Thursday 20th September 2018 - Stop your pretending

Morning.

Lyrics - Stop your pretending
             Listen to what I've got to say

The forecast rain arrived just after midnight and isn't going anywhere from the looks of things - on the bright side we have some respite from the wind for a few hours so it's just going to be a wet run rather than a wet and windy one.

What:           short and easy
Why:            miles are clocking up a bit this week/weather isn't inviting
Last hard:    getting out the door this morning may not be easy
Last rest:     19/8
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• LMH/Chicksta: Thanks for advice, today I only have time for a lunchtime 7, so will try mile on mile off approach to pace.

Wind dropped, fallen trees across roads here, rain due, hopefully the rain clouds over the north-midlands blow this way for some weather action at lunchtime.

What: Lunchtime 7

Why: 'Werkin, need to get out

Lyrics: Yep!
  • Quiet here today
    Weather appalling and I do have the right clothes
    Went to tkd last night and it didn't aggravate but glad I didn't run. Feeling achy but better today so decision made...Nothing until Saturday and then it's a gentle parkrun followed by slow half Sunday. Don't want a DNS or DNF and want to complete the five capitals :-) Benjy I honestly think you are weirdly wondeful wanting weather action...some would say mad! Hope the short and easy was good LMH
    What: Nowt
    Why: Sensible head on
    Last Hard: Being sensible
    Last Rest: Work in Progress
    Lyrics: Nope
  • Morning all
    Chick - I use an adaptation of P&D, with a 7mile LTP in about week 8. Always a big 'marker'.
    Stray - Andwell is our local brewery, but quite a few have Ringwood which is New Forest Way
    What - easy miles, out this evening with some old work pals
    why - taking it easy - yesterday was some hills locally after a crap day at work. Needed the stress busted.
    last rest - 2 weeks+
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - possibly

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all

LMH hope you get out and the weather is not too unkind!
    Benjy, our weather in London is nowhere near as bad as yours sounds!
    SC keep on the sensible head
    Dustin have a nice lunchtime run and enjoy your mates night

Went to see something called The Village last night with Jodie, Art Malik was in it.  Amazing!
    what: 3 miles d&d, yoga later
    why: its Thursday
    last hard: this morning at first
    last rest: 31/12/16

upping my miles but trying to go carefully! Heading towards Ridgeway Run on 14/10 and want to just do better than last year
    Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning,

Out early at 5.30am for my walk 5 miles all  done and 5 days to go and it only rained on last mile.But it is in for the day  so I was lucky.

SC: Where are you hoping to race at weekend?

Benjy: I hope you get your rain at lunchtime;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Poppy..Belfast :-) Can't believe you are out walking at 5.30 with a busted foot. Respect! Wabo...do some stretching for the rest of us please. :-). Dustin...familiar with Ringwood (Used to live in that part of the world in another life) but don't know Andwell. 
  • How long is the Ridgeway Race Wabo?

SC - sounds like a good plan to get the most out of your weekend. Short term pain and all that.

Lots of debris on the floor here too Benjy - you're more than welcome to the rain.

Glad you mostly beat the rain Poppy.

Enjoy your night out Dustin. Hope work is less stressful today.

I managed a run in what looks to be the only dry spell today which I much appreciated.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Zilch so far
    wind and rain
    last hard - one side of the track yesterday evening
    last rest (from running) Tuesday
    lyrics no

trusting wind should settle by tomorrow night as heading to Aberdeen on boat
  • Hope everyone survived the storm. It must be very isolated to the UK. Nothing here. In fact, another hot day although "only" 24 today :)

A bit snowed under at work so this is just a brief pop in to reveal yesterday's lyrics: The right thing, Simply Red.

What: 5k on the treadmill
    Why: about time I tried a little run
    Last hard: hamstring still not right but it doesn't get worse either so maybe I should just ignore it for now
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: Yes
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh, ridgeway is 15.9k
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Lyrics: no

What: will be a short run later

Why: work got in the way, and now heavy rain and flash floods are putting me off! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    What: a very wet 6km
    Why: wanted to see if I felt better
    Last hard: headache for last 2 days. Better today though not completely abated.
    Lyrics: nope

Torrential rain throughout run and trees brought down in yesterday's wind (rested yesterday!).

Benjy though I think you are mad I can see where you are coming from!

Have a lovely evening all