So enemies beware

What: 5km ish
Why: keeping my legs moving
Last hard: my mum would have been 65 today, that's not easy

Hope you find another nice run today lmh :smile:

Have a lovely day all.

Comments

• Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics: The Cascades with (Listen to the) Rhythm of the Falling Rain.

Can't be easy thinking about your mum, Emz

What: something later

Why: work gets in the way. Have gone from one day a week to close to four! 

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    What - easy run then coaching
    Why - won't get out for a lunch run (in our showerless office today), but legs jaded and mini tapering anyway
    last rest - a month
    last hard - last night, mile reps on grass, 6:30s
    LmH - Re Sunday, I did about 94.40 last year (hilly course about 870ft of climbing). Not going to be that fast this year, but hopefully close. XC starts the following week which is more of a target. Sunday is our local one so there will be loads of club mates there. 
  • Morning,

EM: Not an easy day for you thinking of you xx

What: 8.04 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Past 7 weeks and getting out of bed
    Lyrics: No
    Last Rest:23/09

A good run the pace is slowly coming back faster again today and no aches and pains in my legs.It is all coming together as next week today I will be going to IOW for my own version of a training camp:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Thoughts with you Emz.
    Donaldo: I don't think I'll be racing you at 50% anytime soon! 
    Dustin: Sticking my toes back in x-country,for first time since year one at uni with the Hares and Hounds, this month. Could be fun. Also entered the Doynto hard half in January just for a giggle and to upset my cardiologist. (I will be taking it easy). Last Sunday's frolic had about 930' elevation and I get over 300' every time I do 5 miles round here too. Character building.
    Ale: Moira S introduced yesterday's lyrics as the golden oldie today...what a co-incidence.Enjoy something
    LMH; Hope you're doing something not too snappy.
    What: Bimble at lucnchtime
    Why: One half broken colleague wants to join me
    Last hard: Yesterday for some strange reason
    Last Rest: Hmm
    Lyrics: I'd be lion of I said I got them first time but should have!
  • Emz: Truly sorry to read your comment about your mum, that is no age. Regarding York, last year I got 3:42 and the year before 3:47 so have put my estimate as 3:45 in Zone 2 start. Let's see though, you like to think a year on year improvement, but at the moment I have legs that feel like sacks of porridge. I am running it with a mate this year, he is around 3:45 (3:46/3:47) time also, so will be dependant on whoever is the slowest.
    SC: No grading booked yet, currently green stipe so will be full green next time. My youngest is more than ready and itching for grading, she is yellow stripe currently, I think back end of Novemeber is a possibility.
    Don: Pacemaster General. That is very impressive, you are getting faster by the day, really great to hear.
    Welsh: Great your pace is getting back to normal, be careful though.
    Dustin: Wow 6:30s also!
    Ale: Be careful you will be back to full time again
    Wabo: Hope the run yesterday sorted you out, I Googled Hog Hill by the way, it sounded intersting and curiosity got the better of me, looks great, best when you feel better though.
    LMH: I remember warm weather. It is really time for taper, it is the weekend after next, I just don't feel I have got in enough 18/20/22 milers, loads of 13/15s but only one of each of the longer ones. I know should be taper time but I'm tempted to go for a steady 20 on Saturday lunchtime.
    Chicksta: Great pace on TM, don't know if you get this, but on the rare occasions I go on a treadmill, the next time I go on the pavements I run a lot faster. Thinking about it I might do some tapering on the TM.

Well this seems to be the month of impressive paces from many, well done all round. Also the month of cake, so much lemon drizzle, there is danger of creating a EEC lemon drizzle mountain (like the EEC cheese and butter mountains of the 80s). Can I just throw carrot cake in the mix, you know the marmite of cake, please don't row over its highs and lows.

What: Gym day this 'aft
    Why: Leg rest
    Lyrics: God damn!

• Carrot cake Benjy? What's not to like? Ref 20 miler this close  Nooooooooo! You have enough in  the tank. refer to the tenets P and I when the going gets tough :-) Good luck and taaaappeeeerrrrrrrrr.
  • Morning.

As SC says Benjy - no! You’ll leave your race on the trails if you do that. The legs are just normal taper feelings, they will be fine on race day. What’s to dislike about carrot cake?

Hope the anniversary isn’t too difficult emzap. Only noticed yesterday’s auto correct of your name - sorry. Running routes are a little limited with being on the beach - but I’m not complaining (though my hamstring is a little) as it’s beautiful. We may drive and run at some point for a change.

I don’t do Snappy SC 😊

I guess you’d say no if you didn’t want to do it Alehouse.

