Wednesday 26th September 2018 - On glory day we'll get the gifts of heaven up above

Morning.

Lyrics - On glory day we'll get the gifts of heaven up above

Glad you were able to run Alehouse and that you had a good race OH.

What:          probably short and easy/kitchen delivery
Why:           time/if it doesn't arrive I'm in trouble
Last hard:   finding my iPod shuffle had died (I use it on the plane)
Last rest:    19/8
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    what a great picture to open with!  Good running OH and AH looking great  (opened yesterdays by mistake)
    LMH very cold here but I did wear t and shorts, short run though.  Enjoy your short and easy, when are you off?

what: 2.6 miles
    why: got in early as I am off to MK dons stadium later, alehouse will know why
    last hard: this morning 
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

I do indeed know why you are going to MK, Wabo. Hope you won't be concentrating on the league after this! 

Lyrics: no

What: short run this pm

Why: helping at Uni Freshers' Trial

Am glad I ran yesterday! Legs feel fine today: was expecting Achilles, amongst other places, to be grumbling. Had a bad night though, waking up in pain to the left hand side of the face again. Ibruprofen and paracetamol eventually kicked in and got some much needed sleep.

Found the photo interesting: Ron and I used to be pretty identical in size, apart from he was a few pounds heavier. He has obviously shrunk and lost a lot of weight! And I need to do the latter!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lectures 9-5 then seeing friends this evening.
    Necessary cpd update.
    Last evening was hard but good
    Monday was rest (as was Saturday and Sunday)
    Lyrics as usual no
  • Ale - they say the camera never lies!
    Good picture though, and good article in AW about Ron that I read this morning. 
    Wabo enjoy the footy, is it still one of those venues where you have to get there half hour early to put the posts up?
    I wonder if they have to go on each other's shoulders to tie the nets on too?

What - steady lunchtime, possibly easy double run later (coaching some 800s)
    Why - get the legs turning again
    last rest - 3 weeks+
    last hard - Sunday
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Dustin I think its pretty nice there, I hope I don't have to tie any nets on!! The joke is that we are at home????
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    enjoy the steady Dustin
  • Morning all. Nice pic guys. Enjoy tonight Wabo. I'll be lucky to do a single Dustin. Last night's fun at the club has me wasted today. Tempo run, 6.30mm for 5 mins, skipping 1min, squats 1min, star jumps 1 min, burpees 1 min with 15 sec recoveries, then group of three in shuttle sprints of 50 yards for 5 mins - repeat. Exhausting.
    What: Whatever capable of by lunchtime
    Why: Need something
    Last hard: Sleeping last night
    Last Rest: Friday
    Lyrics: No recognition at all
  • Glad your legs feel good at least Alehouse.

That sounds tough SC.

Saturday Wabo. Enjoy the game.

A fleeting visit to your old stomping ground then OH. Is your cpd course the whole week?

Enjoy your run Dustin.

Thought of Benjy when I heard the news about the issues with the hernia mesh repairs this morning.
  • Afternoon

A late one from me today. Nice photo of you boys yesterday:-)
    SC: That session sounds perfectly hard as nails!!

What: 4.60 miles
    Why: Because I can of a sort;-)
    Lasthard: Every run is hard on my muscles but not as hard as no running for 7 weeks.
    Lyrics; Nope

I extended  course and happy enough with it just wish the aches and pains would stop and who ever stole my legs and left an old woman;s bring them back ASAP;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Thanks for the pic an Ron Hill birthday report AH and OH.

Your legs will come back, poppy.

LMH: How annoying about the iPod. I was so angry when the battery on mine died and it turned out that it can't be repaired that I've been boycotting Apple ever since.

SC: Sounds like a lot of hard work at the club

Hope that toothache / face pain settles, AH.

What: hopefully a short run tonight
    Why: late night work yesterday and couldn't get out of bed early enough this morning
    Last hard: work (I so need a holiday!)
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Paolo Nutini, Autumn

• Do you have a holiday planned chicksta? It looks as though my iPod may have decided to work again - which is great, there really doesn't seem to be an equivalent alternative. Hope you get your run, I'm sure it will make you feel better.

You had nearly seven weeks of inactivity Poppy, things will take a while to adjust but it sounds as though it's going well so far.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon.

Forgot to post on Monday, 5km jogged. Thought legs were still sore from long run at weekend but having just done 7km and struggled to get round in 50 min, I think I'm coming down with something. Throat is sore and I've slept 11 hours a night for the past 2...

Ben thought of you this morning when I read the news.
    Poppy I'm so pleased you were able to do so much more than expected! Keep going!
    Wabo well done on the ride. Did it start in Penn in Bucks?
    SC sounds like you had fun at the weekend. 
    Ale and oh great going yesterday.
    Hi 40, good to see you!
    It was cold yesterday, turned my heating on (try to last till October), but then off again today as it's 22C!

Have a lovely day all
  • Hi all, poppy, so good to see you running.
      Oh and aho, a great pic, 

So busy at work, but managed to take my running club out tonight for 4 miles fsrtlek.  Great fun.  From S1 to S6, working hard.  I had sore legs, also last night at my own club session.  Need s rest, need to taper. 

Lyrics, no,