P&D Autumn Marathon 2018

Comments

• HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    Comeback seems to going well Spoon. 

Great to see progress on your issue too Steve. 

Well done on that last big tempo session SQ - you really seem to be smashing it at the moment. It's all in the bank now.

Given the recent lack of training and last minute entry, it doesn't feel like race week at the moment. Fortunately my guts feel fine now, unfortunately I've come down with a cold (thanks kids). Fingers crossed it will have cleared by Sunday. Did a short fartlek yesterday before the cold came on - 6x approx 2min on, 1 min off. A good one to fit into a 30 min lunch break.
  • Seems as though Jools first pic should be a caption competition picture.....

Looks like I stepped up the intensity too soon doing hill repeats and thought I got kicked in the calf with a stone, but it is a slight pulled muscle, bit uncomfortable walking ...Shame as I was starting to feel pretty good :(

While people are getting their training runs in the bank I'm still stuck in my overdraft

• AlanBAlanB ✭✭✭
    2:57:xx for me at Chester, really not what I was hoping for. Thought I had got on top of the back/hip issues that's plagued me for the last 18 months but I guess not. 

Won't bore you with a full race report as it is a bit depressing. Basically went out with a target race pace in mind, couldn't even hit that pace in the first few miles as everything just felt a bit tight and awkward. Couldn't get my HR up to marathon effort either, yet it was feeling like such hard work. Started to slow after 12 miles and then my left hip and knee started getting painful around 18 miles. Walked for a bit at 21 miles to loosen off my back and then shuffled in the last few miles. 

Bit of a sore one to take after such a big and successful training programme. I say successful, perhaps the signs were there that something wasn't right, I couldn't get near planned MP on any of my Saturday tempo runs throughout the programme but kept telling myself it was due to tired legs. Maybe it wasn't as it's exactly how I felt on Sunday after a two week taper. 

Great event, lovely course, if a little more undulating than I was expecting. Really well organised with a nice goody bag and cracking long sleeve technical top. Loved Chester too and enjoyed a few great meals (including The Architect - cheers SQ) and a good few drinks on Sunday.

Anyway, back to the drawing board. 
  • JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Good work SQ. Plenty of science to back up heat acclimatisation I believe.
    Nice to hear you're both still easing back in Steve & Spoons.
    That's my sort of lunchtime session HA, though I'm leading out a dozen 11-13 year olds.
    Bad news FBT. Hope it doesn't set you back too long.
    Sorry to hear that Alan. Your training seemed to be going well from what I saw on Strava. A good time considering especially as you pretty much walked a mile.
    Just entered Chester 2019 myself. Only £33 if you get in before Sunday :) Always fancied this one as I was born there.
    After a rest day yesterday I did a 5+5 double today. Easy sub 8's at lunch then a super easy recovery this evening.

• Those BAC sessions really seem to work for you SQ, impressive paces for a solo run as well

Great news on the lack of reaction from the achilles Steve

Your post indicates the fitness is coming back Spoons, you'll get there  :)

Hope a few days rest does the trick for the calf FBT

Sorry to hear that you didn't get what you wanted at Chester Alan but you still ran a sub 3 hour marathon!!! 

Legs have felt battered the last few days, particularly my calfs. However still managed 40 mins steady with 3 x 10s hill sprints yesterday and a solid session tonight with 30 mins of effort, most of which under 5min miling for the reps and all very consistent. First league XC this weekend!

• Great to see the comeback continuing, Steve. You’re being really patient.

Lol – brutal honesty from spoons! Great that you are recovering more swiftly from the longer runs and that your HR is heading in the right direction too. Another win for patience.

Gutted, HA. Sure it’ll clear up for the weekend. Tidy little fartlek, nice to inject some pace in race week.

Sorry to hear that FBT. Can you get on a roller and try to iron out those kinks at all?

Sorry to hear that Alan. Gutting when a strong training block doesn’t convert on race day. Pleased you enjoyed the event as a whole, though. Still, walking in a 2:57 isn’t too bad… Great to hear Jooligan is there for next year – it is a super race.

30 minutes under 5 m/m, Scott. No wonder the calves are battered!

Anyone else receive a VLM magazine? Two things stood out: our very know Joe being quoted, and the advice of chocolate cake for breakfast.

