Sunday 23rd September 2018 - This house is as slick as a senator’s statement

Morning.

Lyrics - This house is as slick as a senator’s statement

Hope the weather is kind and you have a good run at the relays Dustin.

Oh dear OH - disgruntled local?

What:          unsure, probably a MLR or maybe a LSR/possibly gym
Why:           depends what Mark wants to do
Last hard:   adjusting to winter
Last rest:    19/8

Yesterday's lyrics - Between The Clock And The Bed - Manic Street Preachers.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Glad you are not running Hull given the weather, LMH? Suspect Dustin may get the worst of it for once!

What: another short run plus fitness suite

Why: being careful with the calf, in particular. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I am indeed Alehouse - I'm having enough trouble getting myself out of the door this morning never mind standing round in vest and shorts.
  • Emz: Great miles there, well done
    SC: Good luck with Belfast, or more likely when you read this, hope it went well
    OH: Bloody hell that is shocking!
    Welsh: Can't believe it is almost 7 weeks, one more walk when you rad this.
    Chicksta/LMH: It is a shame the cost of these events, not just the entry but the increase in all the extra expenses. London this year was a bucket list thing for me, it is a box ticked and unlikely I will be doing it again. The accommodation for Travelodge/Premier Inn turned in to an auction in effect jumping from prices of £49 a night to £170, then the next night back down.
    Ale: Hope that calf eases and lets you run

Nice 15 miler yesterday, apart from sharp stabbing pain around hernia repair/scar tissue around mile 9 that made me wince, stop and recompose a couple of times.

What: A 6 or 7 mid/late morning, down on seafront/headland road.
    Why: Tues is gym day, so a 6/7 today and tomorrow.
    Lyrics: Not a sausage of a notion
    Weather: Looks promising, but inclined to think it will change
  • Morning again!

What: 3k run plus some walking to make it up to an hour

Why: small bovine protection as Paddy would have joked in the past. The calf is a bit of a strange one at present. Starts off fine and then tightens up, often in a different place each time. Then can ease off again! Sitting here typing it feels bruised. Have decided to dispense with the fitness suite today; any cross training will be in the garden or the kitchen.

Well done on the 15, Benjy!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Paddy - there's a blast from the past. Sounds strange Alehouse.

Sorry your hernia site is continuing to cause you pain Benjy - doesn't seem to be stopping you though! I'm fortunate as I stay with a friend for London so no accommodation cost,

Rubbish run this morning. I thought  my legs would be fresh after three easy days in a row but instead they felt heavy and rather than picking up as usual I felt more tired as I ran so called it quits as a MLR and pleased that I did so as Mark wants to go to the gym.
  • Just a short walk today.
    Staying with friend
    Last rest yesterday
    Last hard last Sunday
    Lyrics no
  • Waiting on results from Loch Ness mara and Scottish half ...
  • Hello!  Another week passes and I've not managed to check in, poor effort by me!

After my 24 last Sat, did 7 on the Sunday.  Rest Mon, club session 1,2,3,2,1 twice with 1 min between reps on Tues, rest Wed (using wind as an excuse), solo 16 x min on, min off on Thursday, steady 6 on Friday, 12.5 hilly trail run yesterday and an easy 10 today, half road, half trails.  33/34 mile ultra in two weeks.  Still carrying niggles but pain is temporary. 

Must stop by daily so I can keep up with whats going on!  

Lyrics, nope.  
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Afternoon,
    Benjy: Sorry to hear about your Hernia still being a wotsit but you seem to still give your runs some welly so well done.

What: 6 mile walk bootless
    Why: I needed to test the foot a day earlier than planned
    Last hard trusting my foot but it passed the test.
    Lyrice: nope

The boot is put away and tomorrow I get to go to Aberafan prom to test my running it will be slow and just see how it reacts:-)...Very excited by this:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • That's brilliant news, poppy. I'm so pleased your foot passed the test. But be careful please. One step at a time ... You will need to strengthen it slowly. You don't want another injury.

Solid week, Donaldo. You seem to be managing those injuries well.

LMH: we all get those runs. At the end of the day we're not running robots. Have to agree -- the marathon majors are indeed a money spinning machinery.

And agree with Benjy too. It's insane the way they put hotel prices up. Or apartment was 180 euros for the night. The night before it would have been 80. It was in a lovely area and quite luxurious but still ...

Nice 15 Benjy. You're doing some good mileage.

OH: that parkrun incident is unbelievable. Glad nobody was hurt.

We had friends around last night and I drank 3 glasses of red which basically felled me :D I'm indeed a bit hungover. Oh dear.

What: 5 mile walk to clear my head
    Why: hangover
    Last hard: realising I'm even more of a lightweight than I previously thought
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: no
  • Three emzap? You're more resilient than me!

Great news Poppy.

Taper time Donaldo?
  • Yeah, I am having a 3 week taper, that’s one down! 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    That was chick lmh but tbh I'm not great either!

What: rest
    Why: travelled 3.5 hours to London for a family lunch today to find out 3 people had cancelled and 1 just didn't show up. 
    Last hard: see above. Although it was nice to see those who were there I could have done without the 7hours of travel, especially as I have to go to London again on Thursday!
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely rest of your weekend all. Poppy, celebrate!!!