Thursday 18th October 2018 Scoop, Muck and Dizzy and Roley too

Morning!

Lyrics: Scoop, Muck and Dizzy and Roley too
Lofty and Wendy join the crew

Hope the builders get sorted, LMH...or tilers/plumbers/plasterers/fitters etc!

What: short run/long fitness suite this evening

Why: work all day

Yesterday's lyrics were, The "in" Crowd, which most will know best sung by Bryan Ferry, although the original was Dobie Gray.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

All workmen were gone by the time we got home Alehouse - the issue unfortunately is with the kitchen, whilst it's apparently as planned it isn't what I asked for/thought I was getting and doesn't work for me. Short of having it removed and starting again (not an option even if I could get all the money back) there are only a few minor adjustments that can be made which will make it less pretty but hopefully more practical.

What:            short and easy
    Why:             still tired
    Last hard:     resolving kitchen issues
    Last rest:      14/10

Lyrics - think so and I should have got yesterday's.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    LmH - That sounds a bit poor with the kitchen, hopefully you can get it resolved to a satisfactory degree. 
    Next race is the social XC league a week Sunday. 
    RFJ - saw your exploits on fb, seemed a lovely event to run. 
    Benjy - did you mean you were going out IN 5 mins, not going out FOR 5 mins?!?
    Emz - glad you're feeling alive again
    SC  - good work last weekend, enjoy the away trip coming up
    WP - tell me where you're going next so I can avoid it!

What - U11 coaching, easy running
    Why - routine
    last rest - 10 days
    last hard - Sunday

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LMH oh no.  So sorry for you that's disappointing :-( I hope you can get it sorted somehow
    Dustin have a good day, Thursday easy!
    alehouse I am struggling with your lyrics yet I know I shouldn't be! Enjoy your run and fitness

What: a short run later followed by an hour of easy flow yoga with my daughter
    why: yoga teacher away, we're going you tube in my living room!
    last hard: yesterday morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

OH really enjoyed the play in the small theatre when he recovered from his first 5 mins of wanting to giggle!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    nice to see  you SC but hope you are ok
    WP oh dear re IOW, but sounds as if you did well.  Glad you are on the up x
    EMzap glad you are getting back to normal too
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭

Morning all

I am deeply concerned that I may know the lyrics :¬0

I see RFJ is back, XC is round the corner so a fall will not be far away now :¬)

LMH - there is a kitchen in my house, not sure if it is any good but I can get a number of bikes in there as well and still reach the cooker !

Dustin - indeed, maybe I just carry on racing in the UK, maybe I do powerman where I know the field gets stacked. Problem is I enjoy the short distance events. Hence maybe every 10 years looking at AG is OK ?

What: bike AM d&d run PM

Why: I just do this stuff

Last hard: did some efforts last night on the bike

Last rest: June ish

• Afternoon!

Sorry to hear about the kitchen, LMH! Can we fix it? Yes we can!

And glad the lyrics struck a chord, Gobi!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    well if anyone doesn't know the lyrics now alehouse.......
     ;) 
  • Dustin: Was going out in 5mins. Did 7.5miles in end. Funnily enough Dustin was thinking of your comments about your daughter going to uni earlier, my youngest (8) has gone on a school trip to an outdoors centre, yesterday until Friday. I said to my eldest on way to school this morning "I miss Eleanor, it's like she has gone to uni", then got the sudden thought it's only ten years time, that's not long and my heart sank.
    LMH: That's rubbish goings-on with your kitchen, sorry to hear that, so frustrating.
    SC: Glad you are ok.
    Wabo: You go youtube Wabo! Like the 1980s Jane Fonda workout tapes. Enjoy.
    Gobi: Enjoy bike and run, busy.
    Ale: I am very dissapointed in myself that I did not get Roxy Music. The huge number of hours I have clearly wasted to Roxy Music over the years, none of it seems to have gone in. The number of bruises I got from trying to jump over the chair like in the kellogs advert that used Stick Together and the trying to time the abrupt end of Virginia Plain when singing along. Hurumph! Hope you get to the fitness suite this evening.