You’re nearly back into double figures Poppy! Sounds as though you are following the patented beat your body into submission rehab plan to good effect as your legs are feeling better all the time.

Seems strange thinking of xc sitting here in the heat Dustin.

What:               Short and easy
    Why:                I’m on holiday 
    Last hard:        Sleeping (but it’s getting better)
    Last rest:          30/9

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    SC/LMH: I'm glad you have given me an all round "Noooo", I'll be honest I've never understood tapering, this will be marathon number 4 after wanting half marathons to be a bit longer. Half marathons I've never trained for in any specific manner being a 6.5/7 miler average regular run distance, but have understood getting in the bigger mile routes for marathons. Therefore my only preparation has been don't do any running 2 to 3 days before the event and a scotch egg 45mins before the start gun.

Two weeks to go, what would you reccomend? (Roughly is it 3 milers, 5s 7s?)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon 
    still ill
    Benjy, a scotch egg half hour before really? Lol, take it easy like all have said. Carrot cake, yum.  re hog hill I 100% did the right thing, I am worse today and it wouldn't have helped
    LMH enjoy short and easy and certainly holiday
    SC hope you enjoyed the bimble
    WP, amazing you are
    Emzap oh no that cannot be easy, hugs xx
    alehouse enjoy your something
    these lyrics feel familiar

what: only a gentle mile, same last night
    why: not well
    last hard: this morning 
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day - Hope I have a good night at Wembley

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ben if it helps I did 3 miles on Monday with 2 at mp
    Today 3 miles easy (if it doesn't interfere with Mr Tesco)
    Sat gentle parkrun

Next week probably a 3 mile and a 1 mile.

But others will have other ideas as we all respond differently to different things :)
  • LMH...watch out for them Gators! :-) 
    Benjy: Toast/muesli/porridge/banana/ sort of combo two hours before and hydrate. 
    Have you used any gels in training?
    Taper...casual..slower..fewer miles in last two weeks. Virtually nothing in 2/3 days before. Maybe 1-2 miles v.slow just to stop going mental.
    Poppy I'm jealous of your miles!
    6 miles d'n'd, one colleague broken at 3 and other hung on in there! :-)

• (Emzap)

Track after work tonight - likely get wet.
    Wednesday
    Last hard Monday
    Last rest Friday
    Lyrics no

Closing in on 1000 for 2018 (992)
    Hopefully reach it before one of my rivals on Fetch!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Afternoon!

What: 5.15 miles in 30 minutes, with one at 7.5 min miling, 1 at 6, 2 at 4.55, 1.15 to warm down at just over 6. 

Why: didn't work pm so managed to go on the a-g treadmill, all at 90% bodyweight. Worked hard and legs are tired in a nice even way, I hope!

Was just arriving at work this morning when I heard yesterday's tune, SC, having revealed the song only 45 minutes earlier!

Don: back off!!

LMH: I feed the cake on the first of each month (September to December), although it was the 2nd of October. If you feed yours twice a month and it works then go with it!

Get well, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • ((em)) that's so sad :(

Benjy: glad the others made you see sense re that 20 miler. Rather hit the treadmill for a quick blast. You cut the volume in taper but should keep some intensity. Sadly TM running has no effect on my road speed.

What's this 50% thing, Don? I must have missed something

LMH: I love beach running. I did one barefoot run in FL and promptly ended up with blisters :D

Oh: enjoy track. Hope you don't get too wet.

That's one hell of a comeback, poppy.

Those anti g mile splits are mind boggling, ale.

Fast mile reps, Dustin

I'm with SC and LMH: Thumbs up for carrot cake. With butter icing and little marzipan carrots for decoration. Yum :)

What: 10 and a bit miles
    Why: bank holiday here
    Last hard: typical back holiday weather. Cold, wet and blowing a hooley. Had to dodge falling branches, acorns and chestnuts.
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: no
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    I am backed off! 

4 miles easy today, thats me till Saturday at 8 am.  

Lyrics, nope! 
  • I like like the cream cheese frosting chicksta 😊 Beach running can just get a bit boring if it’s up and down the same bit of beach every day for two weeks - and my hamstring doesn’t really like it.

Benjy - I’d do a long run of up to 14 miles two weeks out - but keep the pace easy. I usually aim for about 60% of usual mileage that week keeping the frequency of my runs but decreasing distance, week before a marathon 40% of usual weekly mileage (at most) again same frequency, decreasing distance. I find that in the final week I’ll naturally speed up for the same effort.

Sorry to hear that you’re still not feeling well Wabo.

Sounds like a good session Alehouse.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.