Tuesday 9th October 2018 - So many destination faces going to so many places

Yesterday’s lyrics How Does It Feel by Slade.

SC: I don’t blame you leaving it out after Sunday’s catalogue of events. Sounds like a Carry On film of mishaps.

What: Gym, Taekwondo this evening
Why: Legs rest, tapering
Lyrics: Aye

Bloomiin windy here

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Morning!

Was just going to press the button with some lyrics of my own: good job I checked on the phone first to see that I actually know Benjy's lyrics. 

What: short run/long Pilates

Why: what I am trying to do on a Tuesday. Work first!

Very dark here this morning but a fine day in prospect!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    What a great choice of lyrics yesterday Benjy
    Just popping in, hope everyone is ok.
    I'm off work with a chest infection, only went Doc yesterday as it wasn't clearing up. 
    I have done a daily slow mile, body has allowed it, when it says no I'll stop. It's the only fresh air and break I've been having since last Thursday! 
    What slow mile if I can later
    Why streak
    Last hard yesterday's slow mile, sleeping
    Last rest 31/12/16

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Wondered where you were, Wabo! Get well! And keep streaking!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning,

Wabo: Get well soon!

Benjy:Nice tapering and hope the wind dies down for you.

What: 8.5 miles
    Why: because I can
    Last hard Foot and getting out of bed
    Lyrics Oh yes 

Longest run post boot and sets  me up nicely for IOW .
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I'm here, sitting thinking wrap up do a mile and then chill. Worst thing about being unwell is inactivity. Aching back and now a cracked heel!! Best thing? I didn't have to pay for my antibiotics, lol. The lady in Chemist  says oh you're over 60 you don't pay 😂😂😂 whoopee I said
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    What - club session tonight 900s and 300s 
    Why - XC season approaches
    Last rest - yesterday. Seemed pointless dragging my weary legs out for 3-4 for no obvious reason.
    Last hard - well that would be the QoP last night, legs immeasurably better today.

Gobi/LmH - I will never be in your league position wise but it also irks me when people say they are world championship athletes (age group). I know a few who travel to Biathle finals and are the only competitor (or one of two). A lot of these events are non funded so you have to pay travel and accommodation, not within the means of many (better) athletes.

• Swim so far (around wreck), badminton this evening, maybe fit in short run too.
    Mixing it!
    Last hard Saturday
    Last rest Sunday
    Lyrics no

Hope you're up and running again soon wabo

Good come back WP
  • Morning.

I think they’re all self funded Dustin. Sensible decision to rest.

Wabo - sorry to hear you’re still I’ll, the streak is not worth risking your health for, go for a walk if you feel the need to get out but don’t feel pressured to run.

Time on your hands now you’re tapering Benjy? Good to see you starting the thread this often.

Hurricane due to hit Florida today but fortunately a few hundred miles from us so I’m hoping for better weather today Alehouse, the high was only 27C yesterday!

Nice miles Poppy.

Enjoy badminton and your run if you go OH.

Anyone waiting on the London ballot?

What:          Short and easy
    Why:           Hamstring not good
    Last hard:   Rehabbing this hamstring 
    Last rest:    29/9

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Club session for me tonight also Dustin, although the coach never tells us what we are doing until after the warm up and strides.  

Wabo, get well soon.  All prescriptions are free in Scotland, dont know they can afford that to be honest but its a vote winner.

Lyrics, nope.
  • Where to start? Get well soon Wabo. Dustin: Sensible. Glad QoP paying dividends. OH that is a busy schedule. Poppy, please hurrry up slowly and look after that foot. Great effort tho! You and me both Donaldo. Free in Wales and club sesh tonight! Steady, steady Ale. Have fun at tkd tonight
    What: Club sesh 2 mins hard 1.30 recoveries repeat looks like 10 x's so no run at lunch
    Why: On the calendar
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: Yes...roll on next weekend
    Dog howling and trying to keep in kennel. Sunshine welcome today! 
  • Benjy: Eeek. Wind. My worst enemy. What we don't have in hills is made up for by wind.

Wabo: hope the antibiotics make you feel better. What LMH said. If you're ill, you're ill and a streak is just a number. Big picture and all that.

Don: enjoy club tonight.

Poppy: Well done on yet another impressive outing.

LMH: Didn't realise you'd been across the bridge :) There's a small recreation center on the other side where I used to do laps. I can't remember the name now, but it was something Indian ;) I think there are some trails around that area too but we were warned to watch out for 'gators :/

Dustin: Hope the rest day works its magic.

What: 5 and a bit miles at lunchtime
    Why: I fancied a run in sunshine rather than the dark and as I'm just pootling along getting those legs ticking over I might as well sleep in.
    Last hard: I'm in dire need of a holiday. 3 more working days :+1:
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    What: physio
    Why: taper
    Last hard: feeling really ill yesterday! Luckily seem to have got over the worst.
    Lyrics: nope

5 days to Benjy! 

Missed running club last night but at this point I think health and rest are more important than training.

Have a lovely evening all
  • I haven’t spotted the park chicksta- on the left or right after the bridge and how far? All of the ‘parks’ and ‘trails’ I’ve found on this side are about 100m at most though there is a little bit of block running behind the Baptist church and through nearly too Matanzas Park and a quiet out and back to the Bowditch Pointe Park. Where did you stay when you were here?

They most certainly are emzap.

Look after yourself SC.

Enjoy the club session Donaldo.

A bit breezy here today too though back up to 31C. Michael may not be local but he’s making his presence felt, an unusually high tide has cut us off from the beach, in fact the water was right up to the properties bordering the beach along much of it but no flooding fortunately.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Gajera trust is focused on supporting three areas around the world - provide education services, health services and community services for society. Gajera trust is focused on supporting three areas around the world - provide education services, health services and community services for society.
    gajeratrust.org/Default.aspx