Saturday 22nd September 2018 - I’m well aware of happiness

Morning.

Lyrics - I’m well aware of happiness
            And what it takes to get to it

Hope the cpd is interesting OH and you enjoy meeting up with Alehouse.

Are you there yet SC? 
:) 

Glad you found a dry window Alehouse. I shall hold on to that thought and count down. Must remember to feed my cake before I go on holiday.

Weather seems to have settled a bit for today, cold (a 'high' of 12C) but forecast dry for most of the day and no extreme winds. Won't be able to make the most of it as have a couple of deliveries to wait in for and need to continue packing up the kitchen.

What:            short and easy
Why:             all I have time for
Last hard:     ordering, organising, packing etc
Last rest:      19/8
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Supposed to be dry and still here as well. Hopefully warmer than the forecast 12!

What: a few easy kms

Why: help/watch at parkrun. Not risking the niggles until Ron's birthday race. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • On train to Kirkcaldy. Visiting friend on route to Manchester. Lovely morning here with low sun over sea.

Lyrics no
  • It's not showing any sign of warming up here Alehouse and it's just started raining.

I've just looked at entering Berlin - its 125 euros! Maybe not my autumn marathon next year  :(
  • 10 degrees here still! But dry. And I guess that's the early bird cheap price, LMH. Glad I didn't parkrun as calf in particular was annoying whilst jogging about.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Going on holiday is always quite stressful I find, LMH. Are you flying tomorrow? Big city marathons are expensive, unfortunately. I think Boston was over 200 dollars. And London is only cheap for residents. Us overseas runners have to fork out 80 quid  :/

I think I paid about 100 euros for the Berlin ballot. Prices must have gone up ...

Ale: Is Ron still running? Perfect way to spend your 80th :)  sorry to hear that calf is still niggling.

Cool and breezy here but sunny. Love autumn :heart:

What: hip mobility and glute exercises/7 mile run
    Why: need to start those again/wanted to
    Last hard: figuring out what to do next
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were REM - Überlin
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    What: 11.5 km to parkrun, 28 min parkrun, 11.5 km home
    Why: last long run
    Last hard: that, I really struggled (think the headache didn't help). Luckily I had company for the return as otherwise I think I'd have got the bus! 28.7 km in roughly 3 hours 15, hilly too
    Lyrics: nope

You having the kitchen done lmh?
    Off to London for a BBQ, it's pouring with rain!
    Have a lovely day all
  • Afternoon!

Not raining here yet, but cold! Well done today Emz!

Chicklast spoke to Ron about a month ago and he wasn't running then. Trying to walk quite a lot though. 
  • Well done, em. Always good to have that last long one out of the way.

Actually I was mistaken about Berlin. I paid 114 euros :/
    Our local 100 marathon club put on a monthly race for 13 euros including homemade cake for fuel :D you have to run 11 laps around a lake though ...
  • Afternoon,

Very wet and cold here today and I got caught in the rain on my walk never mind.6 miles  walking only 2 more walks then I can try a run it will have been 7 long weeks.

I looked at Berlin half marathon but sadly too expensive for me :/
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I've given up - the heating is on.

Another week until we go on holiday chicksta, not stressed about that, it's sorting everything to ensure it's ready for the work being done whilst we're away that's taking my time. We are having the downstairs (apart from the hall) plaster skimmed, new floors, new kitchen and a new suite in the downstairs cloakroom. Storing the new stuff as it's being delivered is starting to become a problem, can't have it in the house because of the plastering and floors, garage is rapidly filling up..................

Same here Poppy - unfortunately the cost of Berlin plus flights and accommodation etc means that it almost certainly isn't going to happen which is a shame as Mark was quite on board.

Good to get that last long run in emzap. Sorry to hear that you still have that headache.

I hope that you're ok for the birthday race Alehouse.
  • Shame about Berlin, LMH. Maybe that marathon majors veteran programme could be an option? You're definitely going to rank high in your age group and chances are good you win it so the prize money should cover the expenses. I haven't looked in to any details though so I might be writing total nonsense ...
  • Chick: total nonsense...not! Was reading this yesterday: 

https://www.worldmarathonmajors.com/news-media/latest-news/abbott-world-marathon-majors-announces-abbottwmm-wanda-age-group-world-ranking-system-and-world-championships-1/

Not sure how useful it will be! Qualifying seems to be from last weekend onwards, if I read it correctly.
  • Looks like another money generating exercise - I think you'd still have to pay for your own entries, travel, accommodation etc oh, and only our expensive events will count - unless I'm missing something?
  • hiya, bit late from me

What - 3 miles easy. Picked the 30 minutes it wasn't raining
    Why - easy ahead of SEAA relays tomorrow, forecast looking grim too
    last rest - 2-3 weeks
    last hard - keeping a lid on it today

Enjoy the rest of the weekend
  • Lovely 4 mile walk along Fife Coastal Trail this morning.

Kirkwall parkrun this morning with driver apparently attempting to ram parkrunners:
    "INCIDENT TODAY

We love parkrun, we love it because it includes everyone, no matter what age, no matter what ability, walkers, joggers, runners, elites we welcome and encourage everyone. At parkrun we also encourage anyone involved in any club, sport or activity.

Our volunteers do a fantastic job and their primary responsibility is to keep everyone taking part safe. It came as quite a shock to us today when one person who wasn't part of parkrun decided to ignore cones put in place to protect our runners and use his car as a weapon, endangering our volunteers, participants and peoples property because he couldnt be bothered to walk 10 feet.

While we use a public and shared place the safety of our participants is of the upmost importance and something we will not risk. Please respect our cones. We will not tolerate any bullying, threatening or abusive behaviour at our parkrun and police will be called if we feel this is required.

Despite the fact that this person tried to ruin our event today it was clear that parkrunners come together, support each other and still enjoy their day!

To anyone who witnessed the incident, you have my sincere apologies this happened. Thank you to the police for resolving the issue."