Tuesday 18th September-Woke up this morning, can't shake the thunder from last night

Morning

Lyrics:Woke up this morning, can't shake the thunder from last night

I hope everyone has avoided Storm Helene.....

What: Walk
Why: because I can if the winds are kind to me
Last hard: My foot
Boot off: 7 days and counting.....

Back later....
ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - The Winner Takes It All by Abba.

Hope you're still smiling chicksta  :)

Did you get your weather Benjy?

Sounds as though you've recovered well emzap.

Busy time of year I guess Donaldo. Good that you were able to get the long run in - how long until your race now?

It's blowing a bit of a hooley here Poppy, hope it's ok for your walk.

Are you racing again soon Wabo?

How is your hamstring SC?

What:            short and easy/gym
    Why:             it's not conducive out there/need to get my session in
    Last hard:     preparing for he renovations (packing up bits of the kitchen now)
    Last rest:      19/8

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

What: short run and long Pilates

Why: Tuesday's script!

A fair breeze here, too!  Hope it stays dry.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • morning all
    what - lunchtime miles
    why - no training tonight, Mrs D has a birthday
    last rest - couple of weeks
    last hard - Saturday
    Not sure if it's the dark mornings but feel very sleepy these days. Still very mild though, shirt sleeves to the station at 5:45
  • Good miles Donaldo...hope there's no side effects. Heard the shout Poppy, glad it was you. Hang on in there and take it easy when the boot comes off. Winds were ferocious last night. My hillside has turned to autumn and the full mile plus of road down is covered in leaves this morning. Pretty and pretty slippy! 
    Hammy not happy but not too unhappy. Think wee strains or a couple of  micro tears inside top and bottom. No reaction on yesterday's run but sore after and into last night. Was going to apply "The stick" but bottled it. Will try again today
    What: Short and easy
    Why: Common sense
    Last hard: Accepting I may be damaged
    Last Rest: Friday
    Lyrics: yes 
    Have a good one all and keep off that bench! 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Poppy, glad the foot is on the up, enjoy your walk
    SC, keep the hammy off the bench!
    Dustin enjoy lunchtime and definitely the birthday!
    alehouse enjoy your short run and pilates
    LMH enjoy the short and easy, next race is 30/9, my daughters birthday but I am doing a 31 mile bike ride Saturday in the Chilterns with OH (hes doing 101 or 81, prob 81)

what: 2.5 this am, might sneak a little one in later, wind almost made me not!
    why: streak baby
    last hard: this morning mentally not feeling it (best time to do it)
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • No storm here, but another 30 degree day. Just glad it wasn't this hot in Berlin.

Poppy: Wow, only 7 days to go! We're down to single digits already.

LMH: Yep, still grinning. And still unbelievably grateful that my hamstring didn't go. That was my worst fear.

Happy Birthday Mrs. Dustin :)

Nice club work, em.

Please stay off the bench, SC.

Such a beautiful morning, legs feel absolutely fine apart from left hamstring and I'm condemned to stay off my feet. Bugger.

What: upper body work in the gym
    Why: can't run and apprehensive about walking too
    Last hard: DNF scare on Sunday
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: yes
  • LMH:I hope the short and easy was windless;-)

Happy Birthday to Mrs D.

SC: Glad you hear the shout,The Stick weapon of torture I am also a wimp when applying it.

Wabo : Great streaking especially in the wind.

Chick:Be careful there is no room for you on injury Bench:-)

In fact there is no room for anyone  I have spread my rather larger than normal bottom out so no one can sit on it for at least 7 days;-)

I think this week will drag as I am eager to get going and really fed up with the boot.But this time next week i will be bootless-yay
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Happy Birthday Mrs D - I hope you have a nice evening.

SC - I wouldn't use the stick on it. Either a gentle foam roll or stretch and nothing more. When mine is grumbling I find it will tolerate easy flat miles but object loudly if I try to run any kind of incline or push the pace.

chicksta - sorry to hear that your hamstring is too bad for you to run on. Still hot eh? Why aren't we having an Indian summer!

Wabo - I'm the same, need to get my runs in the morning if possible.

Are things feeling better Alehouse?

I'm sure any weight you've gained will drop off once you're back running Poppy.

It was windy out for my run but not 'march of the wheelie bin' bad and as others have noted nice and mild. Just back from the gym so I can tick that off too.
  • I can't stop eating ... so my behind is growing as I type :D

At least I managed a gentle gym session with kettlebells but used just the light ones and took it real easy. Working up a sweat felt good though. I'm getting tetchy.

LMH: I could probably run on it - hey, I ran a marathon on it and it didn't get any worse. But it's also not getting better which worries me a bit. I might try a bit of run/walk tomorrow because the rest of me feels absolutely raring to go.
  • My hamstring takes ages to settle down fully when it gets irritated chicksta - I still have a PITA from my half but if I keep it easy and flat it gradually gets better. You need to eat - don't worry about it for a few more days yet eh? I always give myself a free pass for a week after a marathon, exercise and eat as I feel.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    What: rest
    Why: don't want to end up on the bench!
    Last hard: getting up this morning, I slept until 7!  That is not normal for me!
    Lyrics: nope

Stay off that bench everyone :)  Glad there's only 7 more days for you Poppy.
    Chick I think I'm still eating for 10 days ago!
    I think Helene is here, it's very very windy out there (and some nutter is mowing their lawn!).
    Have a lovely evening all.