Saturday 15th September 2018 - How can you see looking through those tears?

Morning.

Lyrics - How can you see looking through those tears?

Stay off your feet and eat and drink well chicksta.

What:           hopefully a MLR/maybe gym
Why:            gf Toblerone cake/Mark says he wants to go
Last hard:    sorting the house ready for the work whilst we're away
Last rest:     19/8

Yesterday's lyrics - Fine by Kylie Minogoe.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: parkrun
    Why: celeb spotting
    Last hard: sleeping. Oh has a cold s resorted to the spare room in the end
    Lyrics: nope

Hope the farm was fun Wabo :)
    Chick be careful!
    Ale you too!
    SC that made me laugh about the curry!
    Benjy hope you don't feel too stiff this morning

Have a lovely day all
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    25:18 parkrun (was meant to be taking it easy after last weekend) followed by chat and photo with Steve! What a good morning :)
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: parkrun

Why: long run of the week. My watch said 25:18 as well, Emz! The guy in front had 25:16..and official time was 25:29. Took it fairly easy although I imagine if I had set off harder I would have blown up. Very busy today: I was 202nd.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Afternoon!

I noticed 517 runners at the Berlin parkrun today, mostly Brits! Can't imagine why! Previous highest total was 129! Hope Chick is ok!

Emz: glad I didn't get T20 tickets!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • At least two of the Berlin Park Runners were from my club..

What - 15 miles trail
    Why - I've forgotten what long running is
    last rest- last Monday
    last hard - today. Picked the undulating trails, and tried a couple of new routes. End up in a field with a signpost pointing out the footpath is at an angle across the field. A completely ploughed field with no obvious path. 800m later I'm by a fence with no obvious exit. Had to resort to the 'if you go round a perimeter long enough you will eventually find an exit" tactic.

Back for an afternoon of emptying the garage of ruubbish and painting the downstairs bathroom.

• 19.2 miles along west coast of Orkney
    Needed long run and others were going
    Last hard: that was
    Last rest yesterday
    Lyrics no

Good parkruns AH & emzap
    Fingers crossed chicksta
  • Nice parkrunning, ale and em.

Oops, Dustin. Glad you didn't end up in a field facing an angry bull.

When are you going on hols, LMH?

Berlin is full of Brits today :) and Spaniards.

Curled up on the couch in our apartment. I spent too much time on my feet but can't be avoided in a big city marathon. The expo was huuuge! And then I wanted to watch the skater marathon. Omg, those guys are fast. Feels and sounds like a high speed train going past.

Wonder if Kipchoge can pull it out of the bag tomorrow...

Jogged two miles earlier. Hamstring feels tight but doesn't hurt which I take as a positive.

If you want to stalk: number is 34655. They put me in the sub 3:30 block even though my PB is 5 years old .... First pen of the second wave. Let's see if I can live up to those expectations.

So, next hard will be tomorrow I guess :D

Wish me luck.
  • Viel Gluck, Chick!