Wednesday 10th October 2018 - I'm broke but I'm happy, I'm poor but I'm kind

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Morning

Lyrics: I'm broke but I'm happy, I'm poor but I'm kind

What: possibly a mile
Why: leg is tender from physio
Last hard: tapering isnti fun!
Lmh sounds like it's a bit breezy there! It's meant to be 21°C here today, hope it's cooler by Sunday...

New Garmin arrived yesterday, so run will give me a chance to play with it!

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yes, lovely day in prospect here, also, with max in the early 20s. Supposed to be around 14 on Sunday in York. 

What: a run in the sun this pm

Why: working this morning. May be one of the last chances of the year to run in warmth. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    What - easy lunchtime, coaching tonight
    Why - recovery 
    Last Rest - Monday
    Last Hard - yesterday:3x900 with 300 recoveries, 6x300 with 300 jog back recovery
    Legs still a bit sore after Sunday but managed to stick with the leading group so not all bad. 
    lyric - don't think so
    Not in London (no surprise really: last 25 years I've got in 3x through the ballot, 1x GFA, 1x "if you get 5 rejections you're in" entry and 19 rejections (didn't apply one year). Boston looking the favourite this year now Southampton have moved their date to May. That's Boston, Lincs.
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Morning all,

Yesterday's lyrics: Airport by The Motors. Has always seemed like a theme tune to me, some kind of Sunday afternoon British kid's cop/spy show of 70s/80s (like Return of The Saint type-thing). Shower sing-along classic.

LMH: Hope the hurricane avoids you

What: Hedges to cut (would like to go for a run, (might go for a 3 to 4 at lunchtime)
    Why: Tapering, brown bin tomorrow, last day of sunshine, possibly last chance to cut
    Lyrics: Well I haven't the foggiest

• Boston, MA is a nice one too, Dustin ;)  Albeit a bit pricey.

Em: Exciting! Which Garmin did you get? Enjoy playing with it.

Enjoy your run in the sun, ale.

Woke up to thick fog and no Wi-Fi (not sure if there is a correlation ...) So, first time this year in long tights, high viz jacket and gloves :/

LMH: We tend to have totally unscheduled FL trips so we can escape to warmer areas if one area gets cold. Not a problem at this time of year but as we usually go in January it can be a huge issue. One year we ended up in Key West which wasn't a bad choice. Last time it was Fort Myers. We were up in the Florida panhandle (near Pensacola) as the weather turned cold so we just headed South. Naples was too expensive but Fort Myers was OK. The first two nights were spent at the Hampton Inn which is on the other side of the bridge, just off Summerlin. Nice hotel but crap location for a longer stay :) However, that's how I found out about the recreation ground. Well, the receptionist told me when I asked him about running routes. It's probably too far to run from Ft. Myers beach, TBH. The receptionist also got us the condo at the Lovers Key Resort for the remainder of the stay which was a nice gesture. It's was a sort friend of a friend of a friend's place. Most resorts were fully booked this being main snowbird season but as the bridge was frequently jammed we really fancied a place to stay on Estero.

BTW, I Just found the park on Google: Wa-Ke Hatchee Recreational Park. I ran there twice more -- we went over by car, hubby did the grocery shopping at WalMart while I ran my 3-5 miles around the two little lakes there. You probably couldn't do a parkrun there, it's too small :D but I think it's a big bigger than Bowditch Point.

What: 10 foggy miles
    Why: couldn't sleep so might as well run
    Last hard: breathing in fog isn't easy with asthma
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: sound familiar but I couldn't name the tune without googling

• Up the hill shortly
    It's a nice day
    Last hard Saturday
    Last rest Sunday
    Lyrics no
  • Morning.

Enjoy playing with your new Garmin emzap.

What’s all this last of the warmth Alehouse?

Thanks chicksta- we are about two miles from the Lover’s Key resort. I think your park would make for a bit of a long run for me!

Careful with the gardening  Benjy - don’t want you doing yourself an injury in the taper.

I would recommend Boston, Lincs Dustin. May even be there with P again.

Enjoy your run OH.

The hurricane is forecast to hit hundreds of miles from us but we’re certainly getting some weather - windy and some unbelievably heavy rain last night, windy again this morning and some more water on the way. Beach has disappeared under the high tide so I won’t need to worry about running along that for a couple of days. Not the best last few days for us but we’ll just have to make the most and be grateful that we’re not closer to Michael’s path.

What:             Short and easy
    Why:              Weather is non conducive 
    Last hard:      Sleeping 
    Last rest:       29/9

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all

re running at the moment.  TBH th every slow mile I have done has kept me sane and got fresh air in me. I am at work today and trust me this feels harder, head fuzzy etc.  I do listen to my body and if at any time it feels wrong I will stop, trust me.  Ive cancelled all ideas of races at the moment.
    chick mind that fog
    lmh, glad that hurricane is a long way off!
    Lyrics yes
    emzap, hope you are feeling ok! Sure the leg will thank you, maybe tomorrow
    Dustin enjoy your easy and coaching
    benjy, you are busy!
    Sorry any I have forgotten, come back to heaps of work.
    what: a mile later
    why: fresh air this office is yuk
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all, OH I didnt get in VLM but have a lovely new jacket
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • On top of Wideford Hill
  • Afternoon!

Nice pic, OH! I should have taken one whilst running round Sale Water Park. Very similar, I'm sure!

Glad you are still clocking the miles, Wabo! The fresh air will help!

LMH: supposed to be 22/23 here today, then about 14 and rain tomorrow and Friday. Dry over the weekend but still 14/15 degrees, which is also forecast for Emz and Benjy at York.

What: 4k largely off road on shale. 

Why: MLR! Found it hard work on tired legs.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Nice photo oh! Gorgeous here too.

Please can request some advice. So I'm going for 4 hours on Sunday assuming all is good. I read something today that suggested running the first half in 1:55 ish leaving 2:05 for the 2nd half and breaking this into half, first half in 1 hour, final half in 1:05. Does this sound like a crazy plan?  All thoughts welcome!
  • Nice photo OH. It’s a little duller than that here and quite possibly windier than Orkney!

I pace to feel so can’t really help emzap.

Glad you’re feeling better Wabo.

Sounds like good marathon conditions but a chilly return to the UK for me Alehouse.

Very windy here this morning even 500 miles from where the hurricane hit land, humid too, I was flying running with the wind at my back along the beach (the high tide left it a lovely, flat, firm surface when I could get on to it) it was a different story when I turned round of course - could barely move or breathe! We had some amazing biblical rain last night to such an extent that even with the wind and heat at 1445hrs it still hasn’t dried up everywhere.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.