Saturday 6th October 2018 - I was twenty one years when I wrote this song

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Morning

I was twenty one years when I wrote this song

What: parkrun
Why: it's Saturday!
Last hard: photo for the paper this morning for our 8.5 parkrums whilst wearing orange. Problem is my only orange top is definitely for summer! Will be cold!

Go go Don. Hope you got some sleep!

Have a lovely day all.

Comments

• Morning,

Em: Good luck shivering in orange top and photo!!

Don good luck with Ultra today!

What: 2.5 miles
    Why:  I ran out of fuel
    Last hard This morning/foot
    Lyrics: Yes
    Weight lost @ 1 lb

But this is second day in a row I have run out of fuel yesterday was at 3 mile stage today at half a mile.So I need to increase what i am eating without going too far to stop weight loss as lost 7lb's in 5 weeks.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Don: Hip hip hooray, best wishes for today, looking forward to hearing about it.
    Welsh: Easy tiger, you're only just back in the saddle, don't get too disheartened.
    Emz: Celebrity status, well done on the recognition, hope the sun makes a showing
    Good luck parkrunners today and everyone else on their activities

Fracture clinic yesterday morning for eldest daughter, thankfully knee not fractured, but mystery pain that has been 3 weeks since netball fall. Leg brace fitted and MRI scan next week.

Don't shoot me but did a fast (for me) 10.5 yesterday afternoon with my mate. Last medium/long, letting legs rest now. Managed a good long stretch on seafront at 6:45, but was averaging 7 to 7:30 often, fast for me. Some big winding hills at times also (not so fast). Makes a massive difference running with someone, the last mile we go our different ways then I plodded down to 9:30 for home, felt like a fraud, how come I can get down to 6:45 when running with someone then on my own 9:30?

What: Repetitive lifting of heavy objects
    Why: Leg rest
    Lyrics: Well as Radio 2 addict (apart from Sunday 1 to 3) I have to say yes.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Morning!

I'm sure I should know these lyrics!

What: parkrun plus

Why: not running parkrun, but helping so will run later

Hope Don has everything under control! 

And welcome to the world of orange, Emz: the colour of Alehouse.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • All the best Don ... Enjoy!

Shivering in HiVis vest and lots of layers but dry and sunny (marshalling). On to trail run with Els afterwards.

Doing my bit

Last hard Thursday even if it was only 2 miles
    Last rest yesterday (totally)
    Lyrics no
  • Morning.

Sorry to hear about eldest’s knee Benjy, hope they can get to the bottom of it and she’s soon sorted. That run won’t have done you any harm at this stage and will hopefully have given you some confidence. I seem to need a number on to even run at marathon pace so it’s not just you.

Hope park runners have enjoyed themselves and OH didn’t get too cold.

Oh dear Poppy, sounds frustrating. Difficult to get the balance right.

Looking forward to reading all about Donaldo’s race.

What:             Short and easy
    Why:              Holiday miles/trying to protect my hamstring 
    Last hard:      Sleeping still isn’t easy
    Last rest:       29/9

Lyrics - yes, love this one.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    No excuses today folks, perfect day but just not my day.  Pulled out after 23.5 miles, was plodding from 14 miles onwards when I seemed to hit some sort of wall.  Absolutely stunning route too, wish I could have given more. 
  • Afternoon!

Really sorry to hear that, Don! Take some positives though: you have banked lots of good training; I'm sure you won't let it go to waste when you have recovered from today!

Glad I didn't run at parkrun: got there and shortly after had a phone call to say that some furniture was to be delivered at 9:30 (delivery note says "not before" 10!) so dived into the car to get back home just as they arrived. Fortunately wasn't really needed to help at parkrun as there was a surplus of volunteers. Off my run shortly.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Aw, sorry to hear that, Don. Was thinking of you frequently today. Sometimes it's just not happening.

Benjy: impressive pace. Always easier to run fast in company.

Hope you didn't freeze too much, em. I'd have put a long sleeve merino top underneath.

Hope your hamstring is ok, LMH. Mine has settled nicely so that's 80 euros saved.

Poppy: running loads and cutting food intake is difficult.

What: 10 miles
    Why: gorgeous day and body said yes
    Last hard: that horrible run yesterday
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were Secrets, Pink
  • Sorry to hear that Donaldo.

It really doesn’t like run on the beach chicksta which is a little awkward at the minute but there are worse problems to have.

Fortunate you weren’t running or needed Alehouse.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Sorry to hear that Don