Very final BAC session this morning: a misty open topped sandwich. 10 mins MP effort (6:33 - a bit disappointing), 2 min jog. 28 x 2 mins hard 1 easy. Paces ranged from 6:03 - 6:28. Supposed to be hard vO2, but didn’t want to risk injury so kept a lid on it. Still good for leg turnover. So a little underwhelming, but not to worry.

I was surprised at how cold it felt, couldn’t properly use my hands when I got back. I was also erring on the side of caution: after yesterday my right quad was hurting with a noticeable knot on the middle left. Tried to roll it lots, and used some magnesium spray/snake oil last night and this morning. It seemed to do the trick as the quad felt fine this morning. I would have canned the session otherwise. Sorry, to continue a moan, but my lower back feels a bit tight after carrying some heavy boxes. I am sure it is all just some early taper madness, but I have booked a sports massage for tomorrow to try to iron out the kinks a little.

• I'm doing a bit of catch up on the thread ... marathon recovery has been very good with 15 miles post marathon, 30 miles last week, and this week shaping up as normal with a very encouraging marathon effort tempo last night ahead of Birmingham half on Sunday. 

I got the London 2019 magazine yesterday. I didn't even try to read it though - too many ads - so I missed Joe, will go back and read.

I've had a lot on at work but just got round to posting the race report on the Overdone It? thread: https://forums.runnersworld.co.uk/discussion/202026/overdone-it/p812

Well done to Macca on the 5k pb. Scott you continue to amaze. Oh to be young again ! Fingers crossed for the cold clearing HA. I was still in the final throes of mine for Hull, which played a part.

Glad you're getting back to it Hazel - hope racing goes well. I love the post marathon days. No more long runs for a bit. Spring in the step etc. All other race distances hold no fear - feel like water off a ducks back :)

Jooligan - astonishing amount of work you're getting through and congratulations on the modelling contract ;)

Commiserations on the marathon struggle Alan - I noticed that you said you'd been attempting training at planned marathon pace ? Isn't that generally thought to be Not The Right Thing To Do ?

SQ - Hope the quad, hips and back hold up and definitely sensible not to push the boat out. Thanks for posting the BAC session plans way back. They are very tough though and would represent a huge leap in training intensity for me. Oh and I couldn't let this pass:
    Sorequads said:

A few friends of mine run in tight shorts, and I can see the benefits. 

:o 

Also:

Sorequads said:

The outside of my hips are feeling ludicrously tight. Any advice? 

Don't stretch that area. It could be similar to something I had, that post London 2017 was diagnosed as gluteal tendinopathy. I'd had the issue after a fall and was attempting to rectify by stretching throughout the marathon build up. It made it worse as the problem wasn't the tightness, but the tendon inflammation due to lack of capacity in the muscles. Ended up with around 6 months of rehab glute strengthening post marathon. So don't stretch, strengthen around that area.

Apologies if I missed anyone out - noted RSR and Steve making their returns to full training and hope it continues to build well for you both.
  • Thank you for the advice, muddy. I have continued to work on hip strength, whilst only stretching the hip flexors in a forward plane, rather than anything to the side. Hopefully this will work. 

Epic and excellent write up. Interesting to see you training in context like that. A very sensible approach in what must have been a very stressful time. Exciting to finish in the stadium and great to see an orange vest battle off at the end. 
  • Finally managing to catch up a bit on here.

Muddy: that's decent mileage so soon after a PB. Absolutely love the Spragginesque write-up. Brilliant pics too and yes, those shoes look mighty orange :)

Scott: nearly missed your phenomenal park run PB. You mentioned that very casually. Wowzers. That's an incredible time. I hope it's on Strava coz otherwise it will not have happened :D

Macca: another impressive parkrun performance. Proves my theory of speedwork being overrated ;)

Good to see you back running , Hazel. Bit of shit news re. broken watch. Did you find a replacement?

Spoons: Wise decision re. Frankfurt. Your running seems to be coming together quite nicely now.

Steve: Progress! Your patience will pay off.

HA77: Hope that cold clears off in time.

FBT: Bugger re. calf. Stretch and stretch some more?

AlanB: Aw, that's a shame. Gutted it didn't come together on the day. Me saying that 2:57 is a fantastic time is probably no consolation as you were clearly expecting to run much faster. I'm a relative slowster but if MP doesn't feel doable in training something is amiss. Maybe get some bloods analysed. Could be iron or B12 deficiency.

