Sunday 7th October 2018 You'll say we've got nothing in common

Morning!

Lyrics: You'll say we've got nothing in common
No common ground to start from

Lyrics: all I could think of whilst I am waiting for my croissants to heat up for breakfast!

What: fitness suite plus short run

Why: being careful not to up the distance too quickly

Go well anyone pinning a number on!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning Ale

What: rest (will go for a long walk)
    Why: tapering and my easy parkrun yesterday came out at 25:30 ish...oops
    Last hard: that parkrun!
    Lyrics: yes.

Yesterday's were A New England covered by, amongst others Kirsty MacColl (I think originally Billy Brag?).

Don sorry to hear that but glad you took the sensible option. How are you feeling today?

Good luck anyone racing (Cardiff?)

Have a lovely day all
  • Morning Emz! Easy week please!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Rest day
    Body tells me so
    Last hard: waiting for video of yesterday's parkrun to upload to FB
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics no

Gentle ticking-over week planned ...
  • Morning.

The magic of the taper emzap. Enjoy your walk.

Hope the rest rejuvenates you OH.

Running outside today Alehouse? Hope the weather was good if so.

I think SC and Dustin are both racing - go well guys - not sure of anyone else?

What:          Hoping for a slightly longer though boring (along the road) run
    Why:           No workmen on a Sunday/nursing my hamstring
    Last hard:   Sleeping
    Last rest:    29/9     

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon,

Don I am sorry to hear  about your race.I hope you are feeling better today?

I was to be at Cardiff but a no go from me.

What: 6.1 miles
    Why: because I could with no issues
    Last hard: Foot and getting out of bed and this was after 10+ hours
    Lyrics Yes

Aberafan prom a bit later than usual and very busy I hate those extendable leads!! but a good run Fastest for course:-) It is all coming together for IOW where it will be shorts and t shirt weather 17 degrees at 4am!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Hello team.

Thanks for good wishes, all fine today, tired legs today but just belted out 4 miles in half an hour so nothing wrong with me.

I had explosive diarrhoea at mile 15 yesterday, wasn’t pleasant. Could have contributed to me losing all my energy about the same time. 

Decision made.  Nothing longer than a half marathon until 2020 at least.  Looking forward to the XC season which starts on Saturday.

lyrics, yes!
  • Sounds like you picked up a bug, Don. Enjoy the xc season :)

Nice running, poppy

Great parkrun, em

Hope you managed a longer run, LMH.

Croissants for breakfast sound lovely, ale. Nice Sunday treat.

What: 5k run/ walk with hubby plus 60 mins of yoga
    Why: I have no plan at the moment
    Last hard: Friday
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: yes
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

weekly update, all well at present and picking up as proved at Gloucster City parkrun, 21:59 and 13th, very happy..... other runing going well amd strating to pick up.... big test in Palma next Sunday for the 10k there....

Been enjoying good food for our 28th anniversary :-) with a good weekend away...

Take care all
  • Not pleasant Donaldo! Fuelling is so important in an ultra.

I’m with you on those extendable leads Poppy, and the idiots on the end who don’t seem to have any concept of sharing the path.

That sounds like a nice Sunday chicksta. I managed 12 miles this morning with just the last one along the beach, another beautiful morning for it, my system is going to get a shock when I get home.

Happy anniversary RFJ.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Evening!

Glad you didn't have a day out at Fulham, RFJ! Enjoy Palma!

Don: no rush to make decisions on racing! Glad you are ok though. 

Weather has been good all weekend from about 8 yesterday morning, LMH, although it was still only 2 degrees at 9 this morning, with bright sunshine. Ran after fitness suite to bring up 22k for the week. I know it doesn't sound much but am deliberately building very slowly: progressive consistent consistency (whilst still managing niggles...Achilles/calf/hip but knee has been fine for the past week).

And croissants are nice any day of the week, Chick!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Good to see Lord Gobi back around here, and seemingly back on track for more good things!
    Don - sorry to hear about your DNF but today's run says that it was more a one off (and the stomach issue tells us it probably was), than anything lacking preparation wise. Enjoy the XC season!
    RFJ - congrats on the anniversary!

Busy weekend here. Yesterday was officiating at the run part of a biathlon - got to the track at 12 and it was hammering down, it was much the same when I left 5 hours later. Junior awards evening followed so plenty of buffet food and cake - had to fight those kids off, no respect for their elders that lot...
    Did manage to squeeze a very slow 5k in early doors though.
    Today was a lovely sunny day for the local (Basingstoke) Half marathon. 
    Bit of a hilly beast: around 850ft but well supported and think my club had over 60 running. 
    Ran just under 1:35 last year, I didn't expect to be near that, but hoping for 1:36-1:40. Took off reasonably calmly, the first long drag is a climb from 3-4 then it undulates before a lovely long downhill at 6. 
    the 4th mile was just over 8s which was pleasing, and the downhill at 6 was a low 6. The second part turns and runs back up the other side, then some more rolling roads, and another long descent to hit mile 10 in just under 74:30. Last 2-3 is flat back in, so tried to keep ticking sub 7s over, legs started to tire into the park before the 600m run to the end, but managed to hold something resembling 'pace' and clocked 1:36:15. 
    All in all pretty content with that, XC starts for me next Saturday too.

• Well done Dustin! And XC starts here next Saturday also: I will either be on the finish line or on some far flung corner. Home fixture is first on the calendar so it may well be a long day! 
  • You’ll get no criticism from me for building back slowly and being sensible Alehouse! Glad the knee is improving.

It sounds as though you had a good day out Dustin.

Just read about the two deaths at the Cardiff half, young men too, very sad.