Friday 28th September 2018 - And I was lost for words

Morning.

Lyrics - And I was lost for words

Glad you made it home safely, when are your marathon and ultra OH?

It's going to feel cold today after yesterday, roll on the Florida heat (and no hurricanes).

What:           packing, clearing maybe even some holiday packing/ short and easy run
Why:            time is running out/sanity
Last hard:    being left to sort the house on my own
Last rest:     19/8
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Enjoy your wee run, LMH.

Nothing for me today, need to taper more effectively!  

Lyrics, nope
  • Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were The Walker Brothers with "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" as I thought it wouldn't. I am pleased to say that I was wrong and it was a beautiful day, and it looks like another one today.

Lyrics: not today

OH: decent long run yesterday!

Emz: hope the evening went to plan!

What: short run plus stretches

Why: being careful
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope the face pain has abated Ale. Must have been a good pint to still be relishing OH. Hope you had a fab evening Emz. Slightly envious of you holiday people. Long day up to NWales and back yesterday then meeting work colleagues for a curry. Shattered today and feel I'm coming down with some form of lurgy. Been bunged up for the last three mornings but cleared by lunchtime. parkrun tomorrow will be fine and hope to be okay for half on Sunday. 
    What: Not a lot and joining Donaldo on taper :-)
    Why: Just don't feel up to it
    Last hard: Yesterday's drive
    Last rest: Yesterday
    Lyrics: Nope
  • Lazy("rest") day today
    Fix broken screen on mobile  phone. Swim later
    why: long run yesterday, parkrun and 10k planned for weekend
    last hard: getting out of bed (0945!)
    last rest: Wednesday
    lyrics no

Robbie's is the best, SC and even more so after a race!

Loch Rannoch marathon on 14th then Glen Ogle Ultra on 3 November LMH
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Chick I've been quicker after a marathon, trained well I reckon
    LMH are you moving and going on holiday?
    oh glad you got back ok, some runs you have planned!!!
    hope the evening went well emzap
    SC take care 

I slightly feel a tingle in my nose....
    What: 2.35 miles
    why: I am a bit tired right now I have to say!
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

Off to park run with the club buddies in the morning then we all go off for breakfast.  Reggie is 1 tomorrow so birthday party afternoon, then on Sunday my daughter and dil have their birthdays!!! 
    Busy busy
    Have  a good weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hope you feel brighter tomorrow SC.

Nice races to look forward to OH and I'm envious of your sleeping in abilitiy.

Not quite Wabo - we are having the downstairs of the house (minus hall) replastered, floors replaced and a new kitchen fitted whilst we're away - so I've had to strip the wallpaper and pack up the house. Busy but happy weekend you have to look forward to.

Not long to go now Donaldo.

Are your legs and back feeling any better Alehouse?

I ended up with another MLR this morning, it was just so nice out and my legs felt better as I went and I won't have an opportunity to run tomorrow so I thought I'd make the most of it. To be honest if I hadn't have needed to get back to get on I'd have kept going but I need to pack at some point though I have a set of running kit, my meds and a bikini in my carry on so could probably manage with that  :)
  • I would say Morning but I seem late today;-)

Safe travelling for tomorrow LMH Sounds like you have all you need in hand luggage;-)

What 6.52 miles
    Why: Body let me run that far
    Last hard walking like a duck afterwards as hips were playing up but foot was okay;-)
    Lyrics: Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh yes LMH I remember now!!! Ooh nice to come back to - you deserve a lovely holiday
    WP I am astonished seriously at the mileage you can do, I am shattered on lots less!

• Wabo: you have a busy life, work, children, Grandchildren and exercise. xx

I am just lucky  my body likes the mileage I do most of the time;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • LMH: Are you flying tomorrow? Safe travels, if you are.

Poppy: You're doing more miles than me this week :)

Wabo: Wow, sounds like a fun-packed weekend. How many grandchildren do you have?

What's your next race, SC? Hope the cold is not developing. Lots of sniffly people around here at the mo.

Today was the first day where I didn't feel that hamstring at all. So I hope it has now run its course.

What: quick treadmill blast at lunchtime
    Why: wet and windy
    Last hard: work - there's still a couple of hours worth of stuff on my desk
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics:
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    True WP very true
    Chicksta, correct answer is 5 (1 no longer with us). Only 1 boy lol!!
  • Chicksta: Forest of Dean half mara on Sunday then it's over to experimenting with x-country and possible 1/2 mara in Paris October (La Voie Royale St Denis at Stade de France)
  • It is chicksta, will leave home about 0730hrs and fly at 1300hrs all being well.

Wabo - it will be apart from the fact that I'll arrive home shattered sometime on the Sunday with a totally empty kitchen and need to find everything/put it back in and feed us whilst resuming work and normal life - but I'm trying not to think about that bit!

That French half sounds good SC - any room in your suitcase?

You are doing well building back up Poppy.
  • One step at a time, LMH. Look forward to your trip and worry about home later. Enjoy Florida. Which part this time?

SC: I like the sound of that French half too. It's it a stadium finish?

Wabo: you're one busy nan :). I do remember the sad story about the one you lost :(