Saturday 29th September 2018 - Gave you all that you needed

Morning
Lyrics: Gave you all that you needed

What: hopefully around 18km
Why: running to parkrun and starting to wind down
Last hard: this will be, not feeling it this morning!

Have a lovely holiday lmh and a great day everyone

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Not Enough Time by INXS.

Did you have a nice evening emzap? Hope today's run goes well.

We are exploring Fort Myers Beach this time chicksta. Flying to Orlando today, overnight there then drive down. I'll not really feel relaxed and on holiday until we get to the apartment but I'm looking forward to it.

What:            nothing
    Why:             travelling
    Last hard:     I'll get twitchy doing nothing
    Last rest:      19/8

Lyrics - maybe.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Are you nearly there yet, LMH? Enjoy!

And enjoy the last longer run, Emz!

What: probably fitness suite and short run

Why: keeping it easy as still not well. Left ear now burning! Had planned to parkrun but decided it was wise not to.

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Windy parkrun
    Saturday
    Last hard Thursday
    Last rest Friday
    Lyrics no

AH Moderate wind and tight corners cost more minutes than short incline.

Enjoy your break LMH

Hope wind is down for your wind down  Emzap

Hoping to get one more long run (Tuesday) before marathon on 14th.
  • Afternoon all, hope you are having a good day.

10 miles easy here, still under 75 mins though so a decent pace.  

With the Ultra next Saturday, I have no idea how to pace it.  It’s 95% off road, has 4000 ft of climb and is about 34 miles.  Does pace matter?  Should I just run to feel?  It will be my one and only ultra so I want it to be memorable for the right reasons but I still want to race it, if that makes sense.

lyrics, nope. 
  • Afternoon

LMH: Safe travelling today:-)

EM: When is your race? Hope parkrun went well.

OH Good luck for 14th:-)

Don: I think you will find the taper hard;-)

What: 6.67 miles
    Why: Because body said yes
    Last hard Past 7 weeks and all the aches and pains
    Lyrics: I think so
    Weight lost in September 6 pounds;-)

Best run this week with regards to aches and pains Lets hope so and no duck waddling today;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    17 km run. 26:20 at the end for parkrun.

Poppy it's in 15 days, Yorkshire marathon.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    beautiful morning for it too
  • Lovely pics emzap.

poppy, am enjoying the taper so far! 
  • Great pics Emz. Donaldo I think I would tend to run to feel as pacing with trail and ascent could be difficult. Pace on the flat? LMH have a fabulous break. Poppy please be careful. Don't want you back on the bench anytime soon. Great effort though! Sorry it's deteriorating Ale. Mend soon please. OH hope you still enjoyed
    What: parkrun then tkd
    Why: Tis Saturday
    Last hard: Pacing fellow runner to sub 22.30 this morning. He made it - just
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Lyrics: Nope
    Forest half beckons but going out to enjoy/plod. We get to cross The Stade de France - whatever that means - at the half next month.
  • Welsh: Poppy, Poppy (said in a slow mafia boss voice) fantastic to see you back on it, it must be great to be back in the saddle
    Emz: Great shots, and I am too doing York Marathon, number has just arrived as I got home
    Don: Just been marshalling at an Ultra and those runners were running keen but not killing themselves pace
    LMH: That sounds like an absolute blast, hope you get your digs sorted
    SC: You do right to enjoy the run, I think myself after this marathon I'm going to stick doing a few halfs for the next year and just enjoy the events. 'Well Jealous' as they say here of the French prospect
    Ale: You do right to hold it back a bit
    Chicksta: Hope the treadmill was bearable
    Wabo: Ballons and party blowers all round, with a sneaky pass the parcel for good measure, hope you all have fun!

Sorry for little engagement this week, been pulled from pillar to post, mega busy, and just when I'm about to log in I end up out the door or on the phone to somebody that needs something "right now".

Anyway 10.5 yesterday squeezed in, Thursday night got call late to asking if I would be able to marshal at a 10K, Half-Marathon, Marathon and Ultra Marathon event at Robin Hoods bay today. I said of course, a new experiece and all that, also I've attended many events and nice to give back. So this morning my first job at 6:30AM was to run the 13 mile Ravenscar Half-Marathon route that funnily enough that I did in May, along the coastal cliffs, then through woods and back along Cinder track to check the route and make sure all signage hadn't been tampered with. It was beautiful but bizarrely strange being on the cliff paths miles from anyone with the sun coming up from behind the sea. Then to a checkpoint for chip tagging and water dispensing through the morning. Then at the end a 2.5 mile run to clear signage on one of the loops. A lovely day all round.

Got back and my York Marathon number has arrived and bizarrely it is one digit out from my mate I run with his number, even though we registered a month apart.

What: 13 mile + 2.5
    Why: To be busy
    Lyrics: I think so but not overly sure
  • Don: Just to follow up on that, all the marathon and ultra runners were doing the same leg of the course at my checkpoint, there wasn't a single person that wasn't cheery and nice, they all seemed to be having a really good time and experience, it was a massive spur to think I wish I was doing that, you just felt you wanted to join in, but alas a marathon I think is certainly my limit. I'm really hoping it goes well for you.
  • Brilliant pics and run, em

Don: Great pace for the 10. I did mine in 77 mins and thought that was nippy :smile:

LMH: Ft Myers beach is where we spent the final week of our last Florida trip. We were close to Lovers Key State Park which is nice. I think there are a lot of beautiful beaches and seashells on Loves Key, so no need to go to Sanibel which is a complete rip off. The historic district of Ft Myers and the marina are worth a visit too. As is the Ford & Edison winter estate. And Naples isn't far and quite impressive. Beautiful villas galore. Enjoy.

Nice marshalling, Benjy.

Enjoy tomorrow, SC and nice pacing today.

Oh no, ale. Wonder what a strange infection that might be.

Brilliant miles and weight loss, poppy.

What: 10 miles steady
    Why: legs felt fresh and ready for some speed
    Last hard: long day at work yesterday
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: no
  • Nice pics Emzap

Ultras tend to be more about completing than racing, Don. If a competitor falls, you stop to help them. Generally very friendly in my experience. If you've access to FB (I know it's frowned on for teaching staff) Ultra Dafties group is well worth a look. Which ultra are you doing?

Ravenscar - that takes me back to teenage YHAing, Benjy.
  • Hiya
    Have a lovely holiday LmH
    Emz - stunning photos

Been awol for a day or two, but yesterday was unplanned day off for domestic admin, but managed to sneak a 14.5 miler over the trails in! 
    Paths still rock solid, but a great run nevertheless.

Today dropped Mrs D & #2 at the station en route to Manchester Uni visit (her first choice). I squeezed a 4 miler in before day 4 (assessment day!) of Coach in Running Fitness. Pleased to say I passed. 

Was going to do another handful this evening but I'm knackered.