Sorequads said:

Very final BAC session this morning: a misty open topped sandwich. 10 mins MP effort (6:33 - a bit disappointing), 2 min jog. 28 x 2 mins hard 1 easy. Paces ranged from 6:03 - 6:28. Supposed to be hard vO2, but didn’t want to risk injury so kept a lid on it. Still good for leg turnover. So a little underwhelming, but not to worry.

I was surprised at how cold it felt, couldn’t properly use my hands when I got back. I was also erring on the side of caution: after yesterday my right quad was hurting with a noticeable knot on the middle left. Tried to roll it lots, and used some magnesium spray/snake oil last night and this morning. It seemed to do the trick as the quad felt fine this morning. I would have canned the session otherwise. Sorry, to continue a moan, but my lower back feels a bit tight after carrying some heavy boxes. I am sure it is all just some early taper madness, but I have booked a sports massage for tomorrow to try to iron out the kinks a little.

Definitely taper madness. Great session though. I especially like the term misty open topped sandwich

10 mile run for me this morning. First time in gloves and high viz gear. Pleasantly surprised that almost all my runs post marathon were surprisingly springy and came out at what used to be steady pace before. Holiday coming up so I will keep plodding for a few more weeks before getting stuck into a P&L half marathon plan at the beginning of November.

Hope Katie had a blast at Chicago, Joe. And all the best for Kona. I think there's coverage on German telly. Maybe I can spot you. I take it you won't be sporting those ludicrous budgie smugglers and flat cap though :D

• Aloha from Hawaii team! I'm up early (4:30am), as still struggling with jet-lag slightly but I guess to be expected..

Thought it'd be a perfect time for a quick catch-up and check in. 

SQ - that was a tasty long run at the weekend, looking good. And a good tempo yesterday. Hope the niggles clear, a good massage should sort them. Haha - what was said in the VLM mag?

HA - good luck for this weekend mate, hopefully you still illness free, look forward to hearing about it.

Alan - really sorry to hear it didn't go quite to plan mate. Like others have said, still a really decent time all things considered. 

Muddy - glad to hear the you're back into your stride and good luck with the half. I will give the report a read shortly. 

Chick - sounds like marathon recovery is going really well. Enjoy the holiday, going anywhere nice? I've got a custom made pink tri suit (haha), but I doubt any of the coverage will be focussed on me. 

Scott - didn't say it before but brilliant 5km time, that really is rapid mate. So great to see your running is going so well at the moment. 

Spoons - really happy to see things seem to be progressing well, a break will make you hungrier than ever now and you'll be back to your best soon enough, just be patient with it. 
  • So some of you may or may not have seen Katie's result. 3:10:19. It was actually a 2 second PB (they all count!), but obviously she wanted so much more than that. She went for it, going through halfway in 1:31, fading in the last 10km but never giving up. It's actually the worst state I've ever seen her in, as she came past me at mile 25 I shouted at her and she just looked at me vacantly like she didn't even know who I was! She was running with her head slightly tilted to the side so I knew she was in a world of pain. 

I had my running backpack on and managed to get around to a load of spots to cheer her on and personally really enjoyed the day, it's a great marathon and I'd tell people definitely to go to Chicago, awesome place. She's had a few days to digest and thankfully she's really proud of herself (as she should be), and I know it's only a matter of time before she makes the next big step. I think she'll run sub-3 in the next 18 months. 

We're now on the big island of Hawaii and my excitement levels have already reach fever pitch! It's like the disneyland of triathlon here, and I've already seen tonnes of professionals strolling around, more than happy to stop for a chat. Still a few days until the race but I can't wait to get going. I'm posting regular blogs (or trying to), so if people are interested just keep an eye out;

https://spragginsblog.wordpress.com/2018/10/10/kona-day-1-im-never-leaving-this-place/

Alternatively, feel free to add me on Facebook or instagram (Joe Spraggins), as I'm posting loads there as well.

It's actually raining a fair bit at the moment although I'm sure come race day it'll be roasting hot!
  • Good luck on race day Joe. I’m sure you’ll give it everything and Katie will get your thousand yard stare in return !
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Sorry to hear that Katie had a rough time in Chicago.  I find it hard to run in a different time zone and had a bit of a disastrous race in Boston, so perhaps the travel and jet lag affected her too.
    I'm sure she's going to smash her spring mara :)

Going to lean back and read your blog now.
  • AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    Sounds like Kona is amazing - some fun pics up on Strava! Sorry to hear Chicago didn’t go as planned for Katie but it’s got to be tough running after all that travelling. 
  • Hope there were no digestive issues in the meantime regarding the tyre eating episode Jools - I also giggled at that.  Nice 20 miler. 