What: Going for a really brief run in 5mins with Jeremy Vine.
    Why: Injured foot, ibuprofen, test the water.
    Lyrics: No! Is it Roxy Music?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    benjy thats exactly what my mum said, just like Jane FOnda!!
  • Working, possibly swim later
    Why, I am timetabled to work today!
    Last hard: recovery run on Tuesday (last night's track was back to usual)
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics ... I do now!

We're lucky if any of our offspring are actually in the same country as us (1/4 currently)
  • Afternoon
    Dustin: You are so funny but shall let you know when I next go away :)

Benjy: What have you done to foot?

Wabo: How is the family especially Jodi?

SC: I hope you are okay and can come through the Black Dog episode.

I am happy to report after 8 days my peak flow was high enough to attempt a run.
    So

What : 5 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Where do I start, broken foot,chest infection, flooding
    Lyrics: Yes

The sun came out and prom faces south a glorious morning for a run and although I have only been coming here since the Boot this a course best by 2 minutes a mile and foot is downgraded to a 2 out of 10 it is almost normal again.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hi poppy, jodie not too bad. Giselle has had a couple of seizures last couple of days. But all good - glad to see you got out for 5 miles!
  • Dog still barking...Paris calls...back Monday...sun forecast all weekend...thanks guys
  • Welsh: Did the marathon at the weekend, was fine apart from the doms. I usually have a little run next day after something like this just to get rid of the doms was ok. But Taekwondo tuesday night possibly think I twisted it and probably due to strain/weakness of the marathon. In summary I was acting like a gung-ho punk clearly ignoring advice of the respected and wisened owl in the woods (Ale) of ensuring to act in an appropriate manner after a marathon. As my mother still says "You will never learn Benjamin". Great you are getting about again in light of everything recently. Keep an out for the ghost of Jimi Hendrix.

SC: Have a blast in Paris.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh Benjy! How could you not heed alehouse's words? Note to self....
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Well Benjy, I managed a mile today and now I can't walk again!  So even heeding Ale's advice I'm going to give it another day or so!

What: a mile
    why: I was getting itchy feet
    Last hard: that mile!
    Lyrics: nope

Wabo sorry to hear about Giselle, hope all is ok (as well as it can be)
    WP you're on the mend yay!
    LMH what a pain.  How did that happen? Re cake, it was a chocolate cake but it didn't come out too well.  He came home too early so it wasn't cooled before I put it on the plate and it sunk!  Oops!  Tasted ok though.

Off for a walk in a bit, let's see if that helps ease the legs!

Have a lovely evening all.
  • Yes, hope Giselle is ok, Wabo!

Re running after a marathon, I don't have too much of an issue with this as long as people just run 15 to 20 minutes, say, as a very (very, very) gentle leg loosener: too much risk of injury otherwise, I think.  Everyone is different though! 

And take it easy, WP

So, references to owls, woods, Paris and Hendrix: sure there must be a link to some lyrics there!

Enjoy your trip, SC. Not jealous in the slightest. Will you be taking in a parkrun? Or a race?
  • Sorry to hear that Giselle has been having seizures Wabo, hope she's more settled now.

Had to chuckle at you turning up to work on the wrong day OH - I've done that too.

I usually run the day after a race Benjy, it's not a bad thing per se but maybe you did a bit too much a bit too hard? Hope your foot is soon better.

Glad you're back at it Poppy.

Enjoy Paris SC.

emzap - it's the taste that matters. Apparently when I told the salesman I wanted like for like with my old kitchen and he said that was fine what he meant was 'I can fit a kitchen in the same place that your current one is but the configuration will bear little resemblance to what you currently have as our carcasses are different sizes and we don't make a corner cupboard for the top'. Very annoying and the cause of much unnecessary stress. The manager came out and looked at it and said 'I have to say it looks good' well yes it does but it isn't what I asked for or thought I was getting and it doesn't work (and breathe)!
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.