebell a few times

Why: Saving my hairy pins for tomorrow

Lyrics: Blimey no

• Morning again!

Thought you would get these lyrics, Benjy! You need to replay yesterday's edition of Ken talking to Graham Fellows! Re George Melly, he used to go into the same pub as we did as well as living opposite. And he was indeed a character!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Thanks Benjy. Do indeed have one yup a long one might have to dig it out 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Pammie, its in there, enjoy!!
    Lyrics no

Anyone like Stelly Dan?  I am off to see them with a running buddy in Feb - we're both excited!! It's at Wemblet Arena only downside...
    benjy have a good rest and I hope the 22 goes amazing tomorrow! I opted to not double yesterday, right choice
    Emzap I am not surprised the legs are slowly getting there, take care
    LMH enjoy your short and easy
    alehouse, enjoy your day, it's lovely to see you running again

what: just over 3 miles done early doors
    why: had to take oh to his first day college today and yoga later 
    last hard: this morning but very crisp and lovely!!
    last rest: 31/12/16

OH re training to be an electrician, brave boy!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Good on him Wabo. I'm still waiting to find out what I'd like to be when I grow up.

Benjy - I'm with you on FB, I will get by without it for as long as I can, same goes for a smartphone. The world is intrusive enough as is. I envy you tomorrow's long run, sensible to rest up today.

Pammie - my experience is that you need to be constantly working and stretching the shoulder. Mine will never be 100% because of the structural damage but you should be able to get yours fully functioning again. Hope you enjoyed the run/walk.

emzap - hope your legs feel better for a run, mine definitely appreciate it more than resting.

I seem to be recovering from Sunday which is nice. Hankering after an autumn marathon but it isn't going to happen.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I want to be a midwife when I grow up but I'm a bit too grown now LMH!!
    Steely Dan I meant
  • I bet it's not too late Wabo - you should go for it.
  • Lyrics: Nice one Ale....happy memories of that one...I'd love to hear the whole thing
    What: Not a lot
    Why: Journey from  hell today...5 hours to get to Bala..Road shut at the last mountain...about turn and detour! Hope it's quicker home.
    Last hard: Today
    Last rest: Today
    Wabo/LMH...I still don't know what I want to be. Yes to Steeley Dan. Good luck with the 22 Benjy. Bit soon?
    LMH/Ale....60-70% blockage so only moderate so onto statins. No need to worry apparently even though it's the LAD (Scare yourself and google) As I am in top 1% fitness grup for my age and don't get dizzy/faint/breathless/tired they are not too worried but will monitor. meanwhile drop the ldl cholestorol. (Never had a problem until now!) Apparently we naturally produce more as we age! Getting my head round it...I think
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Just a blowy swim out to the wreck so far.
    Why:Yasso 800s and a swim yesterday evening.
    Last hard: track
    Lyrics no

Thanks Benjy. However Gable End Theatre still a 30 minute ferry ride away on Hoy,
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    sadly at 60 I think it is too late LMH, I shoudl have done it age 42 when my daughter had her first - thats when I first thought I'd like to,  8 years of training
    SC what a lot to take in, it's good you are so fit though
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chicksta, lovely of you to ask after Giselle.  She's doing ok thanks. I spent a very happy couple of hours looking after her last night.  She's adorable, you have to know she cannot walk or talk but when we watched music and I held her under her arms, she started jumping about like mad to certain songs and you see her trying so hard to sing along, she screams and laughs and yells. Love her to bits 
  •  If you have the qualifications to get on a degree course it's only three years to qualify so even if you needed to do an access course that would mean four years rather than eight? Or would being a midwifery assistant be an option Wabo?

Lots of oats for you then SC:-) Hope you have a better journey home.
  • SC: it was hubby's LAD that shut when he had his attack ....be careful. His LDL isn't great eitherandand he's on statins. He's  never had any symptoms at all and cardiologist said he's so not the type to get an attack but then you never know what the insides of your arteries look like. Just be careful ...

+1 on foam roller

Wabo: glad to hear Giselle is such a happy bunny. Agree with LMH. Never too late :)

I want to be a pyrotechnician when I grow up.

Well it seems I really wrecked my hamstring. It's been niggly for a while which I put down to tapering. But it got worse. Yesterday I stretched and spiky balled it but it wouldn't release. Today it's mega sore. Didn't dare running on it. It hurts when I walk too. It doesn't hurt on stairs which is odd. Did a bit on the cross trainer today which was fine.
    Too bad my osteo is on hols. I went 2 weeks ago and all was good then.

Just praying for a not a miracle now.

• Oh no Chick! Hope all is right by Sunday. You have trained so well!
  • Careful Chick and I shall be too! Just over 3.5 hours back so went for a curry to assist tomorrow's training :-)