Happy birthday Scott - somewhat belatedly.   Good luck with the XC.

Nice sandwich running SQ - open or otherwise.  Take care of yourself in the next 2 weeks.  Running overdressed isn't fun:  did it by accident on Tuesday.

Good progress Spoons. 

Your kids are not kind to you on the illness front HA. 

Bad news on the calf FBT. 

Sorry you were not happy with your Chester result Alan. 

You are recovering well muddy.  Good luck for Birmingham.

Have a good holiday Chicksta. 

Great Kona updates already Joe.  Enjoy every minute - you have worked very hard to get there.   Katie's result is very impressive after all those injury setbacks despite not being what she wanted.

I have got a new watch in the meantime - another TomTom Runner (model 3 this time), as I decided it was too much work to compare all of the makes and models and I got on well with the original Runner.  This one has an HRM so I have some more data to look at.
    Runningwise nothing special going on - I've more or less started in on the P&L base training up to 45 miles a week but I might sprinkle in the odd race and extra bit of speedwork here and there.   Really should make some plans.
  • Alan, sorry to read about Chester.  Sounds like your body just wasn’t letting you do the time you’re capable of, hope you get to the root of the issue.  If nothing else a block of training banked for the spring.

Likewise with Katie. I’m sure she’s still on the improvement curve.

Will catch up with the blogs & reports Muddy and Joe.

Fingers crossed  SQ on your niggles.

An unremarkable run of the mill 5m easy on Tuesday turned into a bit of stiffness later in the afternoon which then turned into quite a lot of pain.  There’s a mild niggle in my knee but the top of the outside of the leg is almost untouchable.  Classic signs of ITBS according to Dr Google.  Unless a miraculous recovery ensues I’m looking like a DNS for this weekends ultra.
  • HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    That's bad luck Alan. Such consistent training really doesn't deserve that result. Hope you bounce back and can get on top of that back issue long enough to have a good crack next time. London in spring?

Great to hear of your exploits Joe. Shame Katie didn't run as fast as she wanted. Another year or so of solid training will make a huge difference I think. Is she going to have a good crack at Valencia or take it easy and target London? Seeing your pics almost makes me want to take up triathlon again .... almost but not quite. I do like the idea of an open water swim in a location like that. Much more appeal than swimming in a pool or a reservoir. Hope the excitement doesn't wear you out before the race.

Good work on the final BAC session SQ. You must be champing and the bit.

Still got the cold but it's getting better, hopefully will be good to go by Sunday.
  • Careful Macca nasty business then old ITB lark.... I tried to run through it years ago and paid the price!

My calf is a lot better today with a gentle run so looks like not too serious (thanks for the comments). Will continue to roll SQ

Alan - great time

H-Nut - Im looking for a new watch as my forerunner 110's strap has broken - might look at that as otherwise will be another garmin.

• Haha chicksta, that’s the absolute limit of my poetic abilities.

Sorry, Joe, I’ve chucked it away. It was a quote from when you finished wearing the smugglers, along the lines of best day of your life, the crowd were incredible. I think you warranted two paragraphs, so good going! I’ve been really enjoying the blogging and photos, although the underwear run leaves little to the imagination. Massive best of luck for the weekend. Truly hope you have the race you want and survive the heat ok. Hard luck to Katie, although a PB is never to be sniffed at. She has made incredible progress this year, especially so after a tough injury. Is she doing London? She’ll smash it I’m sure, and probably beat you.

Ooo enjoy the new watch, Hazel. I’m too much of a sheep to avoid Garmin. Same for apple phones, I suppose. Good to see another going for the P&L. Which race are you targeting?

Oh no, Macca. I know sports massage and loads of glutes/hip strengthening eventually sorted it for me. Hope it clears off soon.

Hope the cold clears off ok, HA. You’ll be well rested. Best of luck and hope the weather is ok. You’re a classy runner and will no doubt tear up the course.

Pleased to hear the calf is on the mend, FBT. Fine to run, I reckon, as long as you’re not having to change you gait to compensate for the injury.

