Thursday 11th October 2018 Drive my truck midway to the motorway station

Morning!

Lyrics: Drive my truck midway to the motorway station

The lyrics came to mind when stuck on the motorway yesterday.

What: short run/fitness suite

Why: work gets in the way/Thursday. Could be very wet by then.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Not sure we'll have such a stunning day here again, was summer all over again yesterday!

What - easy running, U11s coaching
    Why - down day and routine
    last rest - Monday
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - nope
  • Morning.

Quiet today.

We had a bit of a wet and windy evening/night with some spectacular thunderstorms but this morning seems a little better. Of course the weather is forecast to improve from tomorrow. Mark has decided that he would like to run round the lake in a park we visited for a farmer’s market yesterday so a change of venue for this morning’s run (seems a long way to drive for a short run to me but I’m happy to go along with it).

What:         Short and easy
    Why:          It’s an easy running week
    Last hard:   Managing issues with my new kitchen from here
    Last rest:    29/9

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Zilch by design (possibly swim this evening)
    Rest day indicated
    Yesterday felt hard
    Last rest Sunday
    Lyrics no

Weather not very inspiring and due to get worse tomorrow.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ha ha lyrics oh yes!!!
    oh, enjoy the rest day
    lmh glad the weather hasnt been too awful for you, enjoy your run, it sounds lovely
    dustin enjoy the easy
    Alehouse keep on truckin, have a good day

What: 1 little mile
    why: its best at the moment
    last hard: that but not too much
    last r est: 31/12/16
    the streak is intact and I am getting better!!

Have a good day all, yoga later for m e

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • LMH: Glad it's not so bad where you are. The pics in the news looked a bit frightening.

wabo: Enjoy yoga

em: what LMH said. Pace to feel. Although it's better to start off slightly conservatively and speed up at the end. Very difficult to do though as race nerves inevitably kick in and make you shoot off like a rocket.

Definitely summer again here. 22 degrees B)

What: S&C at the gym
    Why: defying age and keeping that muscle tone
    Last hard: a million loose ends to tie up before I go on hols
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: no

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    This is not bad. Two visits in the same week :)

Dustin/LMH - there in lies the problem with AG - the racing in the UK at these qualifiers is good hence I have done a few of them but I am still in a mental war at spending 1000s of pounds to go to places I can afford to go and discover that most people I race are A: British or B: not that good or C: dopeheads

The other option to me for hard racing is powerman but I am not sure my leg can take the longer distances.

Right now I am enjoying challenging myself against some of the best glory hunters in the UK and holding my own, do I need a blue suit. NO not really, I did it in 2010 and 2011 and to be honest as said I HATED the attitude of so many people around it. A decade has softened my stance a little so maybe I will do 1 race in 2020 and see if all the alarms go off.

I should say I am only interested in going if I think I will be racing right at the sharp end.

What: 5 miles AM D&D LVRC Track League PM
    Why: I enjoy the pain
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: most of April and May
    Lyrics: No, some things do not change
  • Emzap, my general rule for pacing a marathon is that the first 13 miles should feel far too easy (and I set a ‘not faster than’ pace which is usually 5 secs/mile or so quicker than pace for my guesstimated finish time) 13-20 should feel like you’re working a little harder, but not much more than long run effort, 20-23 needing to concentrate to stay on pace and from there on its kitchen sink time.

Glad you’re feeling brighter Wabo.

chicksta - it was quite surprising how much weather we got being so far away. Is it going to be warm where you’re on holiday?
  • Afternoon chaps.

Had to go for a 7 mile plod this morning, I know I shouldn't, haven't run since Monday was going crazy and I'm sure I could see my waistline expanding before my eyes this week like Stay Puft from Ghostbusters. Feel miles better for it. No more though until Sunday. Will be glad to get back to normal running pattern next week with no plan, setting off and going where I want for how long I want instead of having to meet certain distances. Haven't really had 'The Eye of the Tiger' with this marathon like the last two years, really looking forward to it, don't get me wrong, but I wasn't intending entering it this year but had my arm twisted.

LMH: Glad I just picked up your tip there above, thanks I'm going to keep that in mind there also. I have been watching keenly on the news Fort Myers, lucky escape.
    Emz: Get ready for singing on the transfer bus Sunday.
    Wabo: Good on you! So long as you are fine keeping it up that's great. Get well soon.
    Chicksta: Noted, I'm soaking up the advice
    Gobi: "C:Dopeheads" that made me laugh, even though it's not contextually a laughing matter.
    Welsh: Miles cranking up!
    Ale/Dustin/OH: Hope adventures today are enjoyable

What: 7(andabit) plod (Bad Benjy sleep in the kennel outside tonight)
    Why: Stir crazy
    Lyrics: Thought yes, then truck line confirmed no

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

I'm definitely expanding Benjy! I also know that hunger is my biggest downfall in marathons so I know I'm doing the right thing although it feels nasty!

Thanks for the advice all.

Singing? From the station you mean?

What: eating
    Why: fattening ready for Sunday
    Last hard: feeling like the fattened pug
    Lyrics: no, yesterday were one hand in my pocket Allanis Morrisette.

Have a lovely evening all
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Evening all.

Never made it to club on Tues, long story but not worth telling.  Didnt run at all.

6 miles on Wed, felt good, 43:something.

Club session tonight, 17 x office block reps,about 53s each.  Really enjoyed it.

XC starts on Saturday, can't wait.

Lyrics, nope.
  • There’s no reason not to run Benjy, just keep the miles down and the effort easy. I run every day even in the taper, I’d go mad otherwise.

Glad you had a good session this evening Donaldo.

One of my favourite things about running marathons is carb loading emzap  :)