Monday 17th September 2018 - I don't wanna talk

Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in Training
Morning.

Lyrics - I don't wanna talk

About things we've gone through

Fantastic chicksta - older and faster is the way to go! I'm so pleased you enjoyed the day so much. Rest up and recover well.

These youngsters SC!

Hope you enjoy the course OL.

We were forecast a nice day today but it looks as though the storm is going to get to us a little earlier than originally thought but I'm hoping I can fit most of my run in before then - of course it's always the way that the wind is strongest near the end of the run when you're running in to it and you're tired...............

What:             hopefully a LSR
Why:              haven't done one for a while
Last hard:      recovering from the half - I still have my PITA
Last rest:       19/8

Yesterday's lyrics - The Best by Tina Turner.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Was just going to start the thread...but pleased I didn't as I know these lyrics!

What:  short run later

Why: working today for the first time since July 16th so run after. Achilles/calf not happy so will keep it short plus stretch

Hope the legs are not too bad today Chick!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Chicksta: Brilliant! That is a great report and a great time, you must be so chuffed. And faster than ten years ago! There is hope for the likes of me, very inspiring. Berlin Marathon sounds great. Hope you don't get the DOMS too bad.

SC/Ollie: Great going there SC/Ollie, and what great support you gave SC.

Ale: Back in the saddle!

LMH: Waiting for this storm we have been warned about, very calm at the moment but we are in the yellow warning area, (so looking forward to running in it after work today, but then I like the weather kicking off when I'm out).

What: Monday trot 7 or 8 after work

Why: Need to get out by end of the day

Lyrics: Yes

• Moring all, 
    Chick - wowzers, a great run and a lovely report. Have to admit Berlin on my bucket list, not only for the race but to return to the City.
    Ollie - Good time for an easy run!
    SC - executed pacing strategy perfectly, and the youngster made it round in the initial target (just) despite the pit stops, so as you say, box ticked! 

What - easy run lunchtime or this evening
    Why - easier week: SEAA road relays on Sunday
    last rest - 2 weeks
    last hard - Saturday
    lyric - yes!

• Dustin. Highly recommend both the full and the half in Berlin. (Half is early April) Interesting to see what you call an easy week.
    Benjy: Like your little trots aka my long runs. Hope you don't get too much of the bad stuff on the LSR LMH. I'll be joining the Ale short and easy club later. Niggly right quad/hammy. Thought it was cramp onsetting in last couple of clicks yesterday but might have upset something. Hope not.
    What: Short and easy
    Why: Saving myself for Belfast at the weekend
    Last hard: Getting to bed Sunday morning :-)
    Last Rest: Friday
    Lyrics: yes indeed
  • Thanks for all the congrats guys. I'm still on a bit of a high.

SC: Well done for holding junior's hand in yesterday's 10k. Hope he learned his lesson. Eek, seems like hamstring trouble is catching! Hope yours comes to nothing. My osteo is back this week and I have an appointment on Friday.

Ollie: Good to see you and good luck with your studies.

Fingers crossed the wind doesn't get so bad and that you managed a good LSR, LMH.

My legs are absolutely fine this morning, apart from the sore spot at the insertion point of the left biceps femoris. So it's sort of PITA for me too :D
    Surprised how good everything feels. It was a bit different yesterday evening when I could barely get our of the car after the 3 hour drive. But stairs are no problem. If it weren't for the hamstring I would have gone for a little recovery run.

Finisher selfie with medal:

• I think that high should last a while yet chicksta!

Hope it's nothing SC.

Weird weather day - rain, drizzle, wind and sun but warm throughout - not unpleasant though and I enjoyed my first long run in a few weeks.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Nice to bag another long run, LMH.

I need to figure out what to do next ... First I have to sort this hamstring problem out but I put 100% faith in my osteopath. 

Quite pleased to see yesterday was my highest ever marathon wava: 74.56. My 6 year old PB was only 72.94.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    wow lots of catching up
    giselle's birthday went fabulously
    chick wow wow wow what a post and what an amazing run you had! Great photo
    Benjy enjoy your run with or without storm!
    LMH hope you get an lsr in
    Dustin enjoy the easy
    Alehouse, nice park running enjoy today
    SC Love your report and what pacing for the y man!
    Ollie nice to see you, sounds like busy times ahead

What 2 miles recovery d&d early
    why long (for me) hilly off road with a mate Sunday am, 6.75 miles and 3.5 miles on Saturday
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good monday all 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    don't the weeks fly by?????
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Posts a 5.12 in homage to Poppy...looks round to see if she is around and wonders of she got drowned supporting yesterday!  Nice miles at the weekend Wabo. Hammy not happy so may be a very slow parkrun and half at the weekend and might have to rest up before!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: 5 km, 100 m on, 100 m recovery
    Why: my "easy" session at club! Did it in 25:50 so not so easy!
    Last hard: Saturday
    Lyrics: yes

Hope you didn't get too wet out there. Glorious evening by the time I got out.

Have a lovely evening all
  • Awesome running chicksta, what a performance!! Very well done, great report.

Sorry, not been on much.  Did a 24 on Sat, 3:10.  Feeling pretty good.  Tapering now for a few weeks. 
  • Sorry I forgot  to post SC I saw you and shouted out but it was pretty wet!!I like the homage with your miles:-)

Great selfie with medal Chick well done!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression