Options

Shades Marathon Training

Comments

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Robert - didn't realise you had already run London.  Would be nice this time to do it for yourself.

Re your club records, surely if it goes to a vote it would be voted on chip times, as so many races are chip timed now.

Big G - I'm not affiliated, I think it's a UKA race, I see they're charging £3 extra for unaffiliated, most races stick to £2.  I doubt I'd do anywhere near a PB on that course, I need a nice route for a PB.   The Taunton race looks much nicer.

You should be back running, don't let DOMS stop you running, unless you're injured of course.

Amazing how quickly you've clocked up those 20 sub 4's. :)   How many marathons/ultras have you done now?
  • Options
    well done g on 20 sub 4 marathons, what was the main reason for dropping from sub 4 to sub 3.20?

Shades any reason for not being affiliated?  I haven't bothered this year as I had booked some of my races already.  London was my 1st marathon back in 2011 and ballsed it up, did a 20 mile race 6 weeks prior to London in 2.32 which should equate to 3.23ish... i decided to wrap myself up in cotton wall, hardly trained and put on a few lbs.  Was walking by mile 10 on race day and finished 4.12.11

Back from run 6.5 miles done and not alot more than a little niggle and a slight twinge in the final mile, hopefully continues improving, and will keep ticking over for Peterborough Half, even if I can't PB if I can improve on 1.37 at WGC the other week I'll be happy
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Robert - main one is that I'm a director of ARC.   The club I'm in now are affiliated to ARC but they weren't affiliated to UKA/EA when I joined, I think they've applied but not sure if they've been accepted, I keep forgetting to ask.   I don't want an EA licence, some of the races I do are permitted by ARC so I get affiliated rates for those.

I think I save more money by taking advantage of early bird rates than I would by EA affiliation.

Oh that must have been a painful experience for your first marathon. :s 

Good news on the hip niggle. I'd suggest staying away form any hill work until it's gone completely.
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    I've cobbled together the October races from our chat, any errors or omissions let me know.

• Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Shades-No training says it all really.
    Rob-Not too worried about fitness with racing Sunday,just want it gone so its ok for next week,still tender today so think shades might be right with slight pull,will wait until it's clear before try again.Seen her on Strava saying it was close until the mess up?even with her self adjusted time she was 8 mins behind,that's a lot to lose in 0.2 of a mile.
    Nice to see PB next to my name again,been a year since that has moved.
  • Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Shades for info, I've also got York which is on 14th Oct. 

Loch Ness was my 47th marathon/ultra (only two of them are are ultras).  All being well, I'm still on for Bruges to be my 50th.  There is a query about 2 of them and if they "count" for 100MC purposes, but I've got an email from 100MC Chairman that says they do count - the races weren't published on their site for some reason.  I'll send my spreadsheet off, with the email, to see if they can verify the numbers soon after my 50th.

It's quite interesting scanning down the list as the marathon times range from 3:19 (Malta) to 6:59 (LDWA), a few of the races I skip over as they weren't great (Palma and Liverpool being examples), whereas others I've got some good memories (both Londons, Barca, DD, etc).  The race times don't really tell the whole story do they - there's more to it than just the times, as you know.

I haven't kept a note of my DNS's but I think I have DNSd in the region of 5 marathons (Brussels, 2xEnigma, 1xPlym Trail, Salisbury) so roughly a 10% DNS rate, which to me seems quite high (not to mention expensive)!  Brussels 2015 in particular was very annoying as I was in decent shape then, but I picked up a chest infection.

Your comment about DOMS forced me to get out the door - just 4-miles, and it wasn't especially pleasant, but got it done!

Robert, I honestly think I was capable of sub-4 quite a while before I did it - it became a mental barrier as much as anything.  I had a couple of "breakthroughs" last year, the main one being 3:29 at Nottingham on a flat course in December, which was my 18th marathon that year (out of a total of 20 that year).  On that one, everything came together on the day (perfect running conditions for me, no injuries/niggles, a fast course with people to chase) and gave me some confidence that what I was doing was working for me.  March 2017 was my first sub-4, October 2017 I went under 3:45, December 2017 I went sub-3:30, and then February 2018 I went sub 3:20 (which I have only done once).  Even Feb 2018 I didn't really set out for that - on the day I just felt really good so cracked on.  I remember overtaking the 3:30-pacers very early on and wondered if I'd live to regret it, but I didn't.

In terms of what I was doing in my training, I was just fairly consistent and doing a fair number steady miles; I peaked at 70 miles (which was a week with no marathons, although I did race a hilly Half that week), and was two weeks before Malta.  The majority was around 9:30-10min/miles (sometimes slower if it was hilly), but it enabled me to do more miles a week.  I distinctly remember coming back from a hilly long run, ran at 10s, and feeling like I could go out and do it again.  I knew then I was in decent shape.  I did very little speed work - I really wanted to do more speed work, but I seem to get injured when I do it.  I did race a couple of shorter distances, including that hilly Half in early Feb which a) I really enjoyed and b) I did reasonably well at.  That was another confidence booster for me and I just knew I was running well.  So it was a mixture of consistency, practice at the distance and just having a confidence about me that I knew I was running well that made the jump.  

It was London 2017 that got me into running more events.  I had gone sub-4 in the March, and then did 4:00:59 at London.  People assumed I'd be annoyed with that time, but I wasn't really as I genuinely enjoyed the event and it sparked my interest in doing more marathons.  OK, I had ups and downs on the day and another sub-4 would have been the icing on the cake, but I did enjoy it and from there I started booking a few more events and then the 100 became a thing to consider.  I've still a long way to go of course and anything can happen, but I can kind of see a route through to doing it now, but I'm not taking anything for granted.

In terms of why my times have stalled, obviously there's diminishing returns anyway.  But, I think there's a balance between trying to get quicker and also having an eye on the numbers.  Both are important to me and I think both are possible to do, but the balance isn't always that easy to get.  For example, I haven't got anywhere near 70-miles in training since February.
  • Options
    It's that time of year when it's already rush hour by the time it gets light, so I decided to delay my run until after 9 today. Good choice as I could wear T-shirt and shorts again (actually felt very warm in the T-shirt and wished I'd worn a vest) and the roads were much easier to cross. Lovely morning, too.
    Achilles felt a bit better after a rest day yesterday so I decided to throw some MP miles at it including the long hill up to Streatham. I don't think it liked that much as it got pretty gnarly (I actually feel discomfort in the outer part of my mid-foot, too) so I ended the run at 7 miles again rather than go further, which I would have been happy to do in this weather. I just emailed my physio to see if I could get another appointment before Chester, as what he did last time helped a lot. Unfortunately, the massage didn't seem to do much to help - I thought it would loosten my calves a bit but they're still pissy.
    Also wondering if my shoes might be to blame. They have 400 miles on them now, and while the Epics are supposed to last for 600, I'm wondering if that's really the case. I never used to worry about wear on my Frees as they're minimal so it made little difference, but these have a lot more sole. Hmm.
  • Options

Cal glad the achillies are behaving more with the rest, hope the niggles pass or are manageable, I've found icing the areas useful and the odd anti inflammatory.

Ian she is an idiot, she obvs wanted closer to 3 hours and a higher placing, no one else went wrong, its bad luck suck it up and deal with it at London.  Ian, you've been running well recently so deserve the PB.

Big G I've had 22 marathons and 2 DNS both Luton although one of them was cancelled due to snow (2011) and the other I wasn't running at the time (2012). 

I struggle to run anything slower than 9 min miles on the flat, which I've always wondered if I am training too hard, However I think my training is improving as looking on Strava recently and I'm doing a lot of my runs slower than I was three years ago, I'm a better marathon runner now and am recovering quicker now than I used to.  Interesting to see you did little speed training as when I was training for Manchester and NDW I did similar however next year looking forward to some joggers speed sessions and hope see some of my shorter distance times drop and hope it converts to a better marathon time, if not I'll try bulking the distance again and try an October marathon next year.

I'm not too fussed at numbers at the moment as my main focus is a fast Manchester marathon in April however I do enjoy the off road stuff and its a good way to up the ante on the number of marathons without the pressure of time.

Shades, fortunately London wasn't a painful experience as I was fit I just ran when it felt right, was thinking about staying away from hills and test a longer run along the river and back on Saturday instead of parkrun.

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Robert, it's good to have a target marathon so fingers crossed Manchester will be a good one for you.  It seems a long way off doesn't it, but it'll soon come around.  I've today entered Rotterdam (same day as Manchester I think - 7th April), which is apparently very flat and fast.  I'll see how it all goes, but I may target that one for a decent time, but it just depends about other races that come up.  We'll see :)  It's odd as I do quite like training on some trails, but I don't really like doing marathons on them.  I think it's just that I like to get into a rhythm which I cannot do on trails.  I'm also wary of falling over.  That Cream Tea Caper race wasn't especially challenging in terms of terrain and it was flat, but the course just wasn't my cup of tea at all.

Cal, do you have another pair of shoes you can wear for your marathon?  
  • Options
    Big G April certainly came round fast last time round, Didn't train much in Nov/ Dec and I was in a bad state after the xmas period this year which made January training a real effort, hopefully this year will keep ticking over and not consume masses of excess food and drink over the festive period.  Think another reason I enjoy the trail stuff is the aid stations.
  • Options
    Big G - I've got the Zoom Flys but not sure they'd be too comfy over marathon distance (I did wear them in Maidenhead so I've obviously got used to them enough to wear for a half now, whereas when I did the Big Half in March they hurt my feet). Or I've got my Frees. I've done five marathons in Frees but I've not warn them much since getting the Epics, and I'm not sure they're the way to go when I have achilles issues.
  • Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Rob-Your paces look about right to me similar to mine last year and it felt right.
    I'm probably going to do Manchester again,I've entered 3 times and not had a great race really,1st was my 1st ever full so was happy to get round in 4:24,2nd time I had a crash which killed my last few miles and this year it was my DNS,maybe 4th time lucky.
    Big G-I've only DNS 1 marathon,I'm someone who enters quite late though,so pay a bit more on the entry fee occasionally but less chance of losing the entry fee.
  • Options
    Shades- regretfully when I was on my way back down I did think this would be good for DD training. Most of my runs here although not great big hills there is some sharp rises at times so I’m possibly starting to enjoy hills.

Big G- that’s a great achievement 20 sub 4 hour marathons.

Legs felt good today so went for a 11 mile run today. I damaged one of my toes the other day when I done my 22 mile run. Wore my Brook Ravennas 9 where I had the same issue when I ran Stirling marathon so trying to take my runs easy so not to damage it any further for my next marathon. Have to say I love running in this heat just a shame I’ll be back home on Tuesday.
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Ian - I noticed that the PB next to your name looked smaller than the others so now has been put in bold ready for next week's list. :)

Big G - sorry I forgot about York, on the list ready for next week's publication.

47, you've done those quite quickly, Bruges will be a nice special to be your 50th.   Will you join 100MC then as a wannabe or wait a bit, or not join at all?   Re your two slight doubtful races, the fact they're not on the 100MC list is irrelevant, they don't put every eligible race on the list.  What they mean is that if it's on the list then there's no doubt about eligibility.  Those two races, did they have UKA or ARC permits, they're the ones in Worcestershire.   The 100MC chairman does not verify the lists and they can't bend the rules if they've rejected other runner's lists with those events.   They used to verify your list pre 100, so that you know that you're OK.  I joined at 50 and had my first 50 verified at that time.

Glad you got out for a run, hopefully the legs will be a lot better for it tomorrow ;) 

Rotterdam is a good target race for you next year.

Cal - tricky one with the shoes, maybe you can find out if other runners think that the cushioning might not be lasting well for 600 miles.  Shoe companies don't usually exaggerate the mileage of a shoe as they like you to buy more pairs, so probably not a figure they chose lightly.

Robert - I did Luton once, truly an awful race, I'd be quite happy to DNS that if I'd accidentally entered it again.
  • Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Shades, regarding those events, I believe there was some falling out between the RD and those at 100MC.  I know there are lots of events that aren't on the 100MC site, but for whatever reason the RD doesn't email 100MC to get them on the site (that's what he implied when I spoke to him).  I've just checked their website and can't see anything about UKA or ARC permits.  If they end up not counting it'll be annoying but not insurmountable - I'll just have to do another couple :)  Although it was the Chairman that replied to my email, I had emailed the address that was published to use to check if certain races counted or not, so we'll see what happens (i.e., I hadn't contacted the Chairman directly).  I'm not trying to circumnavigate any rules because if they don't count that's the end of it, and I'll just have to do another couple.  

