Friday 14th September 2018 - Standing in heaven

Morning.

Lyrics - Standing in heaven
            B
ut don't feel the light

Oh no chicksta - what do you think you did to it? Just rest up, massage, gentle stretch. Sending positive and healing vibes your way, you've worked too hard for this to spoil your day.

I hope you enjoyed the curry SC.

What:             short and easy
Why:              hoping to MLR tomorrow
Last hard:      dark mornings and evenings
Last rest:       19/8
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning,

Chick: I hope it settles down for you:-(

What: walk
    Why: All I can do
    Last hard: Really??
    Lyrics: Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LMH I do have a BA hons in child and youth studies but everything I look at points to full time studies, I have a mortgage so its not possible for me to not earn what I earn now! I will look more into it though.
    Chick sorry to hear about your hamstring hope it does ease up somehow, are you racing Sunday
    Went back to yoga last night and there was a trainee teacher, he was brilliant he really talked us through it which was so good as Jodie and I had just jumped in before!
    what: 1 mile done
    why: giselle is 4 today so I will get off at 3 and spend the day with them at a farm!
    Last hard: not really hard this morning tbh
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have  a good day all and great weekend

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Money's always the problem Wabo  :( Hope Giselle has a very Happy Birthday - enjoy your afternoon.

Not long now Poppy.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's lyrics were Excerpt from a Teenage Opera (Grocer Jack), Keith West. (Chosen by Graham Fellows as a track of his years on radio 2). 

What: fitness suite and short run

Why: need to stretch and to keep the runs easy as yet
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    have a good short run alehouse
    exactly LMH, maybe I'll come back as a midwife ;-)
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Lyrics: No
    What: Something
    Why: Need to
    Last hard: Coping with after effects of very nice curry
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Dashes off again.....
  • Straycelt said:
    Lyrics: No
    What: Something
    Why: Need to
    Last hard: Coping with after effects of very nice curry
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Dashes off again.....
    :D:D:D   That made me laugh out loud

Hope you had a nice MLR, LMH. If only I knew what I've done but I think yesterday's mega-soreness was the kind of "it gets worse before it gets better" because today - touch wood - it's loads better. Still daren't run on it but it's almost gone when I walk. So I must have been able to release it somehow even if there was no screaming out in pain moment before the pain miraculously disappears. I may try a teensy joggette tomorrow and then let race adrenaline take care of it on Sunday.

Wabo: enjoy the birthday celebrations.

Ale: Are you managing daily runs by now.

OK, must dash. I was roped into a new project and supposed to work this weekend but I managed to convince them that this was a bad idea. Instead I got in early to get a head start. So far, so good. Hoping to escape for a quick breather in the gym (cross trainer) as I doubt that sitting on my ass for 12 hours helps my recovery!
  • Sounds like an interval session for you SC  :)

That sounds very positive chicksta. Short and easy for me today as I'm hoping to MLR tomorrow. A strange run, I'm tired, legs felt stiff and heavy (possibly after yesterday's gym? ) and yet the mile splits are coming in far quicker than I'd expect (after the first couple anyway).
  • Afternoon!

Take it easy Chick! Don't tell LMH but I have run every day in September (without realising, always easy paced and sometimes only about 1609 metres). 

LMH: GP phoned this morning to catch up before she goes on holiday, which I thought was nice. Booked in for asthma clinic. 

What: 2k run plus about the same walked. There was a slight difference in pace, but not too great. 

Why: decided against fitness suite
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale: Grocer Jack Ha ha ha know why you said it now. I did hear grocer jack on tracks of my years, but is one of those songs you go da-da-duh-da-da Grocer Jack Grocer Jack da-da-duh-da. You know the song, the tune, but the lyrics knowledge are limited to Grocer Jack. PS will keep it secret the running every day in September, hush hush.

Wabo: Tiptop birthday celebrations, that sounds ace!

SC: 22 miles is scheduled early, but that is due to my running mate being away out of the country as of tomorrow for over a week, and I don't do runs longer than 13 on my own, prefer to run with someone (same for him) so we brought it forward. I might have to do a 20 again next weekend on my lonesome though (Billy no-runmates). Don't know what to say about the statins, if they work though I'm guessing it is positive.

LMH: Enjoy your precursor short run for tomorrow, nice surprise with the mile splits.

Welsh: "Last hard really???" it's not a chuckling matter, but your response to it made me chuckle. Not long now though, that's the up side.

OH: My lack of local knowledge of Orkney embarrasses me, I feel like an American tourist in London looking for Lie-esther Square ha ha.

Chicksta: Hope that hamstring sorts out, fingers crossed. And pyrotechnician is a great career change, start small with matches and tissue paper and gradually build up to parked cars. Before you know it you could be in great demand.

Did 22 miler today, 3.5 hours including two brief wee stops (behind hedges) and a shop stop for a lucozade, can't do with carrying stuff so buy a drink on 13+ mile runs. Got cramp in thigh area at 18 so ran it out was bit of nuisance and took nearly a mile to ease, didn't want to stop. Felt good run overall though, better than last weeks 20. Get awful intermittent pain in lower abdomen on hernia scars though, after 13-15 miles marker, happened last week also.

What: Several large 660ml bottles of Cobra in fridge to wrestle with later on

Why: 'Cos I ran 22 miles and a 45 min stretch session afterwards so want some nice lager as a treat

Lyrics: You know I think I'm losing my grip when it comes to lyrics lately

• Hope you're having a lovely day Wabo
    Totally get the "I'd love to do something different but have bills to pay" line but now chalking off days until I can part retire...
    Stray - sounds like there's nothing wrong with your motions today!
    Chick - yep, take it easy

What - Steady 7 up to Victoria Park via Mile End
    Why - ticking over
    last rest - 11 days
    last hard - Tuesday

• I shall just look at you from under raised eyebrows Alehouse - just glad you're getting away with it.

Nice long running Benjy - you enjoy those beers though even as a non lager drinker I'm not sure that Cobra and nice lager go together in the same sentence?

Dustin - I seem to have inadvertently partly retired as I'll only be working two and a half days a week as things stand - can't persuade Mark to let me retire totally yet but I'm working on it.
  • Actually I am being very sensible, LMH, coupling the small amount of running (just 19k this week, 23 last because 8k was on the a-g treadmill) with lots of strengthening and stretching. 

And you beat me to the comment about Cobra and nice lager! Well done on the 22 though, Benjy

I actually have two days work next week (Mon and Thurs): first work since July 17th! Although I am officially retired from work, of course. State retirement is not until next March now that the goal posts have been moved, although my couple of months is nothing compared to a lot of women expecting to retire at 60 who miss out by up to 6 years. Suspect Wabo may be affected in that way.
  • I wouldn't expect anything else Alehouse, I know that your main aim is going to be longevity.