Wednesday 17th October 2018 Any time of the year, don't you hear

Morning!

Lyrics: Any time of the year, don't you hear  
Dressin' fine makin' time
We breeze up and down the streets

A vague sort of link with yesterday’s lyrics which were Fred Wedlock, The Oldest Swinger in Town:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kALGhbTxdg

What: a run of some description later

Why: work first

Not seen SC for a week  so hope all is well. And is WP still away?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Work today, maybe track this evening.
    Left it at just a slow recovery run yesterday giving badminton a miss.
    Lyrics no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    OH - well done on the prize, and yes, you can only beat who turns up!
    What - steady lunchtime, coaching tonight
    Why - easy week
    last rest - 9 days
    last hard - Sunday
    coached last night so just some easy running, around 4.5 miles total
    lyric - nope
  • Morning.

I hope that SC is ok too.

Poppy is home but ill and not running.

I agree OH - you can only beat those who participate, a win's a win  :)

Are you racing again soon Dustin?

Has your achilles settled Alehouse?

What:             short and easy
    Why:              tired
    Last hard:      getting straight
    Last rest:       14/10

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Oops! discovered, on arrival, I'm working Thu/Fri, not today.
    (No prize just category ranking!)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics no
    oh no LMH poor poppy! enjoy your short and easy
    OH i don't know how many times I have said you can only beat who turns up, especially o n park runs! Well done
    dustin enjoy both runs!

what: 2.85 miles d&d
    why: taking oh to a show later, small one a thriller, I do hope he gets it and doesn't fidget  :D:open_mouth:
    last hard: this morning 
    last rest: 31/12/16

Good news is my pace is picking up again so I think I am getting back, also rhr has dropped
    have  a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Ale: You are becoming quite the compare, sorry I missed yesterdays. Enjoy your run
    OH: Cracking marathon result, I like your plan approach
    LMH: Enjoy short/easy
    Dustin: Enjoy smeeky lunchtime
    Wabo: Result on the pace, I find pace such a funny thing, I go running and my pace is terrible (for what I know I can do), I think why can't I do 8:30 when I'm doing 9:30, it feels like I'm doing 8 but it is 9:30, but then the first 5 to 7 miles of the marathon last Sunday I'm consistantly hitting 7:10-7:20 and feel fine and chipper. As LMH has said many times previously it is different when wearing an event number. So I know how you feel when the pace picks up on normal running days, feels great. Enjoy your afternoon show.
    Emz: Hope the legs are recovering.
    Welsh: Hope you feel better soon.

Do hope SC is ok.

Busy day yesterday, gym, work, school pickup, taekwondo. Hurt my foot so ibuprofen. Going for a plod lunchtime (5 mins). Probably down to the North Bay, see how foot plays out.

What: Plod, trot, plod for as long as I feel
    Why: Jeremy Vine and the public will have much to discuss
    Lyrics: Bloody hell no!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

back from Palma in one piece, survied the 10k (just) went out too fast for the leg (hit 5k in a confortable 25mins.... but the leg let me know at 4m that it wasnt going to fully play ball, so had to ease off.. for 27;59 on the second 5k, not ideal and looked a mess dragging the leg through at the end, but its done.... a big improvement on equinox, so some benifits.... and a 10k trg run this morning in a slow pace with no issues at all, so continued improvements, but forcing the pace is the issue as thats when the leg says no..... waiting for a consutants appointmemt now as bloods all ok....

onwards and upwards... take care all
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Well done RFJ, onwards and upwards as you say!

Club session last night was 7 x 3 mins on with 2 mins recovery.  Worked really hard which made it fairly brutal.  Covered approx 0.53 miles per rep.  

6 easy miles today as the recovery.

Lyrics,nope.
  • I finally feel up to posting and find my ears are burning:-)

I had one run which was an amazing run on day I arrived on IOW 4pm and 23 degrees heat tons of folk on esplanade but it was a course record for me I was so elated.
    Then could feel my chest and breathless then next day full blown head cold/virus which went to my chest, so I could just force myself out walking for 3 hours a day dosing up. Came home Sunday and finally today  my peak flow is starting to rise so hopefully back running by weekend.Totally not the holiday I planned but made the best of it and had g;lorious weather.I left on the day the rain and floods arrived in Wales and the same on IOW......I leave destruction in my path.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hi all...dog's been out of the kennel. Managed parkrun/xcountry Sat and Red Petal centenary poppy run on Sunday. Seminar tomorrow and away for the weekend. Weather looks good abroad so hopefully will lift the mood. Haven't even felt like  a lurk. Thanks for the concern. Time to face the meds again methinks :-(
  • Glad you're ok, SC.

Well done on your age cat win, OH. Also liked your race post-mortem.

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, poppy.

RFJ: you're doing great on the comeback trail. Now convince that leg to cooperate at pace :)

Wabo: Nice when the speed come back.

Still walking loads here. Also ran 6 miles today. And spent an afternoon on the MTB. Another great way to explore.
  • Afternoon! Too early for evening as the sun is still out!

Good to see you, SC! Sounds like a busy weekend just gone! Going anywhere nice? 

Sorry to hear about the illness, WP, and hope the 10k didn't spoil your holiday, RFJ!

Sounds a busy holiday, fitness-wise, Chick!

And that sounds a tough session, Don!

Everything ok on the home improvement front, LMH?

Hope the 5 min plod was ok, Benjy...my distance run, although I suspect yours will have turned out to be 5 miles! Don't forget you ran a marathon on Sunday!

Emz: hope you can walk now!

What: 4.5k largely off road this pm in a very pleasant 16 degrees.

Why: increasing the MLR? Still having to manage niggles though. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I can walk!  Went for a short one today.  Crouching down still hurts a lot (difficult when baking for OH's birthday and oven and baking cupboard require crouching!).  

Ben I'm in awe of your recovery!

Poppy glad you are on the mend.

Think I'll run tomorrow if work allows :)

Have a lovely day all.
  • Good to hear that you're on the road to recovery RFJ.

Thanks for checking in SC, hope some sun helps.

Glad you're on the mend Poppy.

Sounds like a great holiday chicksta.

Not really Alehouse.

What are you baking emzap?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.