Friday, 5 October 2018 - What do we conceal?

Morning :)

Lyrics today: What do we conceal
What do we reveal?

What: Hoping to do 10 miles this morning
Why: didn't do enough yesterday
Last hard: sleeping but at least it means I'm up early enough for a proper run
Last rest: 17/9

Have a brilliant Friday, all :)

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics; no

Yesterday's lyrics were The Rolling Stones with 19th Nervous Breakdown

What: gentle fitness suite and gentle short run

Why: I ache! Work first. 

Forecast not looking good for the weekend, particularly for those running an ultra! Be prepared, Don!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse, the forecast for Dunoon is utterly perfect!  Sunshine, no rain, light winds, about 11 degrees.  I don’t think they will even force us to carry much kit, which would be music to my ears! 

Just over 24 hours till the start - totally bricking it.

lyrics, nope. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Good luck Don!!
    What - easy lunchtime hour
    Why - ticking over
    last rest - completely was 03/12 but I think last night was barely more than 2 or 3km with the ankle biters
    last hard - Tuesday

Officiating at the run legs of a biathlon tomorrow. Forecast: wet and wetter.
    Great. At least it looks brighter for Sunday's half!

Good weekends everyone.

• Morning,

Good Luck Don!
    Lots of races this weekend Chicago, Cardiff half that I know about.I was to be running Cardiff before accident;-(

What: 6 miles
    Why: Because I can no better reason.
    Last hard: This mornings mile 3-4 for some reason/past 7 weeks
    Lyrics:Nope

Motorbiker from yesterday is in hospital but that is all i know.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Good luck Don. Nice and easy Ale, no going backwards please. Poppy: incredible miles so soon. 
    Chicksta:: Hope you enjoy the 10 miler and all steam has been let off.
    What: Promised self a rest
    Why: Bit knackered really
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Forgotten
    Lyrics: Hmm can't tell you or I'd have to kill you :-)

• Morning.

Hope you enjoyed your run chicksta, no need to be chasing miles at the minute though surely? You’ve just finished a successful marathon campaign so some time taking the pressure off and ticking over won’t hurt - or do you have another race planned?

If you feel you need a rest you probably do SC.

You’ll be fine Donaldo, relax and enjoy. The forecast sounds perfect.

I hope you’re not really feeling stressed Alehouse?

Dustin - maybe an actual rest day is due?

What happened in that mile Poppy?

What:            Short and easy
    Why:             Not much choice
    Last hard:     Finding good running routes
    Last res:       29/9

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

Apologies for my absense

So I guess I went a bit quiet after my crash, just needed to focus on work and recovery. That all came to a head on Sunday

Has been a while, rehab took time and I didn't really use my TT bike this year but I returned to racing on Sunday at the Oulton park sprint duathlon, this is an ITU worlds qualifier and draft legal.

I finished 27th overall and won my Age Group, seem those early mornings on the watt bike and hours in the gym working out paid off.

My shoulder is still not perfect, I have a feeling it will now always just be a little fragile but the engine is just fine.

2019 is now all I care about as I want to do the Worlds and Euros in 2020 so hopefully no more crashing for a while unless it is into soft mud on a cross bike

What: hour on the watt bike AM run lunch and Sauna PM

Why: easy Friday is still just that

Last rest: feels like May or June when I started training properly

Last hard: yesterdays bike session

Lyrics: No

• Well done Gobi! And a good recovery by the look of things! Hope you can stay injury and accident free at least until the worlds! Are they anywhere exotic?

What: fitness suite and short run completed.

Why: building back slowly. Legs are tired still after Wednesday's a-g session. Rained the moment I started running!

Hope the forecast is right then, Don!

And no, not really stressed, LMH! Enjoy the holiday and don't worry about getting too many miles in. 

Chick: what LMH said!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: Rest
    Why: taper
    Last hard: a while!
    Lyrics: nope

Went to cirque de Soleil Last night was great! (Sorry a formatting, phone playing up!)

Don good luck tomorrow.

Have a lovely evening all
  • Thanks LMH and Ale. You're so right. My run was a disaster. Nothing in the tank and I cut my losses after 7 miles. This is my first rubbish run since Berlin but it's ok. I'm just going to take each day as it comes and run on feel. This has served me well on the comeback trail :)

As für Race plans: I'm going to do a few fun races over winter to test my speed and then build towards the Vienna half marathon in April. Just don't fancy a spring marathon and those long runs in the cold.

Great to see you Gobi. You're sounding positive. Guess at our age we all have at least one body part that's giving us grief.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Thanks all, ready to go in the morning! 
  • Easy first half or so Don! Go well! You have a great block of training under your belt: remember that during those tough moments! Hope you get a decent night's sleep! 
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Babysitting for my 3 year old niece so seems unlikely 😂😂

I’ve mentally split the run into a 14 and two 10s.  Easy!! 
  • Don’t Forget nutrition Donaldo - important in an ultra. Hope you enjoy it.

Absolutely no reason to push it at the minute then chicksta. It’s not really long post marathon. I’m not looking forward to marathon training through the winter.

Glad to hear it Alehouse (the lack of stress rather than the rain).

Hope it happens for you Gobi. Shoulders take a long time, if I recall correctly you didn’t do any structural damage? If so there’s a good chance it will contyto improve for a while yet.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.