I think I'll probably join as a Wannabe, and if/when I get to 100 I'll join the club as second claim, so I'll still wear my Trotters kit at races, but I'll probably get the 100MC badge and sew it on.  I should finish this year between 56 and 58 (i.e., it'll have been between 30 and 32 marathons this year, all being well).  If I do a similar amount next year, I can kind of see a path to getting to 100 in 2020 I suppose.  I'm jumping way ahead here though - there's a long way to go, but I suppose these things soon mount up.

Foxy has added a Day 3 to his November events, and I'm just contemplating that as my first triple.  I've vowed not to go back there next year unless I'm chasing numbers at some point, but as I'm up there for a double anyway in Nov, shall I make it a triple?  Hmmmm, not sure!
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Big G - a lot of events don't email the 100MC, unless they're new events.   Usually the list compiler would take this year's list and check for next year's date.   If the Worcestershire races don't have permits they do need to have insurance, tricky one as they're road and road events should have course measurement certificates.  I'm sure they'll be fine.

I just looked at the 100MC list and it's virtually empty except for Foxy's, Traviss's and Phoenix events.  Such a shame.

Once you've reached 100 you can wear your 100MC kit for oversea races, should you wish to.

Seems rude not to do Foxy's third race, as you happen to be in the area ;)
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    steven - maybe you need to move from chilly Scotland to somewhere warmer :D
  • Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Shades, yeah, it is a real shame.  I was talking to RK at that 3k relay race I did, and he said something like "You're doing your events very differently to how most people do them".  I found that a bit odd, to be honest.  There is definitely a sub-set of people who just go to Foxy's, Traviss's and Phoenix events and get the numbers very quickly that way (like RK did), but there's also a lot of people who do lots of "proper" events (I don't like using that word, but you know what I mean).  I have to say, the "Aspiring" Facebook group tends to be full of chat about those types of events, which I think is a real shame too as it kind of reinforces that it's the main way to get into the club.  Each to their own, but I just think it's a shame that the club almost encourages that as the main way to get to the magic number.  I did raise this one time (not in an antagonistic way, or anything like that), but basically got shot down.  It's just that the RDs are not supposed to advertise their own races, but somehow the fact that everyone posts pics of their medals from those races kind of promotes them anyway.  

RK is quite amusing really.  He's done 100 now, but his first ever event is still his PB (something like 4:15).  I don't know anyone else who is like that after doing so many events, and he's still only young - 40 years old.  Also, I know when we were in Munich a fellow club mate kept him on a short leash to stop him tearing off up the road at the start like he usually does, and he did his best time for ages.  You'd think he'd learn!  Don't worry, I've said all this to his face a few times...we get on quite well really.  He's got big plans for next year though, as he said he's entered a 10-in-10 and a 100-miler, plus a full Ironman for 2020.
  • Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Shades-I hadn't noticed the PB,but now you've mentioned it I can see it.
    Just counted up and I've done 9 marathons,so chester will be my 10th,or Hull was my 10th if I include my ultra.
  • Options
    Ian, Manchester this year was perfect race conditions, my training was perfect, I'm hoping for the same again.. hoping lightning strikes twice!

Cal I agree with shades in regards to the manufactures mileage its in their interest to give a smaller amount than what they could last, however most shoes are at their best between 50-200 miles, 

Steven I enjoy the warmer running, going out a few times this week has reminded me how much I hate winter and it's not even that cold yet.

Shades luton sounds awful 3 laps thankfully good news due to some restructuring of the roads stopped it in 2012, only positive is that is was local.  Looking forward to Stevenage 2024 for my local road marathon althou FVC is my most local marathon but offroad as part of the route is about a mile from home.

Eventually been shopping for a couple of pairs of shoes not bargain basement price (£115 for the two) but reasonable and the colours okay, have stuck with brooks guides and got some trail shoes as well Peregrines seen a few people talk about them on centurion's page in regards to Wendover Woods so should be okay for xc and next year is I do WW50.  With my current shoes it should see me through to end of next year. Just need to get myself a new watch prob opting for Garmin forerunner 235, but will wait for the price drop i'm expecting on black friday time

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Big G - that's really funny what RK says about your path to the 100.   You are doing it the way most have done it, as many different events in different places as possible.   That's the way the 100MC had always encouraged, for instance there's a counties badge to those that have run an event in 50 counties of UK and Ireland.  I got to 50 counties a few years ago, had my list approved but they never sent me the badge.   Doesn't matter as I hate sew on badges.

It's the newer ones that just run what I call the Mickey Mouse events, it's a shame as it's cheapened the sport.  Amazing that RK's first marathon is still his PB, he's surely capable of a better time but I expect he was just swept into the Mickey Mouse events where most don't bother to train or put any effort in and the attitude of folk around him has probably rubbed off a bit too.
    Great that he's now setting himself new targets and goal events.   

The change in the attitude of the newer 100MC members is partly why I left and a decision I've never regretted.  Some are now running 50-100 marathons a year but 99% of those marathons they run badly, no training and no effort to do well.   I try to prepare and do my best at every race I run.   What satisfaction is there to do 500 marathons and have run 490 badly, I don't think that's much of an achievement at all. 

Ian - congrats on your 10th marathon/ultra, double figures now. :) 

Robert - Luton used to be a popular as it was the last road marathon of the year and quite a fast course, so for some a good chance to get a good time before the winter set in.  I only did it once and it was awful, I have never seen drug dealing before during an event.   A friend of mine marshalled it one year and a guy tried to mug him while he was at his marshalling point.

That's a decent price for 2 pairs of good shoes.   Glad you like the Guides.   I've heard good reports about the Peregrines too.   
    I'm only using my first pair of Guides for short runs as the heel tab is damaged and I keep thinking that I can't use them much longer but every time I run in them I'm surprised how good the cushioning is, still feels bouncy.

There's a marathon at Bedford, think it's multi lap though at a race track, that's probably not too far from you.

Rest day for me today

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Big G - Great Scottish Run is on BBC Sunday morning, I know you're at Barnstaple but just in case you want to watch later.

No mention of Callum Hawkins, don't know if he's running or not.
  • Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Thanks Shades.  I'll have a look at that.  There's also the cycling world champs on the BBC Red Button.  On Wednesday there was the individual time trial, which I watched and it was quite exciting, if you want to catch up on that.  I won't give spoilers, just in case :)   Sunday is the men's road race, with Saturday being the women's road race.

I think regarding RK, he gets upset that people don't take his achievements seriously.  But I think a lot of runners feel they could do what he's done (possibly unfairly, as all the travelling etc is very tiring), but they just don't want to.  Turning up, going off too quickly, and then walking for large parts of an event, week in week out, on the same courses doesn't appeal to some people.  Whereas others do the 100 and run a lot of them in decent times (i.e., Chair did the majority under 3:30) - I think a lot of people feel they could't do that, and they do see that as different to how RK did it, and arguably more of an achievement.  Again, not speaking out of turn here as he knows this, but he has put weight on which he needs to get off if he wants to do well at these events he has planned.  After Munich he did talk about trying to get under 4hrs for a marathon, but again he didn't get anywhere near that in his lead up to his 100th.  He tends to be around 5hrs, but I think he did around 4:30 at Munich when he paced it more sensibly.  Don't get me wrong as I've walked large parts of 2 or 3 events, but I don't go out planning to do that.

I mentioned the other day that me and Allen T are the only Trotters going for 100 at the moment.  I was wrong on that.  I was talking to Chris M (he was at Plym Trail and is the RD of Templer 10 - I think I introduced you) and he's actually done 80-something now.  He hadn't realised he'd done so many, but he recently had a count up.  He's had them validated with 100MC so is now hoping to get into the club some time next year, but it was never a goal for him up until now.  He's just done races that he's wanted to do and over the years he's built up quite a large number.  He's done MdS a couple of times I think.....! 

