Saturday 13th October 2018 - my love is gone away The bottle stands forlorn a symbol of the dawn

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Morning
Lyrics: my love is gone away
The bottle stands forlorn a symbol of the dawn

What: travel to York
Why: I think I'm doing something there tomorrow
Last hard:  woke up having slept in my neck badly, can't turn head right!

Lmh when I did yoga I did find I got fewer injuries, though regular physio does the same.

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• On da boat ...
    Bit of running around Loch Rannoch tomorrow
    Last hard: yoga, but no ill effects so far
    Last rest: Thursday if I exclude a short swim.
    Lyrics not a clue
  • Morning!

Travel well, Emz and OH! Enjoy your days tomorrow!

Yesterday's lyrics were The Clapping Song by Shirley Ellis.

Lyrics: yes. Used them about a year ago I think just before going away.

What: something

Why: can't make my mind up. Pouring at present. Helping at XC this pm.

I'm trying to do lots of stretching/Pilates moves etc in a bid to avoid injury. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Yay, the XC is here.  East District Relays today, just 2.5 miles each at Glamis Castle.  Will be wet!  

Go well tomorrow emzap and OH.  Enjoy supporting the XC alehouse, its the officials I feel most sorry for on days when it buckets down from dawn to dusk.  Kudos! 

Lyrics, nope. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Morning again!

What: 6k

Why: last minute decision to parkrun to get my long run for the week in in company. Rain had eased and was little more than a light drizzle when running, although windy. Plan was to run just under 30 minutes but after 1k in about 5:40 got talking to a couple of guys and ended up being towed round to about 25:50 or so. Achilles was fine, LMH...but will it be tomorrow?

Shower then off to xc. Enjoy the relays Don: my favourite!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Hope everyone (including me) has stress free travel.

Lots of racing this weekend- I’m looking forward to reading all about it - remember, if you’ve done the best you can on the day then you could do no more.

I hope it’s still ok tomorrow Alehouse - and that your afternoon officiating is dryer than forecast. I am not looking forward to a return to UK weather (or much else other than seeing Grace).

What:              Short and easy/travelling
    Why:               Won’t get a run in tomorrow/return to reality
    Last hard:       Dealing with kitchen issues/thinking of return to work
    Last rest:        29/9

Lyrics no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Afternoon chaps.

Safe travel Emz & LMH
    Ale: Good stint there
    Don: Enjoy Glamis Castle
    OH: Good going on the yoga, can't beat a bit of stretching
    Emz: Enjoy tomorrow, I'm on 8 o'clock transfer bus from Elvington to Event Village, getting ready for sing song on the bus, penny whistle packed.

Yesterday big gym session and stretching

Today 'nowt, carb loading with a Harbour Bar ice-cream (that's what I claim), they are the best ice creams up here. Very windy got it all over myself like a toddler.

What: Nice long walk around mrine drive whilst listening to Zoe Ball show at 3 on radio.
    Why: Need some good movement to sleep and generate an appetite. York tomorrow.
    Lyrics: Every way I look at those lyrics, it always concludes with no.

• Evening!

Forecast was badly wrong today, and hope it is in a favourable way tomorrow for our marathoners. Other distances are available. 

22 degrees at the cross country league, although very windy. And no rain from mid morning until just now. 

And Emz has chosen nostalgic lyrics today, Benjy (i.e. before you were both born)!
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed my relay run today, we were potential masters medal prospects and my 2nd leg of 15:49 for the 4K leg kept us in the hunt.  In the end we missed out but it was so so sooooo good to be back on the country.  And Glamis Castle is a superb venue, Macbeth even showed up!  
  • Torrential rain on way down with deep surface water on roads but drying up a bit now.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    In York, waited an hour for a bus back to hotel after dinner! Not impressed with public transport!

Walked way further than intended due to said issues today, but feeling good about tomorrow. Neck is way better but wow is it hot, hoping tomorrow's 12°C is realistic!

Have a lovely evening all and will report in the afternoon.

Ps lyrics ironic as we had first delivery of song title today!