My quad felt fine yesterday, but I stuck with the sports rehab/massage appointment with Worcester’s strongest women (an actual title she won). Turns out my quad wasn’t fine and she diagnosed a pull in the Sartorius muscle. She said that and the tight TFL were probably linked. Fine to run, apparently, but could be painful. And talking of wince-inducing agony… the massage was the most horrific I have ever experience. Genuinely yelling in pain. What a wuss. Got a bit of a funny look from the lady who was waiting for the next appointment. I’ve booked in for an appointment a little while post-marathon. I’m definitely creaking at the edges, although I guess that’s what you get when stepping up in mileage. And if you don’t push it, how will you know what might have been. Hopefully I’ve just about got the balance right.

Anyway, pain free running this morning so mustn’t grumble. 6M with a few strides on the artificial rugby pitch. My goodness it was wet and windy. Planning on a progressive 10-12M probably tomorrow morning as a final ‘long run’.

• Haha chicksta, that’s the absolute limit of my poetic abilities.

Sorry, Joe, I’ve chucked it away. It was a quote from when you finished wearing the smugglers, along the lines of best day of your life, the crowd were incredible. I think you warranted two paragraphs, so good going! I’ve been really enjoying the blogging and photos, although the underwear run leaves little to the imagination. Massive best of luck for the weekend. Truly hope you have the race you want and survive the heat ok. Hard luck to Katie, although a PB is never to be sniffed at. She has made incredible progress this year, especially so after a tough injury. Is she doing London? She’ll smash it I’m sure, and probably beat you.

Ooo enjoy the new watch, Hazel. I’m too much of a sheep to avoid Garmin. Same for apple phones, I suppose. Good to see another going for the P&L. Which race are you targeting?

Oh no, Macca. I know sports massage and loads of glutes/hip strengthening eventually sorted it for me. Hope it clears off soon.

Hope the cold clears off ok, HA. You’ll be well rested. Best of luck and hope the weather is ok. You’re a classy runner and will no doubt tear up the course.

Pleased to hear the calf is on the mend, FBT. Fine to run, I reckon, as long as you’re not having to change you gait to compensate for the injury.

My quad felt fine yesterday, but I stuck with the sports rehab/massage appointment with Worcester’s strongest women (an actual title she won). Turns out my quad wasn’t fine and she diagnosed a pull in the Sartorius muscle. She said that and the tight TFL were probably linked. Fine to run, apparently, but could be painful. And talking of wince-inducing agony… the massage was the most horrific I have ever experience. Genuinely yelling in pain. What a wuss. Got a bit of a funny look from the lady who was waiting for the next appointment. I’ve booked in for an appointment a little while post-marathon. I’m definitely creaking at the edges, although I guess that’s what you get when stepping up in mileage. And if you don’t push it, how will you know what might have been. Hopefully I’ve just about got the balance right.

Anyway, pain free running this morning so mustn’t grumble. 6M with a few strides on the artificial rugby pitch. My goodness it was wet and windy. Planning on a progressive 10-12M probably tomorrow morning as a final ‘long run’.

• Good luck for Sunday HA!

Hope the calf is ok FBT.

Sorry you had a rough time at Chester Alan, to run sub-3 in those circumstances is still impressive, although I understand that’s little consolation. It obviously wasn’t your day, fingers crossed next time.

Good luck at XC Scott.

Sensible to be cautious SQ, especially so soon after the monster peak BAC session. Glad you’re pain free, take it steady and hopefully you’ll be all set for Abbo.

Great race report Muddy. Interesting about the strength work, I really need to get back to doing some. Good luck in Brum.

Looks like you’re having an amazing time out in Kona Joe. Sorry Katie didn’t have the race she wanted, but she’s had an incredible run since coming back from injury and I’m sure sub-3 will come. Good luck for tomorrow!

Sorry to hear about the injury Macca, hope the miracle arrives!

I’ve been continuing to gradually inch up the training, running 10 miles yesterday then a session of 8 miles this morning. The legs are definitely coming back faster than the cardio, but it’s all (slowly) heading in the right direction.

The session itself was 12,10,8 mins at LT, with 4 mins recovery. I was pleased to turn in similar paces to last week (6:36/mi, 6:38/mi, 6:34/mi) despite the miserable conditions. My forecast said “dangerously windy” and while I didn’t think it was quite that bad, it was pretty breezy! So similar pace, for longer, in much worse conditions, and after a 10 miler the day before. I’ll take that.

• HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    Sheez SQ. A couple of niggles in the past week. I would be taking it easy if I were you. Nothing to gain by doing a progressive MLR but potentially a lot to lose. I can understand squeezing in a bit of faster running if you're feeling good to get the legs ticking over but there's no fitness gains in it considering your consistent training. Sorry to be preaching. 
  • HA your advice is always truly appreciated. I will almost certainly just run it at a sensible easy pace then. 

Great to see another session posted, spoons. And as you say, to do that on the back of a 10M is great progress. Out of interest, did you run it by the river, rather than the racecourse to avoid wind? Or dog walkers? 

Looking forward to rugby coaching this afternoon in the dangerous conditions!

• JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Cotton wool SQ - don't blow it now.
    Coming back pretty sharp Spoons.
    Good news re calf FBT.
    That's rotten luck Macca though I guess that's the kind of damage trying to combine speed & massive mileage can wreak on our older bodies. Fingers crossed you've made a miraculous recovery.
    Congratulations to Katie: I'd take a 2s PB at the moment Joe. The flight is bound to have affected her running legs somewhat. Hopefully yours are now recovered. Best of British at the w/e. Loving the blog updates.
    Best of luck HA. Hope you enjoy this one.
    Nothing for me today after 5M with 4x800m + 14M on the bike & nearly 2M swim yesterday. Was already thinking I'd have a proper recovery day for once but this storm convinced me I was doing the right thing. Took the lads to the track at lunch for 10x200m off 200 recovery. Let them recover into the gale so the efforts felt easier. I was having a job just standing still to call the times!
    First XC of the season tomorrow in Cardiff which is also the British Cross-challenge so a high quality field guaranteed.

• Sorry to hear about the knee issues Macca. 

Good luck for Sunday HA.  Hope the cold is well gone by then.

Not 100% sure how sturdy the fasteners are on the TomTom strap either FBT.  I am slightly allergic to Garmin as a Forerunner I had had big issues at anything below 0 degrees with its battery, took forever to start up (GPS) and also wasn't waterproof (rain not swimming) for long - screen went sort of moldy.  Long time ago though. Maybe they have improved.

Good you can run painfree despite the pull SQ. Ouch to the massage.  +1 to take it easy.  I've not got a big race to target yet.  Therefore just some base training with a few extras.

Nice LT spoons despite the wind.

Have a good XC Jools.

Good luck to Joe for the weekend of course!  The blogs are great!
  • Just having a read back after another very busy couple of days. HA - I think katie may well give Valencia a crack but we’ll see how the next couple of weeks pan out.

Spending most of the day today with my feet up in the apartment. The race has crept up rather quickly and in around 24 hours time it might well all be over! I just can’t wait to get going now.

Im going to post a final blog later today with some tracking info and timing for the race (starts 6pm UK time Saturday).

Just wanted to say thanks for all the messages of good luck and entertainment provided on here over the years (I think it has been years now!). It’s a great group of people and it’s been a pleasure to share each others journeys. I’m sure I’ll be in floods of tears over the finish line (Reg/HA won’t approve).

Good luck anyone else racing this weekend
  • AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    Macca: that’s rotten luck. I’m refreshing the leaderboard hoping to see your name pop up at Little Wittenham

Joe: very excited to see how you go tonight. All the best and hope you don’t have any issues on the bike. 
  • AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    Thankfully Macca has popped up at the first checkpoint 
  • Atleast you know whats wrong now SQ, lots of stretching and rolling in order

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend, Joe must have just started. Ahhhh!

The 5km is indeed on strava chicksta, hoping to get under 16 before the end of the year. Running Nos Galen 5km on new years eve before a massive piss up in Cardiff  :p

Can't believe how warm it still is!

Maybe not the run Katie wanted Joe but I'm sure next time out she'll smash that as she seems to be on an upward curve

Sorry to hear of the injury Macca, hope you get it sorted (although I see AWC says you've hit the checkpoint so obviously manageable)

Glad you survived the 'dangerous' winds Spoons :)

The weather must have made Cardiff Cross interesting today Jooligan

This week has been 40mins on Wednesday, a tempo on Thursday and today was the 1st Hampshire XC of the year. Pretty flat course, started strongly but a little over optimistic so faded towards the end. Finished in 54th place, was 5.91 miles at 5.49. Did spot Millsy coming out of the loos but didnt get the chance to say hi!