Friday 19th October 2018 - You know that it would be untrue

Morning.

Lyrics - You know that it would be untrue

A cold start here this morning and I had a rough night. Really not feeling the love at the minute. I was hoping to manage a longer run this morning (either a long MLR or a LSR) as I haven't been over 14 miles since 25th September and want to taper a bit next week so today is the best day to do it I think - but whilst the mind is willing I'm not sure the body is, don't want to make myself ill either (I'm still tired and my throat is sore). I guess I'll take it easy and see how I feel once I get going.

What:               who knows
Why:                see above
Last hard:        first world problems
Last rest:         14/10
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were Bob The Builder.

What: run in the sun this pm

Why: work this morning/decent weather forecast

Lyrics: not today
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    LmH - Re kitchens: if there is somewhere to keep the wine chilling, somewhere to stack the beers and somewhere to bake the cakes, then the three prerequisites of a kitchen are surely fulfilled? ;-)
    Hope the run today is everything you want it to be
    Wabo - sorry to hear about the seizures, hopefully all is well today
    SC - have a lovely weekend

What - Aiming for a longer lunchtime run but legs tired, body tired...
    Why - Manchester this weekend (Uni visits) so time limited
    Last rest - last Monday 
    Last hard - Sunday
    Lyric - ah yes!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    I know these lyrics..
    dustin, thanks I think so
    alehouse have a nice sunny
    LMH take care

what: did just over a mile this morning in the country park
    why: race tomorrow
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

asked to change working hours due to always getting stuck on the motorways on the way home, or way in!! Not a problem so I am happy about that.  Start earlier and leave earlier
    have a good weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Good that your employers were flexible Wabo. What are you racing tomorrow?

My the time I'd defrosted from Grace's walk it had warmed up a little though it still took a good five miles before my feet and hands warmed up at all. Lovely morning for running and October's LSR done.

Listen to your body and take it eay Dustin.

I bet you do know these lyrics Alehouse.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    It's a Chingford League race LMH. I've asked can slow old biddies run lol! They've given me permission - it is lovely out there  today. 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

I do indeed know the lyrics, LMH. Was still asleep when I posted this morning...and that was from work! Sounds like a good run this morning!

Enjoy Manchester, Dustin!

Wabo: if you are an old biddy, I don't know what I must be! Don't bother answering! 

What: easy run, in theory

Why: legs were not happy, but just general tiredness from yesterday in the fitness suite.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • You're not that old or slow Wabo!

General tiredness is ok if frustrating Alehouse. It was good to get the miles in this morning, I don't like to leave too long between the long runs.
  • Meant to say, Brass Monkey half marathon (York) entries open tomorrow morning: https://www.yorkknavesmireharriers.co.uk/brass-monkey/

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Old me again

Brass monkey is on my to do list but will have to wait for another year

What nowt
    Why rest
    Last hard yesterday sort of
    Lyrics nope

Been off this week but next week back to work and will be permanent nights till after Christmas
    But back sort of building work run walking every other day so will do something tomorrow short 20 something minute  run walks 
  • I see they're allowing transfers now - about time really given it will probably sell out in about fifteen minutes. If we're up early enough and remember Mark and I will probably have a go, haven't run it for a few years but it's good to keep you honest over xmas.

You can do it if you want to Pammie - nights or not - stick with it.
  • Good to see you Pammie: consistency is the key! And consistent consistency at that! Keep those short run/walks going! 
  • A late one from   me it just has been one of those days.

What: 7.1 miles
    Why: Because I could
    last hard: Broken foot,chest infection,flooding you name it;-)
    Lyrics : Yes

Brass Monkey's is to far away for me;-)

Good Luck all weekend racers it would have been GSR for me but never mind .

Another fab run it is coming together nicely right I have had my share of bad luck so only Good Luck for me please;-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    What: rest today
    Why: got a cold
    Last hard: waking up with a cold
    Lyrics: maybe

Good your employers are flexible wabo.

Have a lovely evening all
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    LMH with it being all nights is not a problem m Ames it easier
    Alehouse mentioning that the other day to someone

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Sorry to hear about your kitchen woes, LMH. Reminds me of the time when we built our house a and I went kitchen shopping. I had a certain budget in mind but by the time I had configured my dream kitchen the expenses had trebled ... Never regretted it though. I look at it every day and it still makes me happy. Men probably don't get it (sorry Dustin and Gobi).
    What are you tapering for? I usually struggle to run properly for at least a week after a long flight.

Sounds like the dreaded post marathon cold, em. Hope is short lived.

Running well again, poppy.

Pammie: good to see you.

Wabo: sensible thing to adjust work hours. I find it admirable how you and your family cope with Giselle's ailment. Hope she's alright for a while now.

SC: hope you manage to wrestle the dog into submission.

Benjy: Stick together was used for a crisps advert here. Loved it and had a serious crush on Bryan Ferry. I was about 10 I think :D

More cycling yesterday plus a 5 mile run. Today was 10 miles (walk) along the beach and a 5.5 miles run. I need to counteract the food intake. I mean, I always have a healthy appetite but on holiday my reward system is going into overdrive. Cake, ice-cream, waffles, Bratwurst .... :D
  • That's what holidays are for chicksta - though I was quite surprised to be back in my normal weight range yesterday (weigh day). I'm doing a 10k next Sunday - seemed like a good idea as my legs had obviously decided they were tapring on holiday and I was seeing some pleasing mile splits, back in the cold it's not quite been as good - though I think/hope it's jet lag/residual fatigue from the travelling.