I've managed to get a couple of Exeter Chiefs tickets for the rugby tomorrow.  A friend has two season tickets and can't go, so I'm going with a mate instead.  I'm not particularly into rugby league and don't know the teams/players that well, but I've wanted to go for a while, so looking forward to that.
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Big G - the cycling is on BBC1 and 2 as well, I expect the latter stages only.  I haven't looked at the RB yet.  I still have 6 hours of Vuelta highlights to watch so don't really need any more ;) 

Re RK - It's still exhausting and not cheap travelling to all those events.   I might be wrong but he never really looked like he was enjoying himself, so full marks for sticking to his task, it must have been hard.  I remember that time at Plym Trail and he seemed to be really miserable that day, was having a tough time.  

I expect once the 100 was done he just relaxed and out of the spotlight easy to put on a few pounds.  Hopefully now he's got his target events lined up he can start to plan his training.

Yes, I remember Chris M, he was stuck with JK running together to the drink station at 7 miles, I think then he managed to detach himself from JK. Chris M did the double that weekend I think.

Enjoy the rugby, I have a friend who's a devoted fan of the Exeter Chiefs, I think he organises his holidays so he doesn't miss a match.
  • Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Shades, yes Chris did the double that weekend.  He didn't enjoy Day 2 at all, but I sympathise as neither did I!  Yes, he didn't appreciate being stuck with JK - Chris said he didn't shut up, and he just wanted to run on his own.  He's a good runner actually.  He's in his 60s but I remember he did well at Kingsbridge 10k this year.  I ran pretty well that day and from memory he finished a couple of minutes behind me.  I don't know him very well but I think he's got a lot of experience.  He hasn't been in the club all that long but he's thrown himself into it as like I say he's now RD of one of our races. 

I picked up the rugby tickets from my mate in Chudleigh so did a run around there.  I had planned to do the Chudleigh 5.5-mile race route (part of which is Dartmoor Vale marathon in reverse) but I just wasn't feeling it, so cut it short at just under 4 miles - just really ploddy, and also low on energy.  This isn't normal for me as I can still feel Loch Ness in my quads.  It's not that painful anymore, but I can still feel it.  Hopefully I'll be okay for Sunday.
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Big G - JK is so annoying, he ran with me for a while at Cotswold marathon a few years ago and I only got rid of him when he told me he was a member of 100MC.  I told him he wasn't as he hadn't paid his subs for years, (I was membership secretary at the time) he promptly ran into a field for a toilet stop and I never saw him again. :) 

I'm sure you'll be fine for Sunday, you don't have any hills to deal with so your quads should be fine.

Just started booking my races for 2019.   My overspend on this year will have to be recouped next year so only 3 or 4 trips away, all the others will be drive on the day.  Including my away trips I can still clock up a potential 16 or 17 marathons/ultras which is about my annual average now.
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Ian/Big G - I've been looking at doing a different European marathon next year and happened to see on Running Crazy website that they have guaranteed Berlin marathon entries.  http://www.runningcrazy.co.uk/berlin.html
    Probably applies to the other sports tour companies too.

Quite chilly this morning but good running weather, had a lovely run, only 5 miles today.
  • Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Big G-I think Exeter chiefs play union not league.
    Shades-thanks for the link,just filled out the form to see what type of price they quote.
    I've still got a little niggle deep in the hamstring,it's eased a lot and have to press in to feel it so probably not running again today as I don't want to make it worse and it won't recover before next week,not ideal for chester but at least I'll be well rested.
    I wasn't a member of the club before chester last year but this year they have a section by the finish straight on the racecourse called club corner,where 20 selected clubs get their own area to share with own toilets,baggage area and place for spectators so that should make it a little easier.
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Ian - one of Big G's fellow Trotters has travelled with Running Crazy and said they were really good.   The website is a bit old fashioned in that you can't see any prices without sending application form.   I was reading my RW last night and happened to see their advert and they mentioned Tallinn in Estonia which is on my 'to do' list, but they don't have the details of Tallinn yet.

Glad the hamstring is improving, hopefully it'll be fine for Chester.

So your club is one of the 20 selected clubs, really useful especially with own toilets. 
  • Options
    Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Shades-Yes it is,they say the larger the club the closer to the finish line and toilets and I know we have a few entries so hopefully be nice and close.
    Has anyone ever had a vo2 max or lactate threshold test done in a lab? I have seen you can guess it bit wondered if a proper one is worth